Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: For dinner tonight, I ate dog.  (Read 4041 times)

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
Re: For dinner tonight, I ate dog.
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 07:09:04 pm »

Now squid, I could eat without a twinge of conscience. Not because they're not as intelligent as octopi, but because they're bastards.

You'd love it here then. Trucks drive around and find places to park on the street, on the backs of the trucks are tanks which they sell live squid from. Also crabs sometimes as well.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2009, 05:37:10 am »

Now I just have to see if I can handle live octopus!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd never eat octopus. They're too... intelligent.

Now squid, I could eat without a twinge of conscience. Not because they're not as intelligent as octopi, but because they're bastards.
The structure of the squids eye is unusually similar to ours for something that isn't related to us.
How's it taste?

It tastes like justice.

Honestly though, squid's one of those things that requires good timing to cook (and I have no sense of timing, so I never cook me own squid).

You'd love it here then. Trucks drive around and find places to park on the street, on the backs of the trucks are tanks which they sell live squid from. Also crabs sometimes as well.

You guys have trucks to do that? Darn, all we have is roadside stalls which sell live crabs. Also wet markets, but trucks seem so much more convenient.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2009, 02:58:57 am »

The strangest I've eaten is frog legs. Which taste awesome. Though I'd like to try a lot of things.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2009, 07:20:27 am »

Snails are quite good too.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]