Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grimdark Dwarves v1.31  (Read 1988 times)

DKGafgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Grimdark Dwarves v1.31
« on: December 15, 2009, 12:54:24 pm »

Grimdark Dwarves
version 1.31

Grimdark Dwarves is a combination of blakmane's highly successful Dark Dwarves and my own Dark, adding the best elements of both mods together to bring you a raging bloody nightmare to toy with. Guide your evil Dark Dwarves as they settle in dangerous, inhospitable climes infested with Murlocs, Cliff Racers, Shoggoths and more, forging new weapons and armor out of the souls and blood of your slain enemies and puzzling out why crossbows aren't godmode insta-kill weapons anymore.

Download it here. List of features from Dark Dwarves can be found in the Dark Dwarves topic here.

Feature List:
4 New Civilizations
Dark Dwarves
Fel Dwarves
Deep Elves
Orcs

Multiple New Creatures
Fel Wargs
Hellhounds
Large Cave Spiders
Cliff Racers
Deep Crows
Murlocs
Demon Elephants
Shoggoths
and more

New Weapons & Armor
War Scythes
Barbed Axes
Hand Cannons
Scale Mail
Tower Shields
and more

New Growable & Brewable Plants
Razor Berries
Ice Berries
Firewine
Bloodwine
and more

New, Magical Metals
Blood Bronze
Darksteel
Fel Iron
and more

Makeshift Magic System
Use chunks from your enemies' corpses to produce Bloodstones and Soulstones, which can be used at the smelter to produce rare and powerful metals and weapons

Icecrafting
Fashion ice into picks and simple weapons, or use Soulstones to forge powerful Stygian Ice

Nerfed Ranged Combat
Bows and crossbows do less damage, making melee combat more useful

More On the Horizon
With the upcoming release of Army Arc, many more additions to Grimdark Dwarves are planned. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:29:55 am by DKGafgar »

Taroc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Grimdark Dwarves v1.31
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 12:14:13 am »

I have been trying to make fortresses out of ice on glaciers for a while now. But I always run into issues with wood or the lack thereof. I was wondering if there is an alternate way to make beds and other stuff made of only wood?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 02:45:50 am »

There's a lot of ways, but all of them require modding.

Also, murlocs, Cliff Racers AND Shoggoths?! What a cool mess :D. I am gonna try it after I sleep.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

DKGafgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:53:44 am »

I have been trying to make fortresses out of ice on glaciers for a while now. But I always run into issues with wood or the lack thereof. I was wondering if there is an alternate way to make beds and other stuff made of only wood?

Since the next version of DF will supposedly have options to create non-wood beds, I've been putting off making special reactions for producing beds. However, since it's been over a year since DF last updated, I may add a reaction for forging beds out of metal and chunks (for the bedding itself) or skin/leather sooner or later.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:54:04 pm »

How compatible is this with the mayday tileset?

DKGafgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:23:30 am »

Not very. Though with a little editing on the part of someone that actually knows how to work with tilesets that shouldn't be too hard to fix.