Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Challenge:Avatar of Armok  (Read 12646 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Challenge:Avatar of Armok
« on: December 08, 2009, 10:45:29 am »

I, supercharazard, present to ye the unhloy malice of armok himself...

THE AVATAR OF ARMOK

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My challenge to you is this:
Enter the creature in thy book of creation (raws) and play until this unholy beast cometh upon ye...
Kill this beast and taketh a screenshot of the creatures corpse!
BUT!, be warned for this creature has no emotion, no blood to bleed, no organs to pierce, no need to breath, the ability to swim, the speed of light for movement,it will breath flaming death upon yer dwarves from its mouth, and will leave behing it a trail of blazing death for it is hotter than even the blood of the mighty armok himself...

plus, free cookies for whoever kills it!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 05:54:25 am by Supercharazad »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge:Avatar of Armok
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:48:43 am »

Looking at those raws, the biggest problem there is WEBBER/THICKWEB. All it'll take is for a small group of well-equipped axedwarfs to surround him and he won't be able to web any more than half of the at once (people have killed things a lot bigger in the past). Suggestion: give it FIREIMMUNE/FIREIMMUME_SUPER, FIREBREATH, MAGICAL, FIXED_TEMP:30000, and SIZE:100.

Edit: Wait, I thought it had SIZE:20 at first and less stuff. Anyway, ignore this post.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:51:54 am by 3 »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 10:51:56 am »

Looking at those raws, the biggest problem there is WEBBER/THICKWEB. All it'll take is for a small group of well-equipped axedwarfs to surround him and he won't be able to web any more than half of the at once (people have killed things a lot bigger in the past). Suggestion: give it FIREIMMUNE/FIREIMMUME_SUPER, FIREBREATH, MAGICAL, FIXED_TEMP:30000, and SIZE:100.

it has fire breath, it can throw fireballs, it already has size 200 and is already hotter than magma

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 11:05:37 am »

And it can kill things in one punch. It can be killed, but obsidian rain won't leave a corpse. Hmm...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 11:10:40 am »

Just get lots of cannon fodder. Lots. Animals probably won't work very well due to firebreath, but tons of legendary shield users might work.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 11:16:53 am »

And it can kill things in one punch. It can be killed, but obsidian rain won't leave a corpse. Hmm...

obsidian rain *will* leave a corpse if you mine it out after, but why not kill it the old-fashioned way?

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAAAAAAA!!

Just get lots of cannon fodder. Lots. Animals probably won't work very well due to firebreath, but tons of legendary shield users might work.

The shield users might work, but it really is going to be hard to kill it that way because it can make a couple hundred moves for every dwarf move due to the [SPEED:0] tag

and I just had a sudden thought...put ths thing in an arena with a basilisk! (a mod found on the wiki)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:21:06 am by Supercharazad »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 11:21:34 am »

Actually, it should be able to effectively teleport.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 11:34:12 am »

Now that I think about it, all you need to do is trap it in a pit and pepper it with crossbow bolts. The only problem would be getting it to sit still long enough to fall.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 11:37:44 am »

Now that I think about it, all you need to do is trap it in a pit and pepper it with crossbow bolts. The only problem would be getting it to sit still long enough to fall.

You seem to have forgotten that it can fly... and it will (hopefully) melt any cage traps that you put near it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 11:55:18 am »

...missed the flying part. Is it hotter than the melting point of adamantine?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 11:58:26 am »

If its hotter than the melting point of adamantine (and SOF are already hotter than the surface of the sun), then, nothing would get even close to it. Adamantine bolts might work since they would have a chance (provided the dwarves can even AIM at something that fast).

Maybe a cave in?

Yuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 12:15:23 pm »

[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]

Pave the sky and link it all to a single support?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 12:19:54 pm »

[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]

Pave the sky and link it all to a single support?

caved in constructions fall to pieces when they are released, so no, that would not work

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 12:27:16 pm »

Pave sky, cast obsidian over it, link to support.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 12:28:05 pm »

If you're trying to knock it out rather than kill it (from the cavein itself), that could work. Unless the tags mean that it can't be KO'ed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7