Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: RTD ascent to godhood  (Read 6597 times)

Tigershark13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RTD ascent to godhood
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:36:54 pm »

Name describes it pretty well, standard rules except epic fails and overshoots will be... well epic :P

Basically, there has been a great and mighty pantheon of gods for the last 100 years, however the prophesy dictates that 5 mortals will become powerful and uber enough to kill the gods in an epic battle and rise to godhood.... pretty much everything beyond that is gonna be player background (always funnier) Though if anyone chooses to be an elf you will have -2 rolls on anything that doesn't involve hugging trees or being arrogant and pompous :P

all players start off with some sort of power randomly granted to them in some cool manner, thus making them marginally more bad ass than a normal person. There'll be 2 people in the waiting list

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

slot 1 Diakron

slot 2 Dragnar

Slot 3 randomnumbergenerator

slot 4 tehstefan

slot 5 Jetsquirrel

waiting list
anyway*waits for 5 2 1 people person* IT BEGINS :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:11:24 am by Tigershark13 »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: RTD ascent to godhood
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 09:57:24 pm »

name: Diakron
race: Human
class (basically your general skills) : Ice (i assume you want the element we follow)
background (optional): Wait who am I? (has amnesia about all event prior to being picked has basic life skills and communication skills)
Back to Mafia with me!

Tigershark13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:02:15 pm »

well I was more thinking your prior life, but yeah thinking about it your 'circle' or whatever you want to call it would be useful... hmmm oh and it doesn't have to be an element, it can be something stupid (like cake)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 10:06:08 pm »

ok i stay with ice
Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 10:14:15 pm »

name: Kratos
class: Badass
background: See God of War.

Nah

name: Dragnar
race: half-dragon
class: red mage/munchkin. Skills: animal husbandry, basic combat, basic magic
background: One of the few surviving red mages, the others having killed themselves trying to figure out how the universe worked, any why they failed to complete even simple tasks 1 in every 6 tries.

this should be an... interesting character.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:28:19 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 10:22:38 pm »

So in. I've been waiting for something like this for a while.

name: Torin
class: Battlemage ( Major Lightning Magic; Polearms; Medium Armor; Minor Healing; Minor Illusion)
background: Raised as the son of a warrior, though he always had a talent for magic. While his father frowned on such tricks, his teachers encouraged him, and he grew up practicing skills in both realms. As a young adult he fought other mages and fighters in various competitions, and now sets out to achieve his destiny.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 10:29:38 pm »

IN!

and lol at Dragnar's character. Reminds me of Red Mage.

name:Reid
class (basically your general skills) : spellsword, minor healing
background (optional): Reid's been at swordfighting about as long as he's been able to lift a sword. Unfortunately, that didn't go well with his father, who was a prominent wizard. His own magical ability was high, but he wasn't really that interested in it. Until he realized he could combine the two. Thus began his spellsword abilities. Also, his father taught him how to heal him from his own wounds.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:32:18 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Tigershark13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 10:44:41 pm »

haha love some of the character things :P and (i know we need one more) just so everyone's prepared I have a couple of extra 'variables' that have to be taken into account every turn *smiles secretively* but that shall all be revealed later.

firstly I'm going to bed since I'm GMT, once we get all five I'll post a really general opening and let you guys hae fun

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 12:47:01 am »

name: Kel Anaxor
class (basically your general skills)(element he uses is Sand :Robber,shooter,alcohol drinker and compass user
background (optional):Kel Anaxor is a unusal pirate on Land! once he was powerfull enough to leat boats sail on land in sand! But its long gone and he hopes to regain that power

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 12:58:17 am »

name:Tree
race:Tree
class (basically your general skills) :Tree
background (optional):Tree

Growing increasingly concerned at the nature of Elven affection over the millennia, I have decided to find something to distract them.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tigershark13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 05:42:46 am »

right Ram i'll add you and your...tree to the waiting list :P anyway we have our chosen ones so first lets explain my special rules

The gods in this are not all knowing and all seeing, while vastly better than mortals they still have their weaknesses ect. So as such, while they're aware of the prophesy, they have no idea who the chosen ones are...

This is represented by a rule i'm gonna call 'whims of the gods' basically its decided by a dice roll, 1 meaning the gods are pissed off, 5 meaning they're happy, 6 meaning they're a little TOO helpful. This means if your unlucky your overshoots or epic fails could get a WHOLE lot worse.

anyway, to the setting.

it was a unique night, for the first time in a 100 years the stars were aligned in just the right manner, the planets in their correct locations and the conditions perfect for the rising of the chosen ones. Each of you live in a around the same area (Though how you got there varies) anyway, that night isn't a pleasant night, its freezing cold and there are strange bright colours lancing through the skies and appearing to land at random locations. You happen to be at one of these locations and were struck with a blinding light knocking you out cold.

That night you dream of power, unbridled power beyond anything you'd ever imagined and awake feeling...stronger... the question is, how will you use this new strength?

annd begin :P
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:51:13 am by Tigershark13 »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 08:21:57 am »

Try to determine just how much stronger I am.

I just realized a flaw in my character: red mage claims animal husbandry solves all problems, but I have no idea how... and might not want to know...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tigershark13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 08:25:50 am »

oh a quick question to clarify, by half dragon do you mean a humanoid dragon, or a human with dragons blood or some weird mix?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 08:28:49 am »

A human with dragon's blood. Appears human, but has greater innate magic power than most.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 09:12:45 am »

Find a small boat or fishing boat, and try to manipulate sand by doing on land sand sailing! Yarr!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4