Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Cheerful Coven  (Read 968 times)

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Cheerful Coven
« on: December 11, 2009, 02:17:26 pm »

I've just genned a new world, with several additional entities, including one based on the Druchii (Dark Elves) from Warhammer.

So once it finished, I checked the history, and look what I found:

Firilineslane, "The Cheerful Coven"
The Cheerful Coven was a druchii religion of The Legendary World centred around the worship of Ficeri Moral Gates, a druchi goddess of mercy.

Anyone who knows the Warhammer world will facepalm at that.

Evil Sadistic Dark Elves - UR Doing it Wrong!

My druchii were based off the vanilla goblins, with no changes to ethics or personality, so I don't see why they should have founded a "good" religion.

Indeed, there also seem to be a lot of druchii, goblin, and ogre religions based around the worship of one of the human's goddesses of peace ::)

Also, this is just amusing:

Nethitha Nawiri, "The Squid of Strife"
The Squid of Strife was an elven group from the Legendary World.
In 131, The Geared Vine defeated The Invisible Council of The Empire of Cakes and took over Dunecomets.  The new government was called The Squid of Strife.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cheerful Coven
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 02:24:55 pm »

The Invisible Council of The Empire of Cakes
So many jokes comes to mind...
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:53:50 pm »

Noooo! Not the empire of cakes!

*ahem* about the modding aspect, you might want to remove some of their religeon spheres. Also, badass elves using hippy elf language is just begging for this kind of sillyness :P
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 12:51:44 am »

You need to add [Cull:Symbol_Domestic] or something to their file as well as alter their spheres.

Seriously, Empire of Cakes? Not, not the frosting!!!
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 12:53:19 am »

I take it you guys never heard of the infamous Violent Council of Breakfast.

Don't get between them and the cereal bar.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 11:00:37 am »

I don't see a problem here.

For one, there's nothing wrong with being cheerful.

And two, the mercy of the Spanish Inquisition was getting a hole drilled in your neck, instead of being burned alive.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 12:37:06 pm »

*ahem* about the modding aspect, you might want to remove some of their religeon spheres.

Add to them, too. To get rid of the mercy sphere, it should work to add [RELIGION_SPHERE:REVENGE] (revenge precludes mercy, and should fit from what I recall). SPHERE_ALIGNMENT, which is already in the goblin raws, should help there too, but I'm not sure what numbers would have to be used there - hopefully [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:PEACE:0] to get rid of the peace sphere - war does not appear to preclude peace.
The goblin entity raws themselves don't way preclude good religions - they don't need to because, without modding, they'll only ever worship demons. The personality doesn't quite allow mercy, but I'm not sure whether personality is checked for religion founding and pantheon creation.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu