Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56649 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Jeez, did everyone try to do something to Apostolic and got a message that nothing could be done to him because he was dead?

Typical.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

When did he die?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

I don't know, but last night when i tried to action him, Rysith said i couldn't action him because he was dead. So i actioned you instead Toony.

Since i don't actually see an Apostolic is Dead message, i'm guessing that it was some sort of temporary death power to render him immune to night actions or something similar.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

WAITAMINUTE, it says on the title page:

Apostolic Nihilist Lynched Day 3, Paul Dirac.

And apparantly Shades was

Shades Killed Night 3, Rene Magritte

Further still, apparantly Shades is town now.

Whatthefuckisgoingon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's weird.

Shade's was lynched Day 3, not Apostolic.  And Shade's was scum.  I'm going by this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

::)

Have you guys forgotten that your votes go on the person one lower?  The exception to this rule is, of course, Neruz and ToonyMan (Haven't quite figured out how voting the people above them works yet).

Also,

Don't forget, now that two scum are dead there is only one left.

ToonyMan (ToonyMan), this is a severe slip.  You may dance around pretending not to know what's going on, but you seem to know one hell of a lot more about roleflips and number of scum than the rest of us do.

Whatthefuckisgoingon.

No bloody clue.  This is why I'm trying to ignore the mod/roleflips/whatever and get back to scumhunting.  :-\
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Rule 2\6 is behind this i think.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

There's three scum total Vector, stop freaking out.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, ToonyMan, why do you trust this NK text any more then the last one? I think the first post has been shown to be more trustworthy then the NK texts.

Incidentally, I think rule two disabled whatever voting option we used on Shades. I'm guessing he died due to the strange action/voting rules.

Is rule 2 still disabled?

Redwarrior, please share your knowledge of rule 3. If we knew the rules, we could focus more on scum-hunting, and less on how to vote the scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

The Night-Kill text tells you who you targeted after the randomness.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's three scum total Vector, stop freaking out.

See, this is what's confusing me.  How on earth do you know this?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Rysith either said so early or because of simple math.
13 X .25 = 3.25 or 3 scum.
Yes, this may be a semi-bastard mod, but I need to give a solid number.
I guess you can say it's not 100%, but whatever.  I like stating definites all the time.

I want to know why you're so freaked out about it, do you know something I don't Vector?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

4 is possible, but 3 is more likely.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to know why you're so freaked out about it, do you know something I don't Vector?

Apparently I do: the mod is a goddamned liar and I can't trust anything he says.  We have people dying and reviving left and right, or perhaps never being dead, funky roleflips, votes that never go where they're supposed to, and lynches that go to the wrong person because (as far as I can tell) the mod felt like it.

It's like I'm in my own personal Mafia hell  >:(

Do you enjoy our torment, Rysith?

So, when you come waltzing in here and "know" that X roleflip was right and Y roleflip was wrong--even though the mod is contradicting himself from one post to the next--it makes me rather suspicious of you.

Additionally, I'm trying to get people talking and scumhunting again, since this town is so freaking dead.

4 is possible, but 3 is more likely.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of 2 scum, with an unknown number dead (because scum often have an informational advantage in bastard mods, so there's fewer of them).  What confuses me most about Toony's statement is his purported knowledge of alignment.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

I think Rysith's overdone the bastard rules, i've noticed this in my own bastard games. There's a limit of bastardry beyond which the game rapidly dies. MSPA Mafia hit that limit on the 5th day, NBM hit it the instant i added ExKirby's Replacement Hydra.

I think the shenanegins with Shades\Apostolic's lynching has caused this game to hit that wall. We were just getting the hang of how this system works, and BAM, it all flips on it's head.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38