Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarven Science: A Demonic Idea  (Read 4803 times)

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Science: A Demonic Idea
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 11:41:23 pm »

haha,

nicely done. Will wait for the next entry
Art is a Blast

Echelon3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 11:57:36 pm »

A covert facility deep underground that is experimenting with and breeding unholy monsters for use in warfare.  This cannot end well.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 12:06:10 am »

A covert facility deep underground that is experimenting with and breeding unholy monsters for use in warfare.  This cannot end well.

Its kind of like Area 51, just with demons instead of aliens and dwarves instead of humans.

Echelon3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 12:20:36 am »

Quote from: madjoe5
Its kind of like Area 51, just with demons instead of aliens and dwarves instead of humans.

Until a screw pump overpressure disaster struck the Black Fortress Mining Facility, and Urist Stonebeard, once a mild-mannered Philosopher, was forced to battle his way through the abominations running loose throughout the facility, as well as the Human clean-up crew attempting to contain & purge the infestation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CaptainNitpick

• Bay Watcher
  • [FINDS_FLAWS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 07:29:33 am »

Until a screw pump overpressure disaster struck the Black Fortress Mining Facility, and Urist Stonebeard, once a mild-mannered Philosopher, was forced to battle his way through the abominations running loose throughout the facility, as well as the Human clean-up crew attempting to contain & purge the infestation.

I'd like to see a quirky spinoff where a lone dwarf is testing magical doors that allow travel from one place to another without passing through the space between.

=Dwarven syrup roast= will be available at the dining room at the conclusion of testing.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2009, 10:31:47 pm »

Update 5- December 20, 2009  13th Slate, 255, Mid-Spring

sarack

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 04:13:00 am »

Just interrupting for a moment, but I think you might have dismissed the idea of breeding the boss clowns a little too quickly. Aren't the clowns that sometimes rule goblin civs the same type as those found in HFS? I'm pretty sure (not certain) that it's possible to have the clowns leading goblin civs to siege you. With a bit of raw modding and luck, it might actually be possible to have a breeding pair.
For the horse, though, it's possible that wild horses migrated in, knocked her up, and migrated off.
Did they even call afterward?

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 10:06:33 am »

Nah... they are the same, but these clowns don't ever leave their homes. There's no way to see them in fortress mode, unless you embark right were they live. You'd need an underground circus, a worldgen clown /at his home with the gobbos), a massive amount of luck (to have male and female) and some modding to make them breed.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 04:10:01 pm »

even if you take off the no gender tag they will not have a gender if they were already genned, but it mite work if you took off the tag before you opened the pits, but if not they will not breed.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2009, 01:04:16 pm »

Update 6- December 24, 2009  23rd Felsite, 255, Late Spring

*Note- I have to change the [CHILDNAME] tag to appropriately name them as "demon spawn"
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:59:25 pm by madjoe5 »

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 07:20:05 pm »

Thread necro, I know, but...
YEEEEEEEeeeeesssssssss.

I hereby grant +1 shiny to madjoe5. May the demonic SCIENCE! continue in DF2010.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.
Pages: 1 2 [3]