Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56697 times)

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (playing Maofia, 48 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2010, 04:38:16 pm »

Oh, but yeah, as for having one fewer vote on me than I should... I don't know. I think you'd know if you had your voting rights removed since it said somewhere you'd get a warning first. So if you never got a warning there is no reason why you'd have no vote. So maybe Zai's vote doesn't count or maybe your vote doesn't count and you don't know it, or maybe votes on me are one fewer and I don't know it. I guess there could be a couple of weird reasons. Who knows with a semi-b round.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2010, 04:58:30 pm »

I'll keep my vote on Shades, he's the shadiest character currently. You didn't even humor me by coming up with a hypothetical rule I wanted to hear.

However, Vector, where'd you go? Not lurking are you?

Aaaand A votecount wouldn't hurt.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2010, 05:15:04 pm »

I think figuring out what is going on is important, but not as important as finding scum. We can do both at the same time, you know.

I agree we can do both, but day one is mostly just a random collect of wifom, old grudges or spur of the moment thoughts. Where as we do have a reasonable chance of figuring out the voting system.

So actually yes, I do think that right now it is more important than finding scum. The key words there being right now, before we have any reasonable information.

I'll keep my vote on Shades, he's the shadiest character currently. You didn't even humor me by coming up with a hypothetical rule I wanted to hear.

Rule for what? I must have missed that post? Will look back and see if I can find it.

On the other hand if every one votes for me it would be interesting to see how the vote count tallys. I'm fairly confident it wouldn't result in a lynch of me at any rate.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game Started, 72 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2010, 05:17:44 pm »

Shades, would you kindly come up with a hypotethical rule for me?

This post? to be honest the rules could be anything.

Based on the two inactive rules I'm would guess there is a rule that disables other rules while it isn't known. Of course it could just be based on someone abilities, so I wouldn't bet on it.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2010, 05:20:26 pm »

UnvoteShades, it may just be a bastardized votecount.  Why are you so determined to kill any efforts to find scum?

I'm not trying to kill efforts to find scum. I'm trying to kill your effort to stop us having any way of dealing with them once we find them by your push to ignore the problem in hand.

You've played enough of these to know day one is always fairly weak for scum hunting anyway.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2010, 05:29:37 pm »

However, Vector, where'd you go? Not lurking are you?

Aaaand A votecount wouldn't hurt.

Nope--some RL stuff popped up suddenly last night, and then the internet committed suicide.

I suppose I'll go ahead and ask the only question that seems of any relevance to me, and why not go ahead and just have everybody answer it at once? So to everybody: "What three players would you most prefer as scumbuddies and why?" Obviously Apostolic Nihilist needn't answer since he already has.

Sure, why not.

1. Apostolic Nihilist - has a similar style to myself, which generally means a better scumgame together
2. Zai - played a sharp game in B12 Mafia, and seems like he'd be fun
3. LASD - his town game in BMVI was clean enough that he'd probably make a good scumbuddy

I think that means two real votes, the 2's are confusing. Both have to do with Vector though. (My vote on Vector and Vector's vote on AN.)

Did you get anything in the pm hinting at something like this vector?

Nope.

More once I've finished compiling my info from a thread reread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (playing Maofia, 58 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2010, 05:55:18 pm »

(plus the rounds I play in are around 30+ people so there is an abundance of conversation and me sitting back for awhile is never an issue)
Do not want. I didn't have the patience to sit and sift through uPP (then BYORP) on Day 1 alone, and there were "only" 18 or 19 people in that. I am so glad I was a Jester in that. ♥

How many scum are there?
Such a question, from one such as that. As if we chose the scum. They chose themselves. Such is the way.
...Is no one else concerned about this?

Unless... maybe Alsark has two votes because one of mine didn't count? So its on him, but not doing anything, since I broke some rule enough times?

Zai, you were the other Alsark vote - is there any other explanation you can think of?
No clue. Nothing in my role PM hints at this vote-related stuff.

Hmm ... Actually, Zai, how did you interpret my statement as me saying that my death would reveal a rule?
That upon your death, one of the invisible (but active) rules in this post would be revealed.

Me favored scum elements would be:
Vector- Does pretty good job at recovering bad situations when replacing as scum
Leafsnail- Same
Toonyman- Familiar with his game

So people who I'm pretty familiar with in regards to Mafia playing.

2. Zai - played a sharp game in B12 Mafia
lulwut. I failed all over that, with a few good things thrown in (that may have saved my team's chances of winning if it came to me being only scum left, according to some town post-game). Best things I think I did were my ridiculous reviewing of the game that I think made me look more like my stupid town self as seen in the then-recent Vote Mafias, and trying to stop a town fight early on.

...So this is all rather confusing. I don't have the patience right now to dive through the vote counts and look for inconsistencies with real votes and patterns and such right now; I'm just not in the mood. This might change after I grab some supper, but as of right now. No.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2010, 07:11:14 pm »

On the other hand if every one votes for me it would be interesting to see how the vote count tallys. I'm fairly confident it wouldn't result in a lynch of me at any rate.
This isn't a terrible idea, actually. If we want to figure out the system behind this, it's probably best that we all target one person instead of just tossing our votes around randomly.

Ideally we'd request a new vote count after every additional vote (to figure out exactly whose votes acted differently), but the system seems to prevent that.

Unvote.

Vote Shades. (Might as well test it out?)

-- We can always unvote before the deadline, if need be.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2010, 07:24:54 pm »

I'm pretty sure some people have Cartesian Coordinates as their votes....

Actually, I want to try something. First, Extension. First day doesn't end until we can figure out how to vote.

Second, everyone unvote.

We need to add votes to someone one at a time, NOT VOTING AFTER THE FIRST UNTIL RYSITH GIVES US A COUNT, so we can see precisely what's happening.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2010, 07:28:40 pm »

First off,

Unvote Apostolic Nihilist
Unvote Apostolic Nihilist

(Just wondering what will happen).

I'll second the Extension, and should be able to get up some things I noticed by midnight board time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2010, 07:39:55 pm »

Oh yeah. Unvote Alsark. Unvote Alsark. Unvote Alsark.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2010, 07:55:20 pm »

I'll third that extension, and sure, Unvote: LeafSnail.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2010, 07:56:55 pm »

Extension!

Unvote Shades.

Cartesian coordinates certainly wouldn't be out of place, but I do wonder how they'd work here. Unless we're all on a grid of some sort? ...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2010, 08:01:45 pm »

Guys - I'd still contend that finding out the voting mechanics isn't all that useful if we don't have anyone to vote for.
Extension!

Unvote Shades.

Cartesian coordinates certainly wouldn't be out of place, but I do wonder how they'd work here. Unless we're all on a grid of some sort? ...
In which case I move Leafsnail one space upwards and use a strength sphere for a +2 bonus.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2010, 08:05:08 pm »

Leafsnail, what the fuck are you doing? ._.

And Leaf, we're going to scumhunt. But first, we're going to toy with the vote mechanic VERY gently so we can actually kill scum without accidentally ending the day on a mislynch
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38