Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What have the goblins done for YOU lately?  (Read 1229 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What have the goblins done for YOU lately?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 03:43:34 pm »

Haven't met the goblins yet in this RA fortress, but the elves dealt with a kitten who was faster on adoption than I was on butchery.

They're about to provide idle entertainment as I drop them off an execution tower. Should be fun.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 04:00:57 pm »

Goblins and elves provide me with a sustainable cloth-decorating industry. Elves give me tons of rope reed cloth and goblins bring more narrow clothing than all the caravan's worth over the year.
And don't forget the fourth iron ore. I think, I'll need to build some monument or temple to goblinite. Like a massive iron dome, full of narrow clothing and goblin cages ;)
Now that I think about it, goblins are way more useful than dwarven or human caravans. On maps with no iron ore in the ground, I beg the caravans to bring me 2-10 totally overpriced iron bars per year (and a little steel sometimes), but the gobbos bring all you need right to your front door for free and also enough crap to buy out the caravans.

Disposal of unwanted/unneeded dwarves and their pets is also nice, though that problem can be easily solved with elaborate death traps and magma. More magma.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

M.R. Siegal

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 04:17:04 pm »

The first dragon I ever had (back when it still inspired panic) spawned in the middle of a siege.  The goblins kindly killed it for me.  Then I killed the goblins and claimed the dragon corpse.
Pages: 1 [2]