Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56621 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Cue Spooky Music, 24 hours remain)
« Reply #465 on: February 09, 2010, 09:51:06 am »

Forget that last line. I'm getting my games confused. The rest still stands.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 09, 2010, 09:52:58 am »

.... Scratch the entire post. I'm not waking up to post right in a Mafia thread again, especially with two games going.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 09, 2010, 10:19:02 am »

Well, as long as this is the way it goes, might as well give you guys a chance to lynch the REAL mafia and get a last chance at winning myself...

I told the truth about my role name/function, but only in part (Zai is still lying) - but what I didn't say was that I'm third party. My "escape" win condition was also true, and my best chance for winning, but you guys had to go and screw it up - winning as town does me no good. I managed to change my type last night, but unfortunately, it looks like I've lost any opportunity to win that way since I won't be getting another chance. I could have saved all yo'asses!

So,
Rysith, activate the bomb.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 09, 2010, 10:37:33 am »

There you are, [PERFORMING ACTION] ([QUALIFICATION), in some cases) when suddenly [SURREAL EVENT WITH FEW DESCRIPTORS INVOLVING A FINE PEWTER TABLET].

[INJECTION, INJECTION! STATEMENT OF PROGRESS!]

[STRANGE PHILOSOPHICAL CRAPOLA PARAGRAPH]

GlyphGryph [4,3]
Zai [1,1]

No Lynch [1]

Rules 6, 2, 3 and 1 are active.

[COMMENT ABOUT HAMMER VOTES, AND HOW THEY DON'T HAPPEN HERE]

[HAHAHA I HOPE THAT MADE SENSE TO YOU BECAUSE IT DIDN'T]

[AREN'T I ENLIGHTENING, followed by CREEPINESS]

[REMINDER THAT ONLY 12 HOURS REMAIN]

[SURREALISM ENDS SOMEHOW]
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 09, 2010, 01:45:11 pm »

Well, as long as this is the way it goes, might as well give you guys a chance to lynch the REAL mafia and get a last chance at winning myself...

I told the truth about my role name/function, but only in part (Zai is still lying) - but what I didn't say was that I'm third party. My "escape" win condition was also true, and my best chance for winning, but you guys had to go and screw it up - winning as town does me no good. I managed to change my type last night, but unfortunately, it looks like I've lost any opportunity to win that way since I won't be getting another chance. I could have saved all yo'asses!

So,
Rysith, activate the bomb.

I don't... I don't even...

I don't buy this.  I don't buy your weird roleclaim, I don't buy your ridiculous powers, and I don't buy this bullshit about the bomb (though honestly, the bomb is the only thing you've invented that even came close to fitting in this game).

"Winning as town does you no good" because you're actually scum, right?

ZaiZai.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The Fifth Judgement Nears, 12 hours remain)
« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2010, 01:55:59 pm »

He's clearly a mutating mad-bomber megalomaniac jester.

It all makes perfect sense!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The Fifth Judgement Nears, 12 hours remain)
« Reply #471 on: February 09, 2010, 01:58:43 pm »

He's clearly a mutating mad-bomber megalomaniac jester.

It all makes perfect sense!

If by "makes sense" you mean "makes me want to hit my head on a wall," then yes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Thousand Gigaton Flash; Fade to Black)
« Reply #472 on: February 09, 2010, 11:46:16 pm »

Light dies as day is done,
Brilliance fading with the setting sun.
As though a solemn closing rose,
The morning jewel sets that once had rose.

Something falls to the ground, wriggling. It seems that the poet responsible for the last bit of verse has been sacked! You let him out of the bag and he scampers off, tugging at his thick white whiskers.

Then the sun sets.

Though it is dark you see something white and rising over what had been plaid hills, a roar in the ear, a faint scent of smoke.

It's Batman!

It's a plane!

It's a bird!

In the moon's cold halogen light, a silvery avian flies over the mountains. Its wings seem to be made of metal, though you can also see blinking red lights grafted onto the end of its feathers and the distinct bulge of jet engines tucked close to its massive body.

It has the heavy beak of a bird that cracks Brazil nuts, a steel-plated macaw with artillery mounted in its tailfeathers.

It is coming closer, and there is nothing you can do. You stand captivated in its long, lean shadow, and as it turns in for an approach you can see every detail of low-slung body, mirrored eyes, and the giant fish it holds in its talons.

As its mighty wings flap, feathers fly into the air. One impales the fleeing poet. He lies pinned to the floor, seeping blood and slant rhyme but seemingly unable to die.

The bird drops its burden and wheels away majestically. As the wriggling trout falls like a stone, the booming voice says

GlyphGryph, what have you done with your brothers? Now we are all sons of bitches.

"I am not my brothers' keeper," he says. His voice is calm and cold.

A vast flash, greater than any sun you have known or ever will see again, lights what remains of the quiet secret world you have come to consider home. No more houses. No more people. Nothing but GlyphGryph, and his crown of stars.

=============

GlyphGryph has won!

GlyphGryph is Provost Zakharov, megalomaniac and world leader. Since only he is alive, his win condition has been fulfilled.

Vector was Mao Zedong, innocent and world leader.
Neruz was Vanilla Townie, scum.
Zai was Mariusz Wodzicki, scum and mathematician/Secret world leader.
Nirur Torir was M. C. Escher, innocent and artist.
LASD was Pál Erdos, innocent and mathematician.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:53:25 pm by Rysith »
Try my orc mod!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The End is Near, 48 hours remain in Day 6)
« Reply #473 on: February 11, 2010, 12:09:12 am »

The blinding white flash of dawn blinds you all, light flooding through your dilated pupils to sear brilliance across your retinas, fading to red as your eyes snap shut against the invading tide.

Squinting, you force your eyes open to take in the new day. Houses that were once vibrant and full of life stand now in a sea of grass, islands of glass and metal poking hesitantly from beneath to admire the feathered sky. Ideas lie furiously dormant, their green bodies no more substantial than a Desarguesian Plane. It is in this place that four of you yet remain, where you were five when night fell. Zai has unfortunately shuffled off this mortal coil, and the smoking remains of his house seem to indicate that he was pushed.

Four people to decide the fate of one, four people to decide the fate of all, four people to decide what was once the decision of thirteen.

You have 48 hours remaining.
=============

Zai was Pierre-Simon LaPlace, Innocent and Mathematician.
Try my orc mod!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 11, 2010, 12:46:28 am »

I think i give up. I have no fucking clue what's going on anymore.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2010, 11:04:58 am »

The sweeping hand of time lies heavy on the horizon, its majestic shape obscured only by the pigeons perched upon it. It has moved a quarter of the way to the Time of Judgment, and shows no signs of altering its progress. Upon its fingertip is a tablet of stone, a tablet which proves words of wisdom, however brief.

No votes have been recorded

Only rules 4 and 5 are inactive

The rest is meaningless, a jumble of words and music, signifying nothing.
Try my orc mod!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The Stone Tablet, 36 hours remain in Day 6)
« Reply #476 on: February 11, 2010, 01:43:52 pm »

I ... see.

I think?

LASD: Why?

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The Stone Tablet, 36 hours remain in Day 6)
« Reply #477 on: February 11, 2010, 03:06:18 pm »

I have absolutely no idea. I'm just a simple brilliant Mathematician.

I wonder if we should try to lynch scum. As we're all likely dead, I don't know what bad they can do to us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 11, 2010, 03:52:19 pm »

Why shouldn't we try to lynch scum? We can still post, and I've seen nothing saying to stop scumhunting. Of course, I wouldn't trust Rysith if he did say to stop scumhunting.

I'm unsure of what to think of Glyph's "bomb." We don't seem to be dead, but the roleflips check out with what Zai said. On the other hand, the scum flips do not.

Still. Neruz, I think you need to roleclaim, as being the only Vanilla Townie is very suspicious, and your first post of the day looks like a panic about Glyph revealing your scumminess.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 11, 2010, 05:08:41 pm »

Nguh.  I... what?

Okay, seriously.  I've got a couple of theorems I absolutely have to go learn now, but the minute I have some spare time I'm going to get back here and try to figure out what's happening.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38