Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Where are you going?  (Read 7159 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Where are you going?
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 03:32:17 pm »

I do.  Physics, double maths, chemistry, history.

Just as well I know since I have to submit these decisions in a few months.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 03:34:28 pm »

So... you're going to do 4 majors in post-high school then?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 03:36:10 pm »

Uh...

Sorry, college here is the equivelent of High School in America.  Forgot about that.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 03:47:43 pm »

But you don't even know what you want to do in college though, do you?
I know what I want to do in college, but the rest of my family is currently 50/50 batting average on that.

My brother Eric has a physcology degree, and now writes load-testing sofware for websites.

I think I'm headed down a similar path, with a better-choosen computer science degree, as of the first semester I arrived at school. Many other students are undecided.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 04:07:46 pm »

My goal in life is to enjoy it as much as possible. The courses I study and the job I get are all in plan for an early retirement, being in an enjoyable work place and experiencing as much of the world as I can. After high school I plan on doing an engineering degree specializing in electrical engineering. I enjoy working with electrical systems and have always been fascinated by the way things work. As I child I took many devices apart to see if I could put them back together. With the degree I hope to travel the world, working in as many different places as possible earning money along the way.
Sure my goals are selfish, but really whose aren't?

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 04:13:48 pm »

I plan to either teach Norse history at a college, or get a degree in Mining Engineering and Geology. Then I plan on dying an old family man by the ocean somewhere AWAY from people. Because people are stupid.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 04:38:15 pm »

I plan to either teach Norse history at a college, or get a degree in Mining Engineering and Geology. Then I plan on dying an old family man by the ocean somewhere AWAY from people. Because people are stupid.

UNR?

I plan to make money at a typical job. Chemical Engineering.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 06:26:40 pm »

UNR?

I plan to make money at a typical job. Chemical Engineering.

Same here. Probably in the direction of cataclysts to be specific. A realy typical job, only this time you got to park your car backwards so you can scoot off faster in case of an emergency ;)

Anyway, did you ever consider that a lot of ambitionless peopel could actualy be people who's ambitions have been stomped into the ground by reality's hard walls?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009, 08:27:38 pm »

I had a wall of text (spoilered, of course), but before I could submit it, I accidentally clicked on a link, and was too late to stop it, and lost it all. >:( (rage like you wouldn't believe. I had written so much.)

I'll summarize what I had in mind (as best as I could; considering what I had previously, it was for the better). Excuse me if it sounds too much like a whine-fest.

I don't ask for any pity, nor help anymore; I know I'll never see any of either anyway. I've accepted and moved on with my life; despite it going nowhere... nor moving at all. At least I have enough dignity in life to be mostly on my own as old as I am. At least that much is enough to satisfy me.

Kinda wish things would move however, or some miracle happens. Oh well... :-\

Whatever happens, happens. The past is passed; and the Future, few tour.

EDIT:
I guess a more proper, and less "emo-ey" goal for me would be; learn as much as I can. Become the closest thing to a human Swiss-Army Knife as I can get. The world ever ends, I'll be prepared for it one way or another. Whether I am alone or not, successful or not, in the future; I'll be ready for anything that comes my way.

Considering how much I know and learned and everything, that seems to make the most sense. Just because I lack ambition, doesn't mean I don't have the will to do anything. If anything, I gain more and more abilities due to enough free time and boredom. Next year, I'll learn Japanese for the hell of it. My mind is like a gypsy. It always wanders.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 08:48:00 pm by Itnetlolor »

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2009, 08:47:09 pm »

You just need to be yourself and surround yourself with people who are similar. Don't change yourself, change your environment.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2009, 08:50:14 pm »

You just need to be yourself and surround yourself with people who are similar. Don't change yourself, change your environment.
Best advice I've heard yet. Thanks (despite what I previously said).

I only wish the economy was better to make that more possible. So far, that's my only real road block.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2009, 08:58:32 pm »

Best advice I've heard yet. Thanks (despite what I previously said).

I only wish the economy was better to make that more possible. So far, that's my only real road block.
It's a personal experience effect. You could always go into a job as being an artist. Hang out with horny slutty art chicks and live in a house that is 15 people over the fire limit.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 09:00:53 pm »

My plans for all of my life:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TL;DR: I'm gettin ready to rock shit hard so look out for my name.

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2009, 09:13:03 pm »

One day I want to be 100% efficient!

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2009, 09:22:09 pm »

I look beyond your "long term" goals for what I want to do in life. Your goals aren't actually that long term, what happens if you are struck with an illness? Or if you are simply to old to continue? No, my goal is to fulfill the things I consider most important in order of importance. These are:
 1. Serving God
 2. Being happy
 3. Make others happy.
I can continue to do these until my death, and the first even has an importance outside of this life.

Well said. I'm not much for my own happiness, but I'm mostly happy when making others happy. I hate to see people suffer.

I'm also in the same boat as our friend there who's good at all subjects. I can even throw art and music in there, and again linguistics are my best subject (perfect scores in english). But what to do? I thought I'd be an engineer and use that training to help people and provide for a family at the same time, but I find that I lack the conviction of knowing I'm on the right path.

Umiman's way is quite simple: he cares for himself first and foremost, and so it's easy to find a path. He simply does what is best for himself, and satisfies his own wants. It's easy to see how he would find it hard to understand another way. Don't look on this statement as a judgement, it's only an observation. We're obviously not here to judge, but to share.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6