Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: ASCII RTD Turn ?: I'm not bothering with turns anymore  (Read 8182 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
ASCII RTD Turn ?: I'm not bothering with turns anymore
« on: December 15, 2009, 01:29:21 pm »

Hello, this is me again, Omega and I have a new(possibly) rtd for you all. It works like a normal rtd, but with ASCII as pictures to show everything, kind of like a roguelike. I don't think I can handle that many people so there will only be four spots available for now, if someone wants to join later I may be able to incorprate them. Bear in mind that some things may be impossible or only work on a 5!

To start:
You wake up on the floor of a cave like room, litten only by a small torch on the wall. You notice that there are several other around you, and as you stand up you hear a voice boom! "Welcome to the Fort of Desolation, you are here to serve as entertainment for your new master, Jajakabultz. Staying here would be bad, as he gets rather bored easily."

To enter:
Please post what you want to do (one thing only) folowed by your character type (bard, barabrian, archer) and your colour.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:54:36 pm by Omegastick »
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: ASCII RTD
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 01:50:22 pm »

Hmm... sounds interesting. Any particular roguelike you're basing it off of?

As for me, well...

Attune myself to the surrounding area. After all, I am an Elementalist, specializing in Lightning.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:31:43 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 02:01:15 pm »

Create a terrifying Box with a clow that jumps out of it.Because im a Dark jester, and my color is red

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 02:11:26 pm »

I become invisible, for I am The Spy. Color: Blue
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 02:13:05 pm »

I want to be a mage, color pink.

I search for anything useful.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 02:37:36 pm »

I want to be a bard! Color: Purple
Aquire a bayan
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 03:40:35 pm »

Well I'm late but If I can get on the waiting list I'd like to be a Evil Paladin, color GREEN!
if you feel like a fifth, my action could be pray to the Unholy One.
Nom nom nom

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 04:24:25 pm »

May I join in waiting list too?  It's been so very long since any of the RTD that I am in has updated.

I shall be a Sniper-Archer, color red.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 11:47:47 am »

RNG(3): You try to attune yourself to the surrounding area, but there is some mystical force in these places that means you only get a small increase in elemental power (+1 to all elemental rolls until the effect is dispelled).

Jet(4): You create a box with a clown in it, what use this will be to you I don't know.

Dragnar(3): You manage to camouflage yourself to the rocky room (+1 to all sneaky rolls until effect is dispelled).

Relm(3): In your frantic search of the room you spot something on the floor in the north-east corner of the room.

Sorry that I could only fit four people in, however if I need NPCs I will get players for that. For those of you that are inquisitive this is based off of a mix between legard and DF.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:50:07 am by Omegastick »
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ASCII RTD Turn 1: Where the hell are we?
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 11:54:25 am »

Learn the magic trick called the stealth blanket, ibasicly summon a blanket cover me up with it and becoem invisible

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 12:05:33 pm »

examine the blue "?" in the corner
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Relm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 12:44:28 pm »

I summon a loyal pet wolf.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 12:03:15 pm »

Kick the wall.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: ASCII RTD Turn 2: A Spooky Passage
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 01:05:49 pm »

Jet(4): There is a puff of purple smoke, and in your hand you hold purple rag, the rag is just large enough to cover your head and you learn the trick stealth blanket, it takes one to perform and your are invisible until you move a space.

Dragnar(1): You see the unusual object on the north-east floor and run over to it, in doing so you trip on a rock, sending you flying through the air and landing you on the ground in a huge pile, possibly breaking a bone. You are prone and get a -2 to all moving for a turn, and then a -1 until healed.

Relm(2): As you utter the incantations to summon your loyal wolf, Ystrar, you see Dragnar fall over and stop doing magic to laugh.

RNG(6): As you prepare to boot the wall part of Relm's magic spell finds it's way into you. You unleash a tremendous kick to the wall, smashing it open and injuring your foot in the process. You get a -1 to all moving actions until your next turn.

Well, it has been an eventful turn, and the following will be more eventfull (hopefully).
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 01:23:47 pm »

Learn to walk stealthed, if it doesnt work try multipipe times
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6