Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So the New version is coming out, and all the mods are...  (Read 4441 times)

Obsidean_00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So the New version is coming out, and all the mods are...
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 12:40:59 pm »

So has Toady posted a list of the new tokens or will we just have to wait and find out?

As for me I'm not too worried about the new version, doubt many people use my mod to worry about it, besides myself of course.

I noticed Chariot has mentioned a sample raw but I can't seem to find it in the forums, I guess I fail at search.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 12:55:14 pm »

The sample raws are at least a year old, Toady did show us a sample of the raws for the new titans/forgotten ones. So, really we are going to have to wait.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 03:21:03 pm »

So has Toady posted a list of the new tokens or will we just have to wait and find out?

Overview from last December
Spoiler raws for the new forgotten beasts
Recent dwarf raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that's all we've got.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 04:38:32 pm »

The new version has caused me to pretty much put on hold working on my Niir: Dragonrise mod, but I'm still doing a couple little things mostly so I'll remember once I can start doing all those creature entries over... but I don't mind.  The new castes and position customizability will hopefully make some of the civs I was adding much more like I intended them to be.  Although from what I understand the Deadkind will still be stuck having "children" when that would actually be physically impossible - but ah well!
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 05:42:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that's all we've got.

Argh. I spent all day looking for this, for another thread!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 05:58:12 pm »

I will be upgrading my mods, but not entirely from scratch.  Some copy-paste, editing the older versions, etc.  I will also wait until I get a grip on the new version.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 07:01:28 pm »

I know RantingRodent has already prepared (and included in the download IIRC) dwarf graphics for the new healthcare profession(s?)

I've got the Quartermaster in there as well. I'll have some kind of ominous silhouette prepared for the new HFS. Toady just mentioned 40 new creatures, hopefully he answered my request for a list. In my dream world, my graphics pack should be ready for the new version the day the new version launches.

And then I will consider my first functional mod. Gasp.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 07:04:10 pm »

I'm sure I'll start working on Civilization Forge 2.0 shortly after the new version comes out. I've already got a lot planned out for it, although as I get used to the new version I'm sure I'll have more things to add in or change.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LordZorintrhox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 09:59:53 am »

Dwarfletter will definitely be redone for the new stuff.  It needs work as it is, but I figure it is better to get that done for the new stuff.
...but their muscles would also end up looking like someone wrapped pink steel bridge-cables around a fire hydrant and then shrink-wrapped it in a bearskin.

HEY, you should try my Dwarfletter tileset...it's pretty.
I make games, too

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 10:06:48 am »

To make Avernum conversion mod I had to learn modding :P

So I will simply grab my mod, learn the new tags and just make it playable for new version, voila*.

*But I'm sure I will barf when it will come to creatures x.x
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 12:22:18 pm »

Will finally sort out and release my Industrial Plants mod (still can't decide on a name)

As we head into a new version being able to forget about lack of sand on a sandless map and moods will be nice =P

I am probably going to try work out how to cut corners with the creatures side of the business though reactions might finally spit out creatures making my life a whole lot easier. Though custom workshops and the like will definetly mean I can amp up the realism and difficulty with the ease this mod can enable. Just have to see how it all works out ^^

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 03:07:05 pm »

though reactions might finally spit out creatures
I don't remember where I saw it, but I think Toady stated that this won't be possible yet for a while.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 03:10:13 pm »

It won't be possible yet, only vermin. One of the reasons a custom butcher shop is impossible yet.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 05:30:50 am »

A mad dwarf can dream... a mad dwarf can also jump off a 15z cliff

Hopefully I'll bew able to master the creation of vermin that drop ice when they die then XP

Though I thought I recall a folly or two in reactions being fixed other than the workshop they appear in, any chance of this being what it can take in and spit out? I recall many times I crashed the game trying to be creative with multiple reactions, then there were times it wouldnt accept milled products

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 09:24:59 am »

I'll be waiting until the release of the new version before I start YAWDFM (Yet Another Warhammer Dwarf Fortress Mod). So i won't worry myself just yet. :P
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: 1 [2] 3