Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56655 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (playing Maofia, 58 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2010, 06:13:42 am »

But the current votes don't match to everyone either, we have a vote on LASD that no one voted for before and two votes, one on me and one on Zai that never showed up at all.

I worry that voting for one person actually votes for someone else, like, for example, the last person that posted before you voted.

If it is an effect based on who is voting or who you are voting for then yes we should still be able to work it out.

It's possible the Semi-Bastardness is making me overly paranoid.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2010, 06:16:27 am »

Hmm, that's true. We need to watch that stuff. Still, I want to see the effect of the votes on the increase of the numbers...

Just remember, the rules are consistent.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2010, 06:17:23 am »

I guess I should test out my vote to see if there is anything weird regarding it. I'll try voting for somebody who doesn't have a vote on them just to see if anything funny happens. For now, that vote will be LASD.

LASD has a vote on them, and was just voted for by Pandarsenic for that very reason. So well done for not actually reading what people have posted before you over-react to a day one randomness and also making it yet harder to work out what is going on.

Also well done for making me think your scum, I would vote for you but I'm not changing that till I know have the slightest idea what is going on.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2010, 07:10:37 am »

Unvote, Redwarrior0 for not having a vote on him and lurking.
Meh.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2010, 07:31:38 am »

I think that means two real votes, the 2's are confusing. Both have to do with Vector though. (My vote on Vector and Vector's vote on AN.)

Did you get anything in the pm hinting at something like this vector?
Unvote.  Interesting rolefishing, Halmie.  Why is it relevant to you?  And just in case it is the last person you voted, unvote, vote Halmie.

Also, what were you intending to find out from your previous vote on Alsark?  You didn't wait for that to do anything before unvoting and moving to someone else without much reason.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2010, 07:39:15 am »

Like. Herding. Kittens.

Well so much for the logical approach to working out what is going on with votes. Anyone have any guesses on how it might be working we can try and disprove?

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2010, 08:20:08 am »

I wanted to know if my vote was worth two. Shades came up with the point that having more than one vote with mine might mess up the testing so I changed. I'm focusing on finding out this rule as it may help us.

Vector didn't need to tell his role, just if he was told anyhting about votes being screwed up.
Meh.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2010, 09:27:53 am »

UNVOTE

Vote Rysith

Time to test part two

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2010, 09:29:36 am »

Also, shades, I thought the idea was good but we don't have infinite time and no idea when Rysith might post again. Plus by the time I changed mine, the damage was done. :P

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2010, 09:34:24 am »

Requesting a RedWarrior0 prod.
Meh.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2010, 09:40:08 am »

Unless... maybe Alsark has two votes because one of mine didn't count? So its on him, but not doing anything, since I broke some rule enough times?

Zai, you were the other Alsark vote - is there any other explanation you can think of?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2010, 09:46:59 am »

No, wait, he said no rules were broken. Damn.

Rysith, are you a scummy god?
How many scum are there?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2010, 10:23:41 am »

There you are, trying to make sense of this strange place (with plans, in some cases) when suddenly an enormous crack opens in the ground near you. Amid the swirling colors of smoke and flame, a lead tablet rises slowly above the ground. As the crack swirls closed, the tablet falls to the ground. Eagerly, you all rush over to read what it says, which is this:

Well, Well! You've started the journey, haven't you!

You have moved from questions to ideas. Certainly, the way to enlightenment is before you, though the path may be long and littered with temptations. Persist, brave people, that you might be successful!

But Shades, you requested a vote count. We suppose enough time has passed, so your request shall be granted.

Vector[1]
Apostolic Nihilist[1]
Toonyman[1]
Redwarrior0[2]
LASD[2]
Leafsnail[0,2]
Alsark[0,1]
GlyphGryph[1]
Halmie[1]

There you are, Shades. Does that answer your questions? We hope it makes new ones. Things would hardly be interesting without questions, would they?

It would hardly be fair to give you an incorrect vote count, though. That would leave only confusion, not questions. The accountant responsible for the error has been sacked.

Speaking of questions:

Will you prod Redwarrior0?
It's been less than 24 hours since he posted. We'll see if he's fallen asleep if he hasn't responded by the next time we feel the need to contact you

Are you a scummy god?
Taken as an AND statement, we are not. Taken other ways, it could mean other things

How many scum are there?
Such a question, from one such as that. As if we chose the scum. They chose themselves. Such is the way.

Now, I'm sure you'll all be busy with this new information, so we'll leave you to your deliberations.

We'll just be down here.

Watching.

This time, the lead tablet remains on the ground, though it doesn't do anything else either.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 11:08:55 am by Rysith »
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (playing Maofia, 48 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2010, 10:59:37 am »

Okay so the votes were:
Shades: <no vote> -> Pandarsenic
Halmie: Vector -> Alsark
Pandarsenic: <no vote> -> LASD
Alsark: <no vote> -> LASD
Halmie: Alsark -> Redwarrior0
Leafsnail: <no vote> -> Halmie
GlyphGryph: Alsark -> 'Rysith'

And the vote deltas are:
Vector -1
Apostolic Nihilist -1
Toonyman 0
Redwarrior0 +2
LASD -1
Leafsnail [0, +1]
Nirur Torir +1
Alsark [-1, 0]
Glyphgryph 0
Halmie 0

I don't think this is a simple voting pattern here. There is clearly either some ability from certain players to vote different, some kind of secret voting going on or some insane rules that my brain doesn't seem to be able to pick up.

To test a theory I'm going to unvote and vote Pandarsenic. And request another vote count which I'm sure Rysith will ignore until it's annoying.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (playing Maofia, 48 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2010, 11:06:01 am »

Unvote
Vote Alsark

That should put the first vote back on him, hopefully.

Zai, when you show up unvote Alsark. Something wonky is going either with him... or with you. And I plan on figuring out what it is.

Everyone else, please avoid Alsark until I get this figured out.

To everyone else, while the weird voting stuff IS weird, I think out best bet is to decide amongst ourselves who to lynch, and then figure out a way to vote them off. We can continue to mess around with this stuff, but remember that our PRIMARY goal is still to find the scum (probably?).

Alsark, care to explain exactly what is going on with the votes on you?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38