Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moving stuff to the trade depot  (Read 685 times)

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
Moving stuff to the trade depot
« on: December 15, 2009, 05:00:30 am »

Is there a quick way of moving masses of stuff to the trade depot?
I get so fed up of individually selecting finished goods bins, I can't help but think there must be something I'm missing interface-wise.
I'm sure this is going to be another one of those face/palm moments...

On the bright side, the berserk elf diplomat I'd caught in a cage broke out in transit to the trade depot while I was trying to sell him back to his people and killed a potash maker. In his honour, I named the Duchess' first-born after him, who was born at the moment I locked him in the Hammerer's quarters :)
Incidentally, she was the fifth Duchess. In a ten year period.

petersohn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moving stuff to the trade depot
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 05:05:42 am »

I don't think so, unless you use some interface expansions. Just move the finished goods bins individually. The following idea may help: put all finished goods stockpiles on one large space, and the trade depot in the middle. So the items on that stockpiles will be on the top of the list when you select the goods, and the dwarves will also gather them faster.

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 05:16:45 am »

It's not so much the movement of goods by dwarves (my fortress is well streamlined for that), it's rather selecting goods to trade in the trade depot interface, and removing them from the depot after finishing trading.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 05:41:52 am »

Wellll....
if you have just one catergory you want moved ( e.g.g finsihed goods)
Then hold down enter and the down arrow...
If you do it right it will automatically scroll down the page and give the pending to every item as far down as you want it do.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 05:57:21 am »

Thanks silhouette, I'll give that a shot. Any-thing's preferable to down, enter, down, enter, ad infinitum.

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 08:10:47 am »

Wellll....
if you have just one catergory you want moved ( e.g.g finsihed goods)
Then hold down enter and the down arrow...
If you do it right it will automatically scroll down the page and give the pending to every item as far down as you want it do.
Hehe, that's what I've been doing! I thought I was the only one who knew about that, discovered it by accident. Hmm.

@OP: There's a macro for this I believe, but I don't know where...

Kav

• Bay Watcher
  • b-C-w
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 08:48:53 am »

If you have to do more than 3-5 pages your stonecrafter needs to be fired and hammered. Or your goblin invaders are of the poor homeless and naked variety.

bluea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:45:20 am »

Put separate stockpiles specifically for whatever you're exporting next to the Depot, put doors between it and the bulk of the fortress. When you lock those doors, only stuff you want to export is 'close' to the Depot.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:42 pm »

If you have to do more than 3-5 pages your stonecrafter needs to be fired and hammered. Or your goblin invaders are of the poor homeless and naked variety.
Well acording to your logic then mine must be chucked down the hfs pit.
As i regulary have over 150 pages of nothing but stone crafts...

@ Amalgam.
Yeah, i discovered by accident aswell and have been doing it basically ever since, except at times when i have a small selection and want to save barrels.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!