Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56667 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Rule 3 is, tragically, the one we've figured out. Votes, FoSes, and night actions go down the list once alphabetically. For Neruz and Toony, I don't know.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Rule 3 is, tragically, the one we've figured out. Votes, FoSes, and night actions go down the list once alphabetically. For Neruz and Toony, I don't know.

Restated so no rules are changed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the shenanegins with Shades\Apostolic's lynching has caused this game to hit that wall. We were just getting the hang of how this system works, and BAM, it all flips on it's head.

Yeah.  That's the thing, though: we have to have a modicum of trust in some things the mod said, because otherwise we are absolutely incapable of continuing.  Hence, I'm choosing to believe that the utter mess with Shades/Apost was indeed caused by inactivity.  I don't trust the roleflips, but Rysith has been fairly consistent with his disapproval of our silence.

Meh.  I figure we should go with what seems to work and get scumhunting, because otherwise it's probably just going to get worse  :(
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

It's clear something happened due to our inactivity, although to be fair, the inactivity was because we thought a scumpkin was bout to be lynched, so there was no reason to post.

But the latest stunt Rysith has pulled has turned everything on it's head, we had a Scumpkin lynched, now suddenly Apostolic is dead for what is apparantly no reason, and our scum is no longer scum. This is apparantly completely random, inexplicable and out of the blue, it blindsided everyone and has left everyone reeling in confusion. Unsurprisingly, no-one really feels like playing anymore when massive game-changing things like 'this guy dies and this guy is no longer scum' come seemingly from nowhere, with no warning.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

That's my word! *shakes stick*
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's my word! *shakes stick*

... Which word?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Yes. When a player is lynched, why does someone else get lynched instead? Probably rule 2 or 6.
Is the list of people, alive, dead, and roleflipped, in the first post exactly correct? If not, what are the discrepancies?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Rule changing reasons.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tilesets

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Zai
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A thundering voice splits the sky, lightning providing the punctuation and thunder the paragraph breaks.

It seems that there is some... Confusion. We'll do our best to clear the confusion enough that you may fulfill your destinies.

First, a vote and rule count

GryphGlyph [1]
Niruir Torir [1]
Vector [1,1]

Rules four and five are inactive. All other rules are active, and have remained active constantly.

Regrettably, we must announce one rules violation against Redwarrior0, who has broken Rule 6. If he violates it again today, his vote will not count.

Now then, there were many questions

Is rule 2 still disabled?

Rule 2 is still active, and has remained active consistently. None of the rules may change by our hand, and none through caprice. Remember, it is a very simple game, with some small additions.

Is the list of people, alive, dead, and roleflipped, in the first post exactly correct? If not, what are the discrepancies?

The first post remains exactly correct

Now then, hopefully that has brought the level of confusion down to where you can wade through it to victory, rather than foundering in defeat. March onward with courage!
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whatever, whoever, Shades actually was, apparently his power was screwing with death announcements/roleflips, etc. If the first post is 100% correct, then the three posts where he died must be the result of something else - and they all seem to be related to him.

So perhaps now that he's dead we'll actually get accurate stuff?

Fake Edit: Actually, it was Zai that fake death flipped first time around. Got the two confused. In which case, we probably should trust any more death announcements and just keep an eye on the front page, which the mod has told us is accurate directly as an answer to a question.

Its still conceivable shades had something to do with it, of course, but it doesn't seem likely.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A fine pewter tablet falls from the skies, puffing the snow around where it lands as you rush to see what words is has to say:

We hope we did not scare all of you away?
In any case, neither votes nor rules have changed since last we spoke.

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Stillness again, 24 hours remain in Day 4)
« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2010, 12:19:57 pm »

I don't think anybody is saying anything, because they can't understand it.  :-/

More people should be voting.  I'm not effected by the rules so I'm not sure how I can help you vote, something to do with ups or downs on the player list.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38