Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56694 times)

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game Started, 72 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 01:48:32 am »

I don't appreciate the fact that you quote me using improper grammar, implying stupidity, when I clearly do not type that way.

I type like an 7 year old kid who doesn't know how to behave on the internet for everybody's "quotes," whether positive or negative. You'll want to get used to that, because I'm not changing how I play for anyone but me, though I will attempt to lessen my cursing like I do in games with "younger" players since you are apparently against that.

While I agree with you that trivial questions can be quite trivial, that's not the only way to play the Random Voting Stage. I and a number of others attempt to break people. It gets good game-relevant discussion going early on, which you can pick apart to look for inconsistencies and such things. Every now and then the person actually does break. New people are especially good for this practice.

Also, not really relevant now until we get some, but I'm guessing your "logical sense" dies at the sight of WIFOM. Just a prediction right now.

I can tell thou art scum, Foulsark! Why dost thou protest so loud to the rope around thy neck? Only witches have reason to fear death (for all magic dies along with them). Thou must be a witch!

I don't care if other people swear - it's just not something I personally do. I'm 21, by the way. It's just a personal choice. And that is fine, thank you for explaining.

Thank you for explaining that bit about asking people questions. See, this is actually my first round here at the beginning of the round. I have only played one other round here and I was not around for the beginning. Thus, this whole process is foreign to me. The sites I go to everybody just sort of contacts one another on IM and talks to each other that way (plus the rounds I play in are around 30+ people so there is an abundance of conversation and me sitting back for awhile is never an issue).

It depends on the WIFOM and how good people are at executing it, I suppose. Generally I can have some sort of a feel for when something is WIFOM - sometimes things are just a bit too fishy. If executed by two skilled mafia, though, then sometimes it can look very much like one townie trying to get a mafioso lynched. I do believe that, if played right, most people would be fooled by very well-played WIFOM, it wouldn't just be me.

Actually I haven't been protesting any kind of lynch, I've just been talking about my thoughts on the whole random question-asking bit this entire time.

I suppose I'll go ahead and ask the only question that seems of any relevance to me, and why not go ahead and just have everybody answer it at once? So to everybody: "What three players would you most prefer as scumbuddies and why?" Obviously Apostolic Nihilist needn't answer since he already has.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2010, 02:58:57 am »

I'm 21, by the way. It's just a personal choice.

You can choose your age? Mind = blown
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (playing Maofia, 58 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2010, 03:09:03 am »

Hohohoho def watching

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2010, 03:10:31 am »

I'm 21, by the way. It's just a personal choice.

You can choose your age? Mind = blown

Haha, yes, I'm rather talented like that.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2010, 03:30:38 am »

Isn't anyone else concerned that the vote count doesn't match the votes cast? Or even actually make sense (Alsark's 1,1 for example)

By my count the votes cast so far have been:
Leafsnail -> Zai
Nirur Torir -> Halmie
LASD -> Shades
GlyphGryph -> Shades
GlyphGryph -> Nirur Torir
GlyphGryph -> LASD
GlyphGryph -> Alsark
ToonyMan -> GlyphGlaff
Vector -> Apostolic Nihilist
Apostolic Nihilist -> ToonyMan
Zai -> Alsark
Halmie -> Vector

Based on that it doesn't look like a simple vote substitution (we only have one person with two votes, but the vote list had two for example). I think it's probably important for us to work out how voting is working or it will be kinda irrelevant even if the scum claim.

So I'm going to vote Pandarsenic and request a Rysith provide a new vote count.

I ask noone else votes or changes their vote until we get the count because then we can see what this single vote did. This of course assumes Rysith isn't randomly counting votes or basing it on post content...

Unless someone has a better idea?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2010, 03:33:54 am »

Alsark[1,1]

Wait, are those like... Cartesian coordinates?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2010, 03:52:00 am »

I think that means two real votes, the 2's are confusing. Both have to do with Vector though. (My vote on Vector and Vector's vote on AN.)

Did you get anything in the pm hinting at something like this vector?
Meh.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2010, 04:21:27 am »

I think that means two real votes, the 2's are confusing. Both have to do with Vector though. (My vote on Vector and Vector's vote on AN.)

Assuming for a second than your right with Alsarks 1,1 is because two people voted and there is something weird with vector. Then we are still left with Leafsnail's vote on Zai and LASD's vote on me being missing and the appearance of a vote on LASD.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2010, 04:23:44 am »

Didn't see that. I'm going to test my vote. unvote.

Alsark
Meh.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:30 am »

Hey, he took my quote for the thread title!

But we should also pay careful attention to how we vote - i.e. as part of a sentence or stand-alone, that sort of thing. It might affect it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2010, 05:12:43 am »

Alsark, my favourite hypothetical scum buddies:

1. Vector, he's just good.
2. Zai, I'm most familiar with him, not Mafia-wise though.
3. GlyphGryph, for the amazing play on Beginner's Mafia 6.

The votes baffle me. I wonder if there's some general rules with them or if every individual has their own weirdness. Like GlyphGryph's last two votes counting instead of one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2010, 05:15:45 am »

Let's find out. LASD, I'm choosing you because you already have a vote on you and I want to see what happens.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2010, 05:26:08 am »

Thing is now we have three votes changing things from the last vote count which might make it impossible to work out what is going on :(

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2010, 05:56:13 am »

All on different people, though.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2010, 06:12:59 am »

Alsark, my favourite hypothetical scum buddies:

1. Vector, he's just good.
2. Zai, I'm most familiar with him, not Mafia-wise though.
3. GlyphGryph, for the amazing play on Beginner's Mafia 6.

The votes baffle me. I wonder if there's some general rules with them or if every individual has their own weirdness. Like GlyphGryph's last two votes counting instead of one.

Thanks. Doesn't seem like many other people are going to answer this for me :/.

I guess I should test out my vote to see if there is anything weird regarding it. I'll try voting for somebody who doesn't have a vote on them just to see if anything funny happens. For now, that vote will be LASD.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38