Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You need to get this mod pack  (Read 2508 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
You need to get this mod pack
« on: December 09, 2009, 03:18:34 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=35123.0

Just saying, for anyone getting bored or looking for more to explore, this is pretty much the "dig deeper" of adventure mode. Tons of new creatures ans civs, a much more populated and interesting world, magic weapons, and more fun then you can shake your own severed limbs at. I know a lot of us have it already, but to those who don't, it's pretty dang awesome.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: You need to get this mod pack
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 05:59:55 am »

Oh, man! That's awesome.
I just had an epic last battle with a hammerdwarf.
2 warped golems vs. my 3 kentaur children and I.
One of them wrestled off my dress and started beating the children with it. ;D
I died in the end, but it was awesome! ;D

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 03:35:08 pm »

Oh, man! That's awesome.
I just had an epic last battle with a hammerdwarf.
2 warped golems vs. my 3 kentaur children and I.
One of them wrestled off my dress and started beating the children with it. ;D
I died in the end, but it was awesome! ;D
watch out for dire giant wolf men. Or worse yet, dire giant skeletal wolf men. God dang they are evil

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 09:51:02 pm »

I can't get it to work.  Game kicks me out when I try to generate a world, I've tried with vanilla DF and with a tileset, both have the same problem.  I'm pretty sure I'm using version uh... 28.181.40d?... I hope I have that right o_O  I'm also using Vista 64 bit.  Actually had to make a folder on my desktop so Vista wouldn't stop saying "I'm sorry Dave, I'm too retarded to do that" when I tried to write anything to program files.  Followed the instructions of cleaning out data/objects then copying from there to the raws, telling it to overwrite everything.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 10:09:46 pm »

I'm using 40d16 and it's working fine.

Also, the all the towns in the only human civ in the world has sent me out to kill some redback spider. The they sent me too was just filled with magic boxes. >:(

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 10:19:41 pm »

Figured out the problem.  I have to delete the text files in data/objects, then copy/overwrite the files in the raws.  The files get copied over, no problemo.

edit:  Good lord, I was strangled to death by a farmer.  And apparently in my world, all the dwarves are on FIRE, or at least, a certain material used in weapons or clothing is causing them to catch on fire.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:37:16 pm by Euld »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 11:06:06 pm »

Figured it out, apparently fiery cave beehive made clothes are still on fire, yikes. ... how exactly do I fix that? xD

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 12:55:32 am »

Figured it out, apparently fiery cave beehive made clothes are still on fire, yikes. ... how exactly do I fix that? xD
ya don't. It's supposed to be one of the magical items. I think it might just be a strange error in the mods. One thing to do is go find golems and kill them, since they have awesome weapons and shields. I have a sharded sapphire sword and a clear diamond shard shield. Careful though, since can live quite well without their heads

I also just found a cave with 4 dragons squatting in it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:18:14 am by piecewise »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 02:23:41 am »

Magic box = excellent wrestling tools  ;D

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 02:47:36 am »

wonder if there's a way to make magic boxs drop weapons more often?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 03:07:23 am »

Found this in the wiki, maybe it could help:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently, the name "fiery" can be applied to many different items.  On a similar note, found a temple whose clergy are burnt to a crisp because of their flammable clothes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 01:59:01 pm »

yeah fiery seems to work fine for weapons but seems pretty fatal for clothing.

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 11:50:17 pm »

Can the fiery material in question be edited to not be usable in clothing and armor? I would bet that it can.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 12:21:18 am »

Attempted to embark on a really awesome site after retiring my adventurer.  Near instant deaths due to fiery clothes:
6/7 dwarves burnt to death, including one who actually wasn't wearing any fiery clothes.
3/5 dogs
4/5 cats
1 Giant two humped camel

It's up to my lone Miner now.  STRIKE THE EARTH!  edit: nvm, miner died of thirst :/  The fire burnt up all the booze.

I'm going to figure out how to fix this fiery armor bug, even if I have to become a dabbling programmer to do it :/

edit: raw/objects/matgloss_plant_magic uses the word "fiery" with a large variety of materials, and has these entries for each one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's see what happens if I just cut them out.  I still don't have the temperature system figured out, but I have a feeling this is where the problem is.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:04:48 am by Euld »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 01:40:54 am »

Sorry for the double post, the previous one was getting crammed.

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Temperature_scale <- This helped a lot.   Apparently, these clothes are set to ignite at the same temperature that water becomes liquid.  I suppose the modder thought this would make a "cold" fire that wouldn't harm the dwarves.  Now to see if removing the temperature thingies will change things or horribly destroy the world.

Result: crazy world.  Reclaming my fortress gave me a massive human army at my disposal, embarking to another place gave me goblins.  Of course it wouldn't be that easy xD  The problem is most likely due to the empty spaces left from me using find->replace to get rid of the temperatures.  Can't figure out how to make Microsoft Word or Notepad remove entire paragraphs, so maybe changing the temperature to something more tolerable, like the exact temperatures of dwarves themselves, will suffice. 
Result: changed the ignite points to 70000, 10000 below their boiling points and so on.  Embarking resulted in elves  ???  Started as an adventurer... fiery clothes still have their "burn you alive" status.  edit: oh yeah, apparently I've corrupted my game so that every embark has anything besides dwarves... unless all my dwarven civilizations have died out, which seems possible by spontaneous combustion ala enchanted clothing.  I'm keeping that world for safekeeping, but I'm going to miss the potential that fortress had T.T
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:52:30 am by Euld »
Pages: [1] 2