Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: The Attendance Ranking Board (Beta), Season 0  (Read 21126 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: The Attendance Ranking Board (Beta), Season 0
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2010, 12:27:41 am »

The nominations they made, sillyface.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2010, 12:43:53 am »

Oh right. Never mind.

Got RW0 and EK confused there.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2010, 03:17:20 am »

Although it doesn't matter what rank I get because I'm not going to be playing any games anytime soon, what I did does not merit an F rank.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 04:39:08 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2010, 04:26:22 am »

What didja do?

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2010, 04:38:58 am »

I think that this is because I roleclaimed in BYOR2 after all three of my attempts to recruit failed for one reason or another.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2010, 05:04:52 am »

That was a pretty bad call, not entirely sure if it warrents an F, but definitely some note needs to be made, since the other ranks are all addendance, F is the only option.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2010, 07:15:16 am »

You shouldn't do something like that, especially with dead teammates dependant on you.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2010, 07:23:50 am »

Even with no teammates; pulling that stunt removed the Cult from the game, potentially ruining it if the Cult was intended to be a major player (doubly so since cultists kept their abilities.)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2010, 10:45:17 am »

Hell, even skipping the first few days, cults are STILL really powerful. The fact that the town got to keep their power just makes the cult a fucking juggernaut. In a way, not having any converts could of been good for you. After all, all the scum would be looking for a cult leader and cultists trying to hide the cult leader. They might find a town base, they might find townies who trust each other, they'd probably just find ghosts, but they'd be unlikely to find you. The town, meanwhile, was so wrapped up in other shit that I don't think anybody even thought about lynching you, Archangel. You still had another night or two to get converts, easy. Well, unless you got nightkilled, of course, but I digress.

Quitting in the manner that you did is, in my opinion, unacceptable. You could of asked for a replacement. That would of been a drop in rank, yeah, but you're gonna have to take something for quitting. Besides, if what you say is true, you probably won't be playing in any games for the next 3 months. I'd be more than willing to set you back onto a C or D rank at that time. Giving you an F is just a very stern warning I think you need. C or D is what your natural rank really should be anyways, since I bet you get prodded a lot.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2010, 12:14:55 pm »

I guess at this point, it's time we need to figure out just what it takes to earn a Rank F.

First off, just plain old rule breaks isn't enough.  Rulebreaks can constitute a lost in rank (instead of a flat out given rank, it just drops you by 1 full rank.. so if you were a A you are now a B, if a C, now a D..).  E rank can be held for a 'stern warning' in my eyes, if it comes down to that.  However, I'd must rather it be very clear what the issue is so that it's not a judgement call.  It is starting to sound like we're getting to that point (i.e. acting deliberately to cause your team's loss).

F rank isn't a simple warning: it's the reverse of the S rank.  It's not just for gameplay you don't want around, it's for PLAYERS you'd rather not be around anymore.  Rank F will require something special to get in and won't come off with a simple 3 month wait.  I can fully see it as being an inch away from a full ban, except with some hope of forgiveness.

If I only take Paranormal into account, I'm not sure ExKirby is to THAT point yet.  Some of the hosts won't let him play in any of their games, but does the community as a whole really want to say "We do NOT want him around anymore" ?  If so then it'll be good to have a good, STRONG case for him.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2010, 01:06:06 pm »

I haven't read recent Paras, but you need to read VM4, Dak. That's part of what this is about: EK ragequit the game after various stuff.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »

It's that repeated attempts to be kind to him but inform him his behavior is horrifyingly bad--no matter how wobbly and careful the wording--just leads to him cussing people out and never changing.  If he listened to gentle (though admittedly blunt) explanations of how his behavior is causing difficulties, I would be more prone to suggest forgiving and forgetting.

I object to his behavior out-of-game more than I object to his behavior in-game.  Though he may be a truly terrible player, prone to breaking rules, he is also a terrible player who refuses to learn.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2010, 06:34:21 pm »

C or D is what your natural rank really should be anyways, since I bet you get prodded a lot.
I don't actually. I think I've only received a total of three prods so far: one in Bay12Mafia and two in BYOR2. And the first one in BYOR came during the day after the game started when I was unable to post due to not having access to the internet.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:37:46 pm by Archangel »
My full sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2010, 11:03:15 pm »

C or D is what your natural rank really should be anyways, since I bet you get prodded a lot.
I don't actually. I think I've only received a total of three prods so far: one in Bay12Mafia and two in BYOR2. And the first one in BYOR came during the day after the game started when I was unable to post due to not having access to the internet.
You were being active (If barely), but it's when you decided to screw your team over. You stopped playing to win. You didn't DO anything! I'm angry when my teammates stop working. I wouldn't mind if they failed. That's acceptable. It means they tried but weren't good enough. I can accept failure. I can't accept giving up. Not in my games. Not on my teams. You don't give up EVER. It's a game. If you didn't want to continue then never start in the first place. That's my thinking and I really do hope you get an F rank for that, because it's a really annoying thing to watch MY game be ruined by YOU. Yeah, I felt really bad that you failed. I did. But, I was hoping you'd get something. Anything! Maybe even make it to lylo.

So screw you. You were being watched. I told you so, and so I'm making sure you never play a game again. You deserve an F. I'm giving you an F. Get out of my games. Don't play with me.

I don't even mind your C/D rank absences that much (It's annoying but playable), but that was a big slap in the face to dakarian and me (Maybe dakarian doesn't care, but I do.) So, I hope that in the next six months, you gain a ridiculous amount of access to the internet to help you in June.

If you manage to make it into a game I'm playing, I will do everything in my power to make sure you have the worst game experience you can possibly have. If that involves blocking you endlessly, so be it. If that involves killing you and reviving you, only to repeat the process endlessly, well have fun. If that involves lynching you every Day you are alive, I will do it. It's simply that much better than waiting around for you to quit.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2010, 11:16:40 pm »

I don't give a damn. I really mean what I said. I really am not going to be playing any mafias for at least a few months and probably ever again.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12