Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Maguindanao Massacre  (Read 3391 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Maguindanao Massacre
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 07:41:20 pm »

So from what it sounds like the political violence is basically a throwback to when crud like this was accepted or atleast understood.

It reminds me of videos of countries where parliament would actually start fighting physically and I felt embarassed even though I've never so much as even stepped foot in that country.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 02:27:33 am »

I swear to God I'm going to work to change things like this. This is abominable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 08:54:23 am »

You know what, Jack, I think it IS time we did something about it!

Let's all write letters to the U.N.! They can stop this!

*snigger*

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 08:56:13 am »

Stop it, you'll make me grin at an inappropriate time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 09:14:49 am »

Stop it, you'll make me grin at an inappropriate time.

That is almost the definition of Black/Dark Comedy

Anyhow what we COULD do I guess is send the Care Bears over there to use their Brainwashing abilities to fix the problem.

There is a slight problem though, they kind of stopped caring about earth a while ago.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 09:22:23 am »

Anyhow what we COULD do I guess is send the Care Bears over there to use their Brainwashing abilities to fix the problem.

There is a slight problem though, they kind of stopped caring about earth a while ago.

In the words of Will Wright, if the Care Bears lived in the Kingdom of Caring, that pretty much labeled Earth as the Kingdom of Who Gives A Shit.  The 1980s were all they could take before Grumpy got out the knives.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 09:24:23 am »

Ohh they are still around, and grumpy is significantly less grumpy and more tech savy, they just don't do anything related to caring anymore.

Also Cheer and Champ bear are dead

Also one of the bears went from Red to Blue

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2009, 06:26:59 pm »

What?  Carebears die?  And it's a kid's show?

Less inappropriately off topic, what happened to the UN?  I used to actually be able to get things done.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2009, 07:20:19 pm »

It's bloated and ineffective, nowadays.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2009, 07:44:21 pm »

It just got too good at representing everyone.  And now that everyone is represented, nothing ever gets done.

Also, this is depressing and I hope for the best... although honestly sometimes I think a few tactical nukes in key locations would solve a lot of problems.  But that's just my cynical side.

My condolences, I hope everything turns out for the best.  How is the martial law doing?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2009, 07:47:02 pm »

It's localized in the area, so it's not particularly affecting us. The government is still rounding up the Ampatuan clan's militiamen, I think.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2009, 07:54:37 pm »

Good thing it's a localized problem... should make it easier to deal with.  Honestly it seems to me they should round up militia from both sides, and try to restart that area from a clean slate... dealing with some of the root problems and whatnot.  Anyway...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2009, 09:17:31 pm »

The UN's major problem is that ultimately the entity is tied with the United States. In fact by all means the UN is the USA. At least that is what I heard.

Mind you even some of the most adamant people for the disbanding of the UN say so not because they believe the that the UN isn't a good idea, in fact far from it, only that altering the UN to the point where it is acceptable would take too long or is impossible.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 02:22:24 pm »

Then replace all the concrete with tansan and tin.

Sorry for asking, but what is tansan?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2009, 07:01:06 pm »

The metal they use to make cheap bottle caps.

It's also used to tip arrowheads and make shivs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4