Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56704 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (playing Maofia, 48 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2010, 10:09:48 pm »

Extension please.

I'd really like to keep my vote on myself for now, but I'll unvote anyway.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2010, 11:42:16 pm »

The votes fly, a plan takes form (with resistance, in some places) when, with a loud thump a rose gold tablet falls from the sky. Although it's been dented by it's impact, the words on it are still clear:

Onwards, Onwards! The first rule in any situation is, of course to find out how it works!

We knew we could count on each of you to try to divine or decribed the character of this place, and we have not been disappointed! Well played, good players, and may your efforts meet with success!

Unfortunately, your success may be limited for the time being. Perhaps the oft-requested vote count will explain our worries:

Alsark[0,1]
Apostolic Nihilist[1,1]
Halmie[1]
LASD[1]
Leafsnail[0,2]
Nirur Torir[0,1]
Redwarrior0[1]
Toonyman[1,2]
Zai[1]

Not as simple as it was, unfortunately. Maybe answering your questions will help you to make sense of it:

I am assuming the corrections are correct up to the post and not including the two votes afterwards just to be mean?
Not just to be mean, of course not. The tablets know only their past, not their future.

Can we get a count on the status of the rules?
There are still six of them. All six are currently active.

A votecount wouldn't hurt
We should hope not. We've got better aim and sense than to accidentally injure one of you.

Well then, until next we meet.

Like the lead tablet, the rose gold one simply sits there, looking vaguely dented and reddish.

-------------------------------------

And, on a sadder (and less in-game) note, I'll be out of town for the next several days as my grandfather just died. While I'll try to update the thread if possible, I can't guarantee anything. The thread will remain open, and the time frozen at 35 hours to the end of day one, until I return (Sunday morning at the earliest). After that, I'll re-consider extension requests.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Time frozen, 35 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2010, 11:51:54 pm »

I'm fine with putting this on hold until you're return, Rysith. I think I can speak for all of us in saying I'm sorry for your loss.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2010, 12:05:22 am »

My condolences on your loss.

Also, I think the second number might be how many people have voted for the target, but I'm tired and won't feel like verifying it until after I've slept.

Hypothesis: One rule might involve hammers. Or possibly two lynches?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2010, 04:50:19 am »

unvote

Just to make sure everyone notices that the rules 4 and 5 which where initially not active are clearly now active following Rysith's last post.

I don't think the rules are going to be as important as working out the voting or scum hunting but it's worth noting they have changed. Possibly those two roles are vote based, or some people have day actions.

Also Extension
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2010, 04:51:57 am »

Sorry for your loss. Don't worry about updating the thread I'm sure everyone understands.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2010, 10:41:10 am »

Sorry to hear about it, Rysith.  Of course real life is more important than this game, you can take a break.
unvote

Just to make sure everyone notices that the rules 4 and 5 which where initially not active are clearly now active following Rysith's last post.

I don't think the rules are going to be as important as working out the voting or scum hunting but it's worth noting they have changed. Possibly those two roles are vote based, or some people have day actions.

Also Extension
There's an extension anyway - we don't beed another now.  However, Shades - if finding scum is more important than finding the scum, why are you making no attempt to do so?  Why have you even unvoted to not put any pressure on anyone?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2010, 10:49:19 am »

There's an extension anyway - we don't beed another now.  However, Shades - if finding scum is more important than finding the scum, why are you making no attempt to do so?  Why have you even unvoted to not put any pressure on anyone?

There is unlikely to be much in the way of vote counts to test which was the purpose of the extension, so we do need another one.

I unvoted to test Pandarsenic theory about votes which I have already stated I think is more important than finding the scum. I have no idea what your asking with regards to the bolded text.

I will also add that voting for someone doesn't put any relevant pressure on them when your vote almost certainly doesn't count towards a lynch of them.

Finally, if you can't see my attempts to find scum with the way I have been posting you need to re-read my posts.

Why are you constantly trying to prevent the town from having a method of lynching scum?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2010, 10:55:29 am »

Yeah, that was a typo, but if you can't edit... what you gonna do?
I will also add that voting for someone doesn't put any relevant pressure on them when your vote almost certainly doesn't count towards a lynch of them.
I'm not so sure if that's the case.  Broadly speaking votes seem to count, and while this game is bastard modded, I don't think it will break the fundamental principles of mafia by having unlynchable scum.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2010, 11:15:12 am »

Yeah, that was a typo, but if you can't edit... what you gonna do?
I'm not so sure if that's the case.  Broadly speaking votes seem to count, and while this game is bastard modded, I don't think it will break the fundamental principles of mafia by having unlynchable scum.

No-one said they were unlynchable but go and look at the votes and the final vote counts, there is enough discrepancy that I would have no confidence in being able to lynch the person I thought was scum as it currently stands.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2010, 11:20:58 am »

And yet we won't find out how it works if we don't at least try lynching scum.  I don't see why you're trying to shield the scumgroup so much.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2010, 11:30:59 am »

And yet we won't find out how it works if we don't at least try lynching scum.  I don't see why you're trying to shield the scumgroup so much.

We won't find out by all voting at once between vote counts either, and from what I can tell you've been actively protecting the scum by arguing against trying to work out what is going on.

Nothing I've done can even be remotely constituted as shielding the scum group, I have answered your questions on why I am more concerned at the current time of trying to find out how the vote system is working, and listed the reason why day one is often a failure for scum hunting anyway, especially as we have no way to place pressure on scum and so no way to make them talk and make mistakes.

You on the other hand have gone out of your way to claim that all that is important is we vote and so let the scum win. Or didn't you notice that despite your vote on me I still have nothing in the vote count? In which case why aren't you even reading the thread?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2010, 12:34:15 pm »

I saw Pandarsenic wanted an unvote so.

Unvote.  Still reading...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2010, 12:36:13 pm »

Oh sorry Rysith, that's sad.

Shades is probably scum.

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2010, 07:47:46 pm »

I actually agree with Shades here. Theoretically, even if we KNEW the scum, it wouldn't do us much good if we didn't actually know how to vote for them. I'd say we need to do a fine balance between scumhunting and discovering how this system works. We cannot completely ignore scumhunting, but at the same time, we cannot just vote as though this were some normal game - because it clearly isn't.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38