Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Risus - More RP than RTD!  (Read 2937 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risus - More RP than RTD!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 04:10:24 am »

Although I'd prefer to stick with the rifle because to me it feels more suitable for him, how do you feel about him having a Gatling cannon instead?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 04:18:55 am »

Better as well. Although you'd become something of a TF2 Heavy.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 04:30:20 am »

I was thinking actual, like 80mm, cannon barrels if that changes anything.

He will have some kind of rapid fire weapon, like perhaps a shoulder mounted missile launcher or tri-barreled rocket launcher if not my previous suggestion.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 05:40:21 am »

Are you sure you can't spare a point for Mary Sue?

You are still somewhat constrained by the dice, so be prepared to fall over your own swords while fighting a crippled kobold, but I don't see anything inherently fatal about the character...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 05:55:32 am »

Are you sure you can't spare a point for Mary Sue?
Huh, what, me? Mar'y Zjaen is the name, and it's a manly mans name! It's suave, smooth, inspires confidence in friends and fear in enemies and WHoaa Elesdee flashback check out the colors on that snail!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 06:09:36 am »

You are still somewhat constrained by the dice, so be prepared to fall over your own swords while fighting a crippled kobold, but I don't see anything inherently fatal about the character...
Remember that Badass and Crazy Awesome can be applied to all sorts of things.
My full sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 02:42:14 pm »

But it is pretty difficult to apply them to fighting a crippled kobold...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 03:59:18 pm »

Ah, what about dropkicking it into a wall? Don't forget to factor the Space Marine cliche in your considerations.
My full sig

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 01:18:35 am »

Okay guys, I've got everything sorted out. I will post your scenario on the coming winter solstice, Monday. I've got a weekend to enjoy. Don't leave, I will be back. After that, you can post your actions.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 04:16:44 pm »

Am I too late even so approved? I was terrible ill throughout the whole weekend.

Balber, Human Merchant-Man
   A merchant by heart, body, and soul.  Ever since his dad would take him across countries to visit dwarf fortresses and...well...last visit was a trap.  Balber survived magma death by horse and ever since then he has been afraid of dwarfs on sight. He still continues his father's legacy though.

Cliches: Merchant(3) Negotiator(3) Survivor(2) Dwarfphobia (2)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 05:28:32 pm »

You have each been chosen by the Bulliarch Council (They throw darts for this sort of thing.) to rid the land of the dreaded Tentacle-faced Digbeast. It is a fearsome foe that has felled many adventurers, and most likely has some treasure or somesuch. That's not why you agreed. you agreed because of the rather menacing chap near the back of the council.

The beast has been known to roost in a nearby cave in the Woods in Which Lies a Digbeast. You have made a last stop in the rather ramshackle looking town of Shadowdeep. The tavern is alive with chatter, partially from the patrons of the establishment, and partially from the rats dwelling in the rafters.

The bartender appears to fit the bill of what you'd expect a bartender to look like, bald, rough, and bearded. He is polishing a glass. The entire room reeks of cliché.

((Go ahead and post your actions.))
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 07:38:51 pm »

"Well then, have we some pocket money? And, better yet, have we still got it on us? Have we got pockets at all? If such is the case, my fellow warriors, let us get some liquid courage for the foul task ahead!"

Buy wine for everyone in the group who'd like some.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 08:34:58 pm »

Fill the bar with dead rats!

Receive praise!
Read the First Post!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 01:56:09 am »

Demand a transport from amayor, insting that We're on a mission from the God-Emp, er King.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 03:38:34 am »

Praise Cat! Good boy, or girl, or cat... being.

Pages: 1 [2] 3