Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Butcher's shop in the dev_now  (Read 13513 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: Butcher's shop in the dev_now
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2009, 01:34:32 pm »

Whoaaaaaaaaa Dragon Tooth Crown, just like in Heroes 3!
<3

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2009, 02:43:38 pm »

Now the real question is whether you can make raccoon tooth crowns as well.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2009, 02:54:35 pm »

Do you know if there is going to be an ivory carving skill?  I suppose it must fall under bone crafting...
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2009, 03:00:52 pm »

Do you know if there is going to be an ivory carving skill?  I suppose it must fall under bone crafting...

Most likely yea.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2009, 03:01:48 pm »

Toady hasn't mentioned it that I've seen, but yeah, bone carving would be my guess too.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2009, 03:33:30 pm »

Esp. since shellcarving is already in "bone carving".
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2009, 05:26:29 pm »

Now I can't help but imagine a Walrus Ivory Crown consisting of a few walrus tusks arranged in a circle to make a stupidly tall crown.

This fanart needs to be made.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2009, 05:37:17 pm »

Now I can't help but imagine a Walrus Ivory Crown consisting of a few walrus tusks arranged in a circle to make a stupidly tall crown.

This fanart needs to be made.
I notice your hat has changed color a number of times.
Edit: Billowing cape for the royals.
I AM INSPIRED
unfortunately it won't fit as a sprite.

Too billowy to. Therefore, one that will.

...hmm. not billowy enough, I think.
Let's see...how long is walrus tusk..1m.
Add to already ostentatious standard-bearer...
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2009, 05:38:48 pm »

I want the ceremonial whalebone crown of the dwarven kings. Only a true ruler has the stamina, balance and fortified vertebrae required to walk down the hundred steps of virtue and along the sacred path of the burning blood of Armok while keeping the 14 ft tall crown upon his divinely appointed noggin. 
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2009, 05:47:24 pm »

There was a Cracked.com articles about deranged how-to manuals, and one of them was a "guide to butcher human beings", complete with how to deal with each organ, how to prepare "the animal" before the slaughter, and even a free "demon sauce recipe" to eat with your human. Let's see if I could find it...Ah, there it is :

http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/e-sermons/butcher.html

Yes, that's the "Church of euthanasia", and the rest of the content is so dread (Seriously, "The Four Pillars:
suicide · abortion · cannibalism · sodomy") that I can only think of it as a parody made by christian conservatives to discredit progressivism.

Ah, and the exact name of the demon sauce thing is "Bob Arson's White Devil Dinky-Dao Mothafucka Bobbacoo Sauce". Seriously.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2009, 05:50:31 pm »

is the sauce recipe salvageable or obvjunk?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 05:53:20 pm by CobaltKobold »
Tilesets

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2009, 05:59:15 pm »

See for yourself :

I don't know anything about cooking, but it seems pretty hardcore, even if you avoid the "ashes of one fine thin joint" :p

CaptainNitpick

• Bay Watcher
  • [FINDS_FLAWS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2009, 06:19:12 pm »

See for yourself :

I don't know anything about cooking, but it seems pretty hardcore, even if you avoid the "ashes of one fine thin joint" :p

That recipe should produce something recognizable as barbecue sauce. It looks like a lot of ingredients, but most barbecue sauce recipes simplify by specifying ketchup. I dunno about that coffee though.

And to take things somewhat back on-topic: should dwarves want/need/have access to condiments? You could have Urist McDibbler selling suspicious sausages with lots of mustard. I suspect it would be too complicated for the player to manage.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2009, 06:24:17 pm »

And to take things somewhat back on-topic: should dwarves want/need/have access to condiments? You could have Urist McDibbler selling suspicious sausages with lots of mustard. I suspect it would be too complicated for the player to manage.

Well, we already have dwarven syrup, and that'll be more condiment-like in the future:

# Req129, IMPROVE COOKING, (Future): More food. Food should require a substrate, rather than just being seeds etc. Seeds, syrups, drinks and other such objects can contribute to the likes/dislike checks as they do now, but they shouldn't add to the number created. A good roll could lead to the recipe being given a name and saved to the entity definition, where it can then be encountered in other cities in subsequent games.

I don't think it would be a management problem for the player, as long as the dwarves are intelligent about just using whatever's available.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:30:39 pm by Footkerchief »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2009, 07:18:42 pm »

I don't think it would be a management problem for the player, as long as the dwarves are intelligent about just using whatever's available.
Sounds like me cooking...

Also, with this new abundance of meat, and the new material system, could we at last make awesome, skyscraping towers of MEAT blocks? (with some minor modding ofc)

Furthermore, does anyone know if there are going to be any specific decorations for teeth, horns, etc. For instance, 'hanging rings of cat teeth' doesnt make sense, whilst a helmet decorated with 2 horns sticking out from both sides seems rather cool. (or a sword with a dragon claw pommel, a warhammer with an orge bone shaft, etc)

I do hope teeth, horns, etc can actualy be used for decoratinos in the first place, as the regular random craft items just seem like a waste of material to me, being usable only to throw at merchants. I prefer to use them make pretty furniture and equipement. Dispite the micro-management hassle it brings along (my dwarves seem to have a talent for finding the lamest things possible to decorate. They have no quals whatsoever about decorating a XXpig tail sockXX with platinum).
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8