Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DF + Cheat Engine = Holy Wagons Batman!  (Read 7277 times)

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF + Cheat Engine = Holy Wagons Batman!
« on: December 15, 2009, 12:26:35 am »

I'm starting an epic castle building megaproject.  Since I'm lazy, I decided to use Cheat Engine to embark with over 100,000 stone along with a few thousand piles of other stuff.  I expected to get a bunch of wagons.  I did not expect THIS many...

I started with an extra 76 horses and 76 llamas, so I assume that's 38 wagons there.  My FPS went to CRAP after this picture. 

Mwhahahahaha.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF + Cheat Engine = Holy Wagons Batman!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:44:04 am »

Aha, Why have I not thought of this yet myself?  ;D
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:52:30 am »

Wait.  Why are you starting with so much stone.  It's way too easy to produce  ::)

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 12:58:27 am »

Wait.  Why are you starting with so much stone.  It's way too easy to produce  ::)

I really don't feel like waiting for the stone to be dug out, then pulled above the surface for my use.  Also, I am attempting to be more 'human', so no deep underground digging, no farms underground, etc.  I want a giant city/castle!  =)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 01:34:43 am »

A reaction for producing specifics stones would of been 1000000x easier than embarking with that.

Below is a reaction for obsidian, it's really easy to change these to whatever it is you need.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reactions are a million times easier than cheating to embark with the stuff, however the bonus animals could be nice.

Need help with any, feel free to ask...

Also as a side note, reaction items such as doors, coffers, chests, bins, barrels, etc. will be base quality only and ever.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 08:29:57 am »

I never knew overloading your wagon could lead to recieving more than one.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:02:38 am »

I started with an extra 76 horses and 76 llamas, so I assume that's 38 wagons there.  My FPS went to CRAP after this picture. 

Mwhahahahaha.

76 wagons.  1 horse + 1 llama = 2 draft animals per wagon, multiplied by 76.  Not only that, but a quick count of the wagons in your picture comes up with over 60.   ;)
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 11:07:54 am »

76 wagons.  1 horse + 1 llama = 2 draft animals per wagon, multiplied by 76.  Not only that, but a quick count of the wagons in your picture comes up with over 60.   ;)

Holy carp, you're right.  Teach me to try and do simple math late at night!

As for reactions...I didn't even think of that.  Oh well! 

With a hearty 8FPS, I've been slaughtering all the horses and llamas.  And to think I thought I wouldn't have enough bones on this map!  HA.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 12:18:40 pm »

A reaction for producing specifics stones would of been 1000000x easier than embarking with that.

Below is a reaction for obsidian, it's really easy to change these to whatever it is you need.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reactions are a million times easier than cheating to embark with the stuff, however the bonus animals could be nice.

Need help with any, feel free to ask...

Also as a side note, reaction items such as doors, coffers, chests, bins, barrels, etc. will be base quality only and ever.

While I strongly agree that writing reactions is many times easier, it has the nasty side-effect of forcing you to regen the world and making DF incompatible with all other saves.  THAT is the particular reason to use an editor like Cheat Engine or something else (many come to mind).

And while all those furniture items have no quality, I would have to wonder why you're writing a reaction for them (unless you're like me and setting it up so you can make glass beds/barrels/bins/other restricted things).  Why not just build a reaction for the base materials?  Sure, my god stone reaction won't work for some odd reason, my glass log reaction is working just fine.  The only reason I still have bed/barrel/bin reactions is because they pre-date my creation of the glass log(ie, a 'tree' with wood that I can smelt out of raw green glass).

@MatrexsVigil: does DF bug at all by doing this?  You had to have spent a few million embark points to get seventy-six wagons.  And yes, reactions are your friend.  I have one that creates one of every smeltable ore in the game (actually three reactions, common ores, rare ores, and adamantine). :D

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 12:22:42 pm »

@MatrexsVigil: does DF bug at all by doing this?  You had to have spent a few million embark points to get seventy-six wagons.  And yes, reactions are your friend.  I have one that creates one of every smeltable ore in the game (actually three reactions, common ores, rare ores, and adamantine). :D

No, DF does not bug out.  Once you locate the 'points' address, you can freeze it at a certain number (I make it 30,000 since that's almost near the max amount of points without making it go into the negative) so no matter what you buy, it's always stuck at that number.  The only thing CE does not seem capable of doing is allowing me to start with more dwarves, which is a shame. 

After letting the game run for almost 3 hours now at 6-8FPS, I'm finally done butchering all the horses and am now making my way though the 76 llamas.  I hope to Armok that this improves my FPS, or I'm gonna be pissed.  xD

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 12:33:13 pm »

No, DF does not bug out.  Once you locate the 'points' address, you can freeze it at a certain number (I make it 30,000 since that's almost near the max amount of points without making it go into the negative) so no matter what you buy, it's always stuck at that number.  The only thing CE does not seem capable of doing is allowing me to start with more dwarves, which is a shame. 

After letting the game run for almost 3 hours now at 6-8FPS, I'm finally done butchering all the horses and am now making my way though the 76 llamas.  I hope to Armok that this improves my FPS, or I'm gonna be pissed.  xD

Yes, I'm familiar with how Cheat Engine works.  Also, not surprised that the embark points is a short...what's surprising is that it's a signed short (ie, integer ranges from -32768..32767).  And yes, CE is actually capable of modifying the number of starting dwarves.  It's just that that's a really hard memory address to find.  Easier way, there's a utility (I think it's Dtil) that can do just that.

Your fps should rise fairly dramatically after butchering all those animals...after all having 152 fewer things pathing has got to mean something.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 12:44:34 pm »

Yes, I'm familiar with how Cheat Engine works.  Also, not surprised that the embark points is a short...what's surprising is that it's a signed short (ie, integer ranges from -32768..32767).  And yes, CE is actually capable of modifying the number of starting dwarves.  It's just that that's a really hard memory address to find.  Easier way, there's a utility (I think it's Dtil) that can do just that.

Your fps should rise fairly dramatically after butchering all those animals...after all having 152 fewer things pathing has got to mean something.
More importantly are those 100,000 stone.
Those really burn his FPS, butchering 152 animals won't net him more than 4 FPS I predict =/
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 12:46:34 pm »

I didn't think Dtil worked for the latest release of DF.  =/

More importantly are those 100,000 stone.
Those really burn his FPS, butchering 152 animals won't net him more than 4 FPS I predict =/

*her

But yeah, I had a feeling all that stone was gonna screw my FPS.  Well, hopefully, I can make it castle-shaped very soon!

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 02:26:17 pm »

I didn't think Dtil worked for the latest release of DF.  =/

*her

But yeah, I had a feeling all that stone was gonna screw my FPS.  Well, hopefully, I can make it castle-shaped very soon!

Dtil will work with 40d.  I'm not sure about 40d#.

Just wait until you get your first immigrant wave.  Re-task their labors.  You'd be amazed at just how quickly 100k stone can disappear when you have twenty masons on hand.  Also, don't forget you have a lot of wood thanks to all those wagons...just don't start deconstructing them until you've dealt with a few tens of thousands of those stones.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 02:55:28 pm »

From previous versions, using like dtil or w/e I've noticed that deconstructing a wagon didn't destroy materials like destructing a smelter or other workshop. Might be safe, but I suppose it's better to not risk it.

I've noticed having loads of unused stone resulted in an fps drop, but not by any large amount.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!
Pages: [1] 2