Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56727 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GlyphGryph didn't get one from ToonyMan, either.  Ah, but he did get an increased y value by 1.  Hm...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Maybe everybody has either a x vote or a y vote?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I think those changing rules affect our ability to unvote as well.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile

Leafsnail, you have done nothing but disrupt the testing. If everyone co-operated we would probably have a general idea of some of the rules and could go onto proper scumhunting.

My vote will always work the way it does in normal mafia, I know that much...
Meh.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Leafsnail, you have done nothing but disrupt the testing. If everyone co-operated we would probably have a general idea of some of the rules and could go onto proper scumhunting.

My vote will always work the way it does in normal mafia, I know that much...
In what way, Halmie?  But I have found out something intersting - unvoting Shades seemed to give him an extra vote on one of his axes.

Now, you say you want me to cooperate, but how?  What do you want me to do?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There you are, scrambling to make the most of your newfound time (with ultimatiums, in some cases) when suddenly a strange man walks out of one of the walls, holding a nickle silver tablet. With great ceremony, he places the tablet next to the pile of others and stands waiting as you read it:

Well, well! Finally some real progress! A gauntlet is thrown, confidence is assured! Bravo, bravo!

You may need more than simple confidence to overcome your foes, for you cannot bend reality to your will alone. But you can vote, and you can observe. Speaking of voting...

Alsark[0,2]
Apostolic Nihilist[0,1]
Halmie[0,1]
Leafsnail[0,3]
Nirur Torir[0,2]
Shades[1,1]
Toonyman[0,2]

You've broken the tie! How excellent! Of course, that may not be how you wanted to break it. But, you've got twelve hours to correct it, if it's not.

Once you've finished reading, the man walks quietly through the floor, leaving you to your discussions again.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, wait a second, halmie.

You said your vote would count like it would in a normal mafia game.  So why is it in the second column rather than counting as a vote?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, Toony, looking back - this is the second time you've voted me without actually having a reason, and you've been doing less scumhunting than me. (which is saying something, considering I've been focusing on BM8 and mostly paying lip service to this game since it stopped hibernating). Don't rely on me to hunt, start doing some of your own.

Other than your random not even FOSed accusation of Shades (also for no reason), you've voted me twice - and you've yet to explain why. In fact, you've pretty much refused to. Right now, no one looks terribly scummy to me - its day one, and with everyone focusing on the rules I think the scum can more easily avoid making little slips. But you've been posting in a stilted way and seem to have some reason for wanting me lynched that I can't figure out...

Wait a minute.

Why do I not have any votes on me in that last votecount?

:is very confused:

Damn do I wish I had more time to devote to figuring out what the hell is going on in this game.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Who, at the time of the vote count most recently made before this message, had the most votes / would be lynched if the day ended then?

Rysith, you will be forced to give me a straight answer sooner or later....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who, at the time of the vote count most recently made before this message, had the most votes / would be lynched if the day ended then?

Rysith, you will be forced to give me a straight answer sooner or later....
If the second column is votes, I guess that would be me?  Also, did anyone else notice a few votes moved from the first to the second column with the rule change?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

That's just a OMGUS vote GlyphGryph.

Oh, you looked back about me?  Why don't you do that for anybody else??

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey... wait a second.  I want to test something.

FoS Halmie.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's just a OMGUS vote GlyphGryph.

Oh, you looked back about me?  Why don't you do that for anybody else??

Its not an OMGUS vote - I had reasons. Your vote inspired to look a bit

I looked back at you and not anyone else because I both
a) do not actually have a whole heapload of time to devote to review and analysis, and most of that has been going to BM8.
and
b)You've been acting strange recently, and your vote on me seemed baseless and just... odd. You didn't ring scum to me, but you didn't feel like town either. You were simply acting more suspicious than anyone else has been.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

So I was neutral to you.

I don't think there's a neutral side.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, wait a second, halmie.

You said your vote would count like it would in a normal mafia game.  So why is it in the second column rather than counting as a vote?

Unless the second column is the vote count. If it's the first I think I'm in line to be lynched. I would like to know why halmie is so sure his vote would count as well though. Being that practically noones seems to directly.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38