Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So the New version is coming out, and all the mods are...  (Read 4439 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: So the New version is coming out, and all the mods are...
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2009, 10:13:23 am »

BD: You can't accept as reagents or produce as products anything that is stored within containers.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 10:44:30 am »

You can have globs though.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 01:10:00 pm »

Zero-gravity milk.   :D
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 01:32:48 pm »

BD: You can't accept as reagents or produce as products anything that is stored within containers.

I don't know if you're talking about the current version or the next version, but you can place products in containers in the next version: "I've been working on plaster orthopedic casts and some more reaction options have come out of that, like the use of the kiln and dumping products in container "reagents" (like an empty bag)."  It's not entirely clear yet whether you'll be able to use reagents in containers.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2009, 02:04:14 pm »

Porting over my custom weapons shouldn't be hard, and one of them -a crossbow with a spike bayonet- will hopefully be unnecessary if the next version can handle primary and secondary weapons. I'm also looking forward to seeing what I can do with the custom workshops and new reaction system in order to mod in somewhat realistic firearms and possibly a 'sawmill' to make wood go a bit further.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2009, 02:16:21 pm »

if the next version can handle primary and secondary weapons

It probably can't:

Q: Is there something planned on making it possible for each soldier to carry more then a single weapon (with limitations of course), as in, giving a dwarf a crossbow for long range combat and switch to a short sword in close combat?

It's certainly reasonable, though I don't have anything like that planned for this release.  I'll have to think of how difficult it might be.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2009, 09:11:17 pm »

While I don't profess to be that handy of a modder, I wrote down several pages worth of new civilizations, along with 10 or 11 pages of flavor to accompany it. I've got some ideas as far as materials and workshops, and I'm already working on the blueprints for my grand fortress.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Hakar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 12:07:00 am »

I'm looking forward to continuing on my gnoll mod, since they'll now be something more than angrier dwarfs.
A dwarf's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Fortress which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. Gold has not been proven not to exist, therefore it must exist.
Philosopher Prokhor Zakharov,
"For I Have Tasted The Plump Helmet"

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 12:10:59 am »

I for one intend to continue what I've always done- attempt to mod in what seems entertaining at the time and panic when a seemingly harmless error blossoms into a full-on monstrosity.
And mix in other's mods that look good. Hopefully without forgetting where I got them from this time. :-X
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 2 [3]