Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Manage trade requests through the year  (Read 1143 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Manage trade requests through the year
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 02:26:21 pm »

I would be happy if only I could see what they requested last throughout the year, instead of only when they return and it is entirely to late to actually make the requested goods.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 05:45:04 pm »

I would be happy if only I could see what they requested last throughout the year, instead of only when they return and it is entirely to late to actually make the requested goods.

You can. Use the {c}iv menu.

Logic schmogic, it's a game, and the liaison is an attempt at a "realistic" implementation of a game mechanic that would otherwise be done with menus alone.  Unfortunately the implementation is annoying.  I'd personally be satisfied with keeping the the little liaison twit if he didn't interrupt multiple times and take nearly a whole season to run through his spiel.  It's a demand projection, not a trade summit.  Run through the whole thing on ONE screen, realism be damned.
Well, I can understand wanting to tone it down; that's why I'd want it to be a separate screen where you set your prefs when you want, and they stay that way unless you change them. The details of how much the liaison will get in your face can vary. With this system in place, you could arguably have it so they don't pop up anything at all, just drop a few messages into the queue - but this might be something users would want as an option so they don't miss it entirely.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 06:48:32 pm »

Just want to say that I support this idea in it's entirety.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 09:22:13 pm »

Yes, sorry I had it backwards. I would like to see the agreement when the caravan arrives so that I know what is most profitable to bring to the depot.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 03:04:21 am »

Showing agreement-adjusted prices in the bring-to-depot menu may be a possible solution for that; but it's not really what the thread focuses on and I'm sure there have been plenty of threads about the actual trading interface itself. If not, then, well, shoving it here makes as much sense as any I suppose. :)
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.
Pages: 1 [2]