Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Challenge:Avatar of Armok  (Read 12638 times)

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge:Avatar of Armok
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 08:45:24 pm »

Edit: nm. didn't see the flier tag.

Hmm... wonder if an atom smasher would work?

Or perhaps trap him in a tall room and have a fort full of archers shoot him from all directions from multiple z levels?
Atom smasher: no. I think it's immune same as HFS. (can't remember what tag does that exactly)
According to the wiki, it's having a [SIZE:] larger than 10 (or being vermin, which apparently phase right through the bridge) that makes things immune. This fella's [SIZE:200], so...
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 09:15:20 pm »

Lock your dwarves into your fort from the outside world once it is self-sustainable. Survive a really long time until your dwarves breed enough to have 100+ dwarves. Get them all to be legendary shield users/wrestlers/axedwarfs. Equip them all with adamantine weapons/armor/shields. Once the avatar arrives, unleash any war animals you have onto it to keep it distracted for long enough for your 100+ dwarves to close into combat with it. Hopefully a few of them will get critical hits with their axes and cut off a few limbs. Most of them will definately die, but by using raw numbers, that should even the odds.

Try to make sure all/most of your dwarves "don't care about anything anymore", as to help to avoid the massively dangerous tantrum spirals that will be performed by legendary adamantine equipped champions. This will most likely end your fort, but if it succeeds, you killed the avatar of a god.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 09:21:59 pm »

[MAGMA_VISION]
Wait... magma vision?
is that like some sort of buffed up lazer vision
but instead of shooting lazers out of its eyes it shoots MAGMA?

uh... ba... wa?

# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 09:33:11 pm »

[MAGMA_VISION]
Wait... magma vision?
is that like some sort of buffed up lazer vision
but instead of shooting lazers out of its eyes it shoots MAGMA?

uh... ba... wa?

It can see through magma, instead of having magma block it's vision

Anyway, I think the problem of how has already been answered.   Someone must now do.  It's getting late where I am, though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 09:51:44 pm »

Not sure where they are anymore, but Ender Goblins were much tougher than this. They used a metal specific to them that had a 700 point value for armor and weapons compared to the.. 100? of adamantine. They had a DAMBLOCK of 50+. They had the tag that let them get the attributes, like Tough and Strong. They were monsters in all ways. And they were slaughtered.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 09:58:35 pm »

Or I know! Fight the avatar over an enclosed chasm or pit with archers all along the side and survive until it gets tired and falls asleep. It may just fall unconscious into the chasm. I mean, I once had an uninjured giant fall asleep while fighting my dwarves.

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 10:26:08 pm »

I like Flying Carcass' idea but I think it'd be more likely to dodge off the edge :P

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 11:20:48 pm »

Does dodging arrows cause exertion? And do overexerted fliers stop flying? If so, then Flying Carcass's idea should work...of course, it wouldn't get you a corpse to show off.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2009, 11:27:36 pm »

Hmm... pit filled with adamantine spikes?

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2009, 02:06:25 am »

Only one way.

A massive line of ballistae, combined with a zerg rush of 100+ war dogs and tamed giant eagles.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2009, 03:02:36 am »

Someone should find a way to route the avatar to some clowns on an HFS map and make a movie recording the results. Actually, routing any megabeast to them sounds like a clever way to take care of that particular problem... Or at least some of it.

Trintignant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2009, 03:09:12 am »

Or I know! Fight the avatar over an enclosed chasm or pit with archers all along the side and survive until it gets tired and falls asleep. It may just fall unconscious into the chasm. I mean, I once had an uninjured giant fall asleep while fighting my dwarves.

Considering that the avatar has [NOEXERT], I don't think that would be a viable tactic.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2009, 06:15:05 am »

This isn't a thread about how to kill this beast it is about actually killing the beast and posting a screenshot
Ah, but solving the problem theoretically is much more satisfying than dealing with the irritating problems of actually doing it for real, like tantrumming dwarves or having the creature appear too early/not at all.  Such is life.

Plus, screenshots can be faked, the successful method can't 8)
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2009, 08:45:31 am »

Suggestion:

Wait until one with grievous worldgen injuries arrives.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Yuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2009, 09:49:12 am »

I has done it!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7