Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Zombie swarm game.  (Read 4850 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie swarm game.
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 07:55:03 pm »

Roderick nods slightly as he hears everyone talk and sighs.

"Lets just kill some zombies."

Move I believe one square northeast, and attempt to shoot any zombie in sight, aiming if I can.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 11:48:22 pm »

Yay! More zombie games!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 12:40:27 am »

Move one space South West and shoot the nearest zombie, aiming for its head.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 01:11:28 am »

Griff hefts his axe, and looks towards the others. He nods back to Roderick.

"Okay, I've got an idea."

Move to the south door. SE SE E E

"Since we don't want the zombies tearing down our valuable fortifications, we should let them in."

Kick open the door.

"HERE ZOMBIES ZOMBIES COME HEAD FOR THE OPEN DOOR."

Looking back at the others.

"I'd reccomend two of you stand like this. They'll have to come in single file, and with three guys on them they'll have no chance to get very far. If you don't feel like it though, I'll just block the door next turn myself."

OO|
O |
- |

so we get...

OO|
OZ|
-^|
 |

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 06:57:00 am »

Application: RAM, Purple, Engineer, Axe, 20$.
I'm not one of them! let me in! let me in!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 07:52:55 am »

((Actually, I may as well ask. There's a grey box with a dot in it 5 NE, 2 E from me. Could I ask if that's a zomb, or a treasure box or something? I'm not really sure -what- it is, since, you know. Text. Also, I guess I don't mind preserving our doors and fortifications right now- but uh. Yea...))

Yorrick glances at Griff, and pauses.

"Wait, I'm sorry, did I just hear that right? Are you saying we shouldn't hide behind the rather safe walls, and rather, should be letting the zombies inside where they'll be eatting our brains?"

He stares at the packs out the north and east of the cabin, and pauses for a moment.

"I mean... reaally? Can't we just... I dunno, chop up any that stick their hands through the fortifications?"

((Note; I agree with your statement. We should totally be applying some funnel tactics. However, given that I'm not really sure if I have Fearless, or Lure, I'm not sure which style I should RP as here.))
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 09:15:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 03:39:59 pm »

(For now, new applicants are on the waiting list, which is invisible).

John runs to his position, but has to catch his breath and cannot fire.

Griff sprints to the door and finds that it is some sort of MC Escher crap that is closed and open simultaneously and looks the same either way.

Roderick steps up to the fortification and fires. The shot connects, blasting into the torso (3) with a decent force (4). The zed looks shocked, but continues onward.

Fragbait steps up to the plate at his fortification and fires a quick three round burst. The first shot grazes (1) into its chest (7). The second shot slams (6) into it's torso (5+1). The final shot smacks (4) into it's torso (6-1). It stumbles a bit and falls down dead.

Yorrick, taken aback by the sudden rush of action, seems disoriented and afraid, but manages to bravely cower behind the wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Addressing concerns: The box Prinny spotted is where my cursor was. For Phantom, I'm not going to make sure you follow the rules, I'll just screw you over when you don't.)
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 03:52:54 pm »

Prinny, if my character notices you have Lure (if you do)... well, things are going to get "fun". ^_^

added:
So the zombies didn't move at all?

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 03:53:35 pm »

Aim another shot and fire! I believe I only get one aimed shot, but hey, headshots are pretty awesome.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 05:42:55 pm »

You said we can move four squares, and that was FOUR squares.
And, I aimed for a specific body part.
What the hell did I do wrong? Was it just coming into existence that I did wrong?

Go fire at the closest one in the south. Torso shots, kneecapping,and head shots.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:11:55 pm by Phantom »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 06:09:55 pm »

"Ye gods, if they're just going to stand there like morons, I might as well head outside. Can't let you guys have all the fun"

I head outside, 2 moves, which gives me enough to store a quickshot against any zed the moves up on me.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 06:35:24 pm »

((Griff, if my character has Lure, he's going to be having "Fun" on his own already- with a melee weapon, and having to deal with zombies? Yea. Anyway-))

Yorrick peaks his head through the door, glancing at the many zombies still shuffling around outside.

"Ah, uh. Maybe they're not quite aware we're here yet? I don't think we need to aaaaah!"

He suddenly shouts as he turns to see Griff running outside the far existentially confused doors. He glances back at the nearby zombies and a look of terror covers his face- leaving him ducking back to where he was hiding before.

"I don't think that's a good idea! They might bite you or something!"

((Moving 1 NE, confirming all Zeds are where they were before, and then 1 SW again to let them move closer. Also, guys, I think when you aim a shot, you have to aim at one body part or something.))
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 06:40:57 pm »

For no paticular reason, I need to know how much it would cost to buy/build a rope, and a basic wooden framework type thing, like so:
[]
Story 2 |^|
Story 1 | |
[
]

Where the ^ on top is a sort of crossbar we can tie the rope to, like if we wanted to hang something from it just out of reach of the zombies.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 07:17:20 pm by GlyphGryph »

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 06:47:28 pm »

(( O.O No! Yorrick doesn't want to be a zombie attracting Pinata!))
Pages: 1 [2] 3