Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding in Custom people  (Read 637 times)

Mongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding in Custom people
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:43:37 pm »

Is it possible to put in a dwarf who you will either start with or some other way put in the game? That way I could make a dwarf of myself who couldn't die or something like that.
I'm paraphrasing you heathens!

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding in Custom people
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:47:51 pm »

Make yourself as a pet, then consider yourself as a noble.
You wont be able to assign yourself labours though, and your body parts would have to include all your equipment you plan on using.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Mongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:49:18 pm »

could you please explain, I have basically no idea how to put stuff in or anything

Silent

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 02:09:16 am »

Mongo, if you edit dwarves in the RAW's, you will change all dwarves, not just one dwarf who represents you. What you want doesn't sound like modding at all. If you want to name a dwarf after yourself, you can give dwarves nicknames. Pick a dwarf from your starting seven and name him after yourself.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 02:30:43 am »

It would be a really fun option for modding if we were allowed to put in completely unique singular creatures, though. I noticed a wild west mod that someone threw together a while back, and drove myself crazy for a couple days trying to think of a way to mod in John Henry, Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox as unique megabeasts...  Hopefully the randomly-generated megas in the upcoming release will be a step closer to this sort of thing. Who wouldn't want to see something like: "Paul Bunyan hits the elf in the leg with his axe. It is severed! Paul Bunyan laughs merrily in the elf's face. It is mangled!"
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 03:41:15 am »

Only in dwarf fortress can you mangle elves in the face by laughing at them.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:42 pm »

@Mongo: you can use dwarf Companion to change a dwarf into you. you can change his name give him skills and stats the whole shebang, I'm not sure about personality traits though.

Mongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 05:14:40 pm »

Thank you, I already know how to put in Nicknames, I was basically asking if I could put in a singular character. what's dwarf companion?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 05:39:59 pm »

Thank you, I already know how to put in Nicknames, I was basically asking if I could put in a singular character. what's dwarf companion?

It's this very handy utility.  If you're running Windows, you probably want the latest self-packaged executable -- click here to download.

Mongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 08:19:35 pm »

I was able to install Dwarf Companion, Python and the first module. But I can't figure out how to download the next three. Any help?