Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Zombie swarm game.  (Read 4849 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zombie swarm game.
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:12:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is your base. There are five of you soldiers stationed here, hiding after the zombies came. There's a seemingly-endless crate of ammo in the center of things. Your fort is solidly built, metal and stone. You're in a small clearing in the middle of some woods too thick to see through.
The Zombie Swarms are coming.

If not obvious, I didn't plan this out carefully to ensure balance. Rules are subject to change to prevent exploitation and to cover unforeseen circumstances. Every player starts with $60. Resources can be pooled around as wanted. Every player gets to choose 1 perk at the start. Any suggestions are welcome.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie swarm game.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 12:17:49 am »

Name: John
Color: Teal
Perk: Marksman
Item: Pistol

Can we duel wield some guns and loot zeds?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 12:25:24 am »

Name: Griff
Color: Red
Perk: Fearless
Weapon: Firemans Axe

Pooling remaining $20 towards something special for someone, like a starting AK ^_^

Okay, game question - Value of constructs, map details please. Why would we want to build walls, can we explore the woods, and can zombies only come from the openings or also directly from the trees?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:20:18 am by GlyphGryph »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 12:30:31 am »

Change that, its up now

Application:
Name: Roderick
Color: Dark blue
Perk: Engineer
Weapon: Pistol

There we go. Also, that leaves thirty leftover, for next person.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:34:01 am by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 12:35:35 am »

Name: Fragbait
Colour: Dark Green
Perk: Sturdy
Weapons: Pistol and, using the group fund, 1 grenade Make that an AK, which leaves $5 in the fund
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:44:12 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 12:36:01 am »

You mean 5 left over, because you start with 60 and you buy a pistol, which is 55$.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 12:51:12 am »

My bad. I mean there is twenty five. I'm throwing my random five into the pot, just so someone could buy something useful with it.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 01:36:58 am »

Which Fragbait blew on a nade.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 01:37:40 am »

Name: Yorrick

Color: Purple

Perk: ((If I can suggest one: Lure: (Zombies have a strange tendency to stop what they're doing, ignore everything, and move directly towards you, ignoring all other possible targets.) The idea being that a zombie might randomly run past the entire rest of the team to end his movement 1 panel away from me because he randomly thought it was a better idea. Or might stop gnawing on the one fortification blocking an ally from death to come charging around a corner at me instead even though he doesn't even have sight of me. The flip as well, where zombie hoards will single mindedly appear to try and down me, especially if I'm in a bad spot. Otherwise, I'll go with Fearless.

Item: Fireman's Axe, remainder of money goes into the group fund I guess. I suggest we save some for Fortifications and such. Having a happy little wall maze (Can they destroy walls?) with carefully positioned fortifications would be nice. You should also make it possible to build doors. Those are really required for buildings to be 100% useful.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 01:40:24 am »

I'm saving my own money, I'll pool it after I buy an AK/find a decent weapon from the zombie corpses.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 05:44:17 pm »

You all quickly get to know each other and found out that you have weapons enough to fight, that John has $5, and that the rest of you can scrounge up $5. You find an odd part of the ammo dumpster that looks like a weapons vending machine. Shortly after the introductions, you see  some zombies coming. 12 in number, the first horde approaches!

Be specific and aim your shots. After a zombie wave is defeated, I'll give you info on it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 06:07:30 pm by sonerohi »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 07:24:30 pm »

Quickly observe the horde if any of them are Police or Military.

Shoot at their kneecaps, shoulder joints, or foreheads.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 07:29:51 pm by Phantom »

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 07:30:47 pm »

((Errr, did I get Lure? Fearless? Errrr... I see someone got an AK. I think the people with axes should take top and bottom doors, and then... ))

Yorrick glances around shiftily. "Uh, yea, guys, does anyone else see a weird... thing outside in any other direction? Or is it just me as usual."

He look at the axe he had grabbed off of the lodge's wall, with scratches on it.

"I think I'll uh, wait here. Wait near the door for them to uh, be prone. Or something."

[Move 1 N, cower behind wall. If possible, be ready to slash axe at first Zed to break through nearby window or door. (That is a door, right? Why the hell would this cabin have no doors.)]
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 07:35:26 pm »

Quickly observe the horde if any of them are Police or Military.

Shoot at their kneecaps, shoulder joints, or foreheads.

All zeds, unless otherwise stated, are civilian. Also, please pick a singular target of the type listed.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 07:46:04 pm »

The closest. Do we have to reload? In addition, how many bullets does a pistol carry?

John looks around.
"Hey, that zed was the one who stole my beer in Malton! Asshole!"
Lesson one, never mess with johns beer.
"At least I still got my service pistol. But no knife. I was called Private Stab me back in malton. First few days I had psychopaths trying to stab me to death. And I miss the Burchell Arms Regulars, that beer was great."
Lesson 2, John fought in the Malton outbreak. And the Monroeville and Borehamwood outbreaks.

Move 1 square SW, and 3 squares south.
Attack the zed that is leading the group that came from the south.
Pages: [1] 2 3