Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: The Attendance Ranking Board (Beta), Season 0  (Read 21127 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Attendance Ranking Board (Beta), Season 0
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2010, 11:57:09 pm »

I guess at this point, it's time we need to figure out just what it takes to earn a Rank F.

First off, just plain old rule breaks isn't enough.  Rulebreaks can constitute a lost in rank (instead of a flat out given rank, it just drops you by 1 full rank.. so if you were a A you are now a B, if a C, now a D..).  E rank can be held for a 'stern warning' in my eyes, if it comes down to that.  However, I'd must rather it be very clear what the issue is so that it's not a judgement call.  It is starting to sound like we're getting to that point (i.e. acting deliberately to cause your team's loss).

F rank isn't a simple warning: it's the reverse of the S rank.  It's not just for gameplay you don't want around, it's for PLAYERS you'd rather not be around anymore.  Rank F will require something special to get in and won't come off with a simple 3 month wait.  I can fully see it as being an inch away from a full ban, except with some hope of forgiveness.

If I only take Paranormal into account, I'm not sure ExKirby is to THAT point yet.  Some of the hosts won't let him play in any of their games, but does the community as a whole really want to say "We do NOT want him around anymore" ?  If so then it'll be good to have a good, STRONG case for him.
No, what he did was ridiculously childish. He doesn't need to come back. If he's going to majorly quit like that, I don't want him back until he's grown up (Give him like, I dunno, 15 years.)

As far as I'm concerned, he's an F as well.

I don't give a damn. I really mean what I said. I really am not going to be playing any mafias for at least a few months and probably ever again.
Then why are you still replying here?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2010, 04:13:33 pm »

Huh.  When are we bringing up Winter 2010?  We have, after all, passed New Year's.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2010, 10:08:09 am »

Soon.  First, though, I still need to figure out how Rank F will be handled, especially since we're getting candidates for it.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2010, 03:37:49 pm »

I'd say any one of these should be enough for an F rank.

1. Intentionally doing an action that the player knows will result in a loss so long as there's an a clear alternative. This includes but is not limited to killing oneself with no plan on the kill being stopped, roleclaiming being scum without a lynch on oneself being desirable, and a survivor at lylo risking one's life when a far safer alternative is poised. (Yes, I would of given Inaluct an F-rank. He didn't play to win.)

2. Breaking the rules of a game badly enough to get modkilled.

3. Replacement from four or more games in a quarter for any reason, as long as at least two was a forced replacements.

4. Replacement from six or more games in a year for any reason, as long as at least three were forced replacements.

5. Ten prods in a quarter.

6. Fifteen prods in a year..

7. Having a D rank at the end of three quarters total.

8. Every single one of the S rank players agreeing that a player deserves an F rank.

All of these show either the player is a rulebreaker, an extreme flaker, a nuisance for the host, and/or a person showing no improvment in his or her actions. The last one is for players that everyone agree's needs to be gone, but the rules haven't forced the player's rank to be F yet.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2010, 05:02:30 pm »

I agree on the "Breaking the rules badly enough to be modkilled", though I think it should be appended to include threats to do so. Webadict in Paranormal 12. Planning to use modkill mechanics as a suicide button? WTF?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2010, 05:05:42 pm »

Planning to use modkill mechanics as a suicide button? WTF?

I thought of doing this in KWN:DE on a day when I was a Pinata to force-gift everyone. Didn't end up doing it, though.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2010, 05:26:37 pm »

1. Intentionally doing an action that the player knows will result in a loss so long as there's an a clear alternative. This includes but is not limited to killing oneself with no plan on the kill being stopped, roleclaiming being scum without a lynch on oneself being desirable, and a survivor at lylo risking one's life when a far safer alternative is poised. (Yes, I would of given Inaluct an F-rank. He didn't play to win.)
No.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2010, 05:52:28 pm »

As far as I'm concerned a player who is only on their own side (Survivor, jester, etc) may choose to play to lose if they will have more fun doing so.  However, a player with Teammates should never play to lose, since that ruins someone else's fun (unless the other player(s) agrees with the decision ahead of time).

So, Inaluct would be fine (he lost, but had more fun doing it then I think he would have playing to win) while ExKirby's action in Paranormal 12 was not fine.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:19:47 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2010, 07:17:45 pm »

Hmm, that's a good point Meph. This would be a good issue to get more opinions on.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2010, 07:34:00 pm »

2. Breaking the rules of a game badly enough to get modkilled.

3. Replacement from four or more games in a quarter for any reason, as long as at least two was a forced replacements.

4. Replacement from six or more games in a year for any reason, as long as at least three were forced replacements.

5. Ten prods in a quarter.

6. Fifteen prods in a year..

7. Having a D rank at the end of three quarters total.

8. Every single one of the S rank players agreeing that a player deserves an F rank.

All of these show either the player is a rulebreaker, an extreme flaker, a nuisance for the host, and/or a person showing no improvment in his or her actions. The last one is for players that everyone agree's needs to be gone, but the rules haven't forced the player's rank to be F yet.
I say yes to all but 3 and 4. What if we are going on vacation but we have been in a game that wasnt expected to be so long(aka Pandar's U pick)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2010, 07:44:16 pm »

That was a requested replacement, not a forced one, as I understand it.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2010, 07:45:27 pm »

Oh.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2010, 07:49:37 pm »

That's what the "as long as so many are forced replacements" requirement is for. Still, I made that one particularly aggressive. Maybe a percentage of games in the quarter would be better? Like if you need to be replaced in 50% of the games in you were in that quarter?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2010, 07:53:12 pm »

Yeah.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »

That's what the "as long as so many are forced replacements" requirement is for. Still, I made that one particularly aggressive. Maybe a percentage of games in the quarter would be better? Like if you need to be replaced in 50% of the games in you were in that quarter?
Seems lax to me. 1 replacement is not that bad, e'en in two games.
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12