Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56653 times)

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Time frozen, 35 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2010, 09:09:22 pm »

And yet we won't find out how it works if we don't at least try lynching scum.  I don't see why you're trying to shield the scumgroup so much.
THis COULD be done by mafia. But if everyone just co-operates we can finish it quite quick. So on that note Unvote.

Ah, sorry for the loss Rhysith.
Meh.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2010, 01:18:46 pm »

I agree. Figuring out how the voting works is vital.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2010, 10:14:07 am »

Most is quiet for a time, the chatter of voices slowing as the sky and ground remain silent and grey as they hold in place. It is only now that the colors return, their swirls slowly regaining life and parting to allow a fine pewter tablet to decend, supported by a beam of light. On the tablet are these words:

Sorry, sorry. Our long absence has been troubling, it seems.

But now we have returned, to urge you on toward victory in whatever manner each of you may happen to be pursuing it! Your spirits are not broken, only your voices left in silence.

Your votes have not changed much since last we announced them, so perhaps that will help:

Alsark[0,1]
Apostolic Nihilist[1,1]
Leafsnail[0,2]
Nirur Torir[0,1]
Toonyman[1,2]
Zai[1]

There weren't any questions, but perhaps there should have been. Rule Four is no longer active, and time is progressing forward at half-speed. May your efforts be fruitful!

As it finally reaches the ground, the tablet falls from the beam and lies still on the ground.

========================
Time is resuming, but at half speed for today and tomorrow (since it's a holiday in the US). Given that, the day is scheduled to end at around 10pm board time on Tuesday. The first post will be edited to reflect that.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game resumed, 36 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2010, 10:20:57 am »

Unvote.
Vote Pandarsenic.
Unvote.
Vote Pandarsenic.
Unvote.
Vote Pandarsenic.
Unvote.
Vote Pandarsenic.
Unvote.

Just trying something.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2010, 12:41:50 pm »

Does anyone have rule modification powers? I think it xcould be good to MC

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2010, 01:51:55 pm »

RedWarrior - this is only a semi-bastard mod.  That means we're probably still trying to find scum, and MCing at this point would give them the upper hand.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2010, 01:54:42 pm »

I request another vote count Rysith.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2010, 09:25:06 pm »

Three of you have been making some noise, but otherwise things have been quiet. The pewter tablet rests next to the others, seeming to do nothing in particular. All at once, you see an electrum tablet lying on the ground next to them. Unsure of how it got there, you rush over and read:

Ah, ah. A Sunday afternoon, time for the mind to depart for other places, free from the game of life and death. But we, we must continue, and so it shall be.

This time, the votes stand as they did last time:

Alsark[0,1]
Apostolic Nihilist[1,1]
Leafsnail[0,2]
Nirur Torir[0,1]
Toonyman[1,2]
Zai[1]

The votes remain the same, hopefully to Toonyman's pleasure. Though the rules do not. Rule Four has become active again, and must be carefully factored into any schemes you have.

Once again, we wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors. Until next time, farewell!

It, like the others, doesn't seem to have any intention of moving.
Try my orc mod!

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game resumed, 30 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2010, 12:24:08 am »

Interesting... I wonder what triggers rule 4, precisely...

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2010, 08:54:08 am »

Sorry for lurking, but I'm bad at seeing patterns. The only thing I see with the rule-flips that makes sense is if a role can change them at will. I assume rule 4 is based on a scum role.

Leafsnail, you have shown an interest in trying to keep others from identifying the rules. What do you think the toggle is for rule 4?

Votecount please.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2010, 09:04:26 am »

Unvote

Is that everyone? Almost everyone I think, that makes me think the first numbers are the real votes and the latter the peak point or something.

Interesting... I wonder what triggers rule 4, precisely...
Maybe asking for votecounts?

Does anyone have rule modification powers? I think it xcould be good to MC
Are you serious, MC on day 1? Anyone with a powerrole (which in a bastard mod might be almost everyone) would be likely to falseclaim and anyone else important would be killed by the Mafia. If my vote had any impact, I'd vote for you, RedWarrior0. Fishing for roles is a very dangerous venture.

Also, if you want to know about rule modification powers, why a massclaim?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2010, 10:14:11 am »

Unvote

Is that everyone? Almost everyone I think, that makes me think the first numbers are the real votes and the latter the peak point or something.

Might be part of it, there is some votes just not counting at all though or at least not counting for the votee.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2010, 11:26:25 am »

Sorry for lurking, but I'm bad at seeing patterns. The only thing I see with the rule-flips that makes sense is if a role can change them at will. I assume rule 4 is based on a scum role.

Leafsnail, you have shown an interest in trying to keep others from identifying the rules. What do you think the toggle is for rule 4?

Votecount please.
No, I haven't.  Anyway, the toggle for rule four could be almost anything.  Perhaps a scumteam member has a simple on/off switch which they can activate a certain number of times (once per day?), or perhaps someone is triggering it accidentally.  Or perhaps it changes every x votecounts.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2010, 11:51:45 am »

Possibly related:

I noticed that when nobody requested a vote count between the vote counts, Rule 4 was turned off at the next vote count. Then when somebody requested a vote count, Rule 4 was turned back on at the next vote count.

Somebody (Nirur Torir) already requested one, so we can't test this (by not requesting a vote count) until after the next vote count.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2010, 12:46:45 pm »

Your discussion is interrupted by the sound of trumpets, and you look around wildly to find thier source. Each of you quickly see that a grand procession is coming up the road, lead by a marching band and followed by dozens of other marchers. As they pass, a man costumed as a brass gear tosses a bismuth bronze tablet out of his carriage. The entire parade continues past you, the last of the dancers finally disappearing into the distance as you read the tablet:

Rule four, rule four! What could change rule four? Nothing that you have done this time, certainly: It remains active. But what could do it? And what could it do? A puzzle that you will have to find out for yourself, certainly.

But, Nirur Torir requested a vote count, and a vote count he shall have:

Alsark[0,1]
Apostolic Nihilist[1,1]
Leafsnail[0,2]
Nirur Torir[0,2]
Shades[1]
Toonyman[1,2]

How interesting! As we enter the final 24 hours, we have a tie. We do hope that that gets resolved one way, the other, or the third way.

Well, we shall leave you to your deliberations. Don't forget to feed the horses when they return.

Overhead, the sky seems to show no intention of darkening, but you know that less than a third of the day remains.
Try my orc mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38