Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Hammerfight  (Read 16991 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammerfight
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2014, 10:42:51 am »

Seriously?

If this was targeted towards my setting myself on fire story, it might be worth for me to mention that this is only a common occurrence with my sword that has both a fire and a ice gem in it, which I think might be the issue. Although it hard to tell, it looks like what might happen is that the ice gem coats my weapon in frost, which gets superheated by the fire gem, releasing superheated steam around myself, which is what actually causes me to over heat. I dunno if the temperate and gas interactions in this game are actually that advanced, that is what looks like is what is happening, and it's a very rare to pretty much non existent issue with my sword that has just a fire (and a ghost and a lifesteal) but not ice gem.

Anyway, I don't find the bees a issue at all, surgically decapitating them is super easy with a sword. And with a fire sword you must simple tap them anywhere and their head will burn away. I suppose with a flail it could be harder.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2014, 10:50:51 am »

You use a fire and ice gem together? How does that even work?
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2014, 10:55:07 am »

You use a fire and ice gem together? How does that even work?
Apparently it doesn't work well.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2014, 11:06:10 am »

Yes. Very poorly.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2014, 05:21:13 pm »

For those interested, you can simply modify your savegame file to get the gems you want. In this manner you can also get all the weapons in the game by setting yourself back to certain levels so you can choose different paths.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2014, 08:24:22 pm »

I only edit my files to remove gems in order to place new ones in them. I've nothing against singleplayer cheats though. I quite enjoy the Grim hunts personally so I'm doing the legwork.

Something quite amusing happened in the training hall yesterday. First time I've seen this. :D
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2014, 06:04:48 pm »

Didn't know we had a thread about the game of spinning and crushing things/slicing things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

blazing glory

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2014, 06:09:39 pm »

Didn't know we had a thread about the game of spinning and crushing things/slicing things.

Well I did have to seek it out in the search bar and then revive the thread to ask the question.

I find the bay12forums is better for asking questions about a game rather then it's own forums.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2014, 06:14:45 pm »

so is the steam version really not updates to 1.005 so that you cant get tribal wars??? and if so, is it possible to manually update it?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2014, 06:16:01 am »

I've just refused the big major final choice, and in the following level the physics engine seems to have lost its shit entirely; speeds change suddenly and without warning, things catch fire for *no reason*. Is this a property of the 'special place' I'm in, or is my game flipping the fuck out? I've been doing improbable things with the physics for a while now, but this is really extreme.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2014, 09:42:11 am »

Well, depends on what 'final choice' you've made. If you've been put somewhere with someone in a cage above you then the enemies spawn -inside- depris which causes it to fly all over the place usually. If you're talking about dah finul bawss then there's zippity zaps but there shouldn't be explosions

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2014, 09:43:46 am »

The former, yes.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2014, 09:49:31 am »

It's not in that level, but in the level afterwards there are enemies that spit fire at you and carry fuel tanks that explode if you hit it, and there is some kind of anomaly that makes the screen freak out occasionally, but things shouldn't be catching fire on their own and time shouldn't be slowing down.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2014, 09:52:12 am »

The physics engine has been doing crazy things since i started using a 2000dpi mouse with Hammerfight set to 100. I've adjusted it up since and it's started behaving itself somewhat more often.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2014, 11:29:09 am »

so is the steam version really not updates to 1.005 so that you cant get tribal wars??? and if so, is it possible to manually update it?

Yes and yes. I have a small package you can apply to the install dir to bring the game up to .005, but you'll need to make sure Steam doesn't know you've changed anything. It would be nice to have someone test this and report back whether it works properly-- for now, it is "use at your own risk". https://app.box.com/s/9ejcczqq51ip45vlrc77
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:47:11 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7