Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: A Line of Dwarves  (Read 16961 times)

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Line of Dwarves
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2010, 07:16:30 pm »

well once the lower level got a bit of lava in it, i decided that it was a good opportunity to expand the reservoir, so I began channeling, but I didn't get to finish.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2010, 09:13:18 pm »

I haven't quite reached the next season (I was getting distracted a lot, sorry) but so far we have
-Peasant shoot outs (Who set EVERYONE as a hunter? Wtf!)
-Angry Edim
-Nobles. Everywhere.
-Magma. Slightly less everywhere.

Also, n00bs4uce, you flooded Banana's tomb with magma as well as my whole temple! Good one.

Also, apparently banana died in magma. He's all flashing on the units screen like he was burning.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2010, 10:20:34 pm »

I haven't quite reached the next season (I was getting distracted a lot, sorry) but so far we have
-Peasant shoot outs (Who set EVERYONE as a hunter? Wtf!)
-Angry Edim
-Nobles. Everywhere.
-Magma. Slightly less everywhere.

Also, n00bs4uce, you flooded Banana's tomb with magma as well as my whole temple! Good one.

Also, apparently banana died in magma. He's all flashing on the units screen like he was burning.

At least there are less idlers with hunter on everyone as well as awesome potential for sieges now.

As for the burning banana, i'm pretty sure there were two bananas, one live and one in tomb. At least that's what I remeber, but yeah banana was the mechanic that initially released the magma when i was trying to link the door.

And you have the glorious honor of welcoming the queen.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2010, 10:26:19 pm »

The queen doesn't seem to be too happy, because there's a mechanic with a bolt sticking out of her sleeping in the bed next to hers.

Also, the hunters are idling anyway. They're just standing there with the job 'Hunt' because there's no animals. They are literally non-moving. I'm making them all mason/engravers to finish my temple!
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2010, 10:30:43 pm »

The queen doesn't seem to be too happy, because there's a mechanic with a bolt sticking out of her sleeping in the bed next to hers.

You could remove the bed which would cause him to have to be moved to the barracks probably. I think he's sleeping in an artifact bone bed.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2010, 11:12:59 pm »

You could remove the bed which would cause him to have to be moved to the barracks probably. I think he's sleeping in an artifact bone bed.
Nah, she's sleeping in the lame-o wooden bed next to it.

The queen got to claim her artifact bed, so all is well. I'll update you guys at the end of spring, which is soon! (I play so slowly...)

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2010, 11:50:08 pm »

« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 08:46:16 am by Banana »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2010, 12:55:26 am »

A quick check reveals that there is indeed only one Banana, retired ruler. And that Banana went down in flames. Also, Spring is over, it's summer and time for an update =3

---
By Edim's charity I am once again given the opportunity to shape this fortress of Boltsnarrow to my whim. The actions of rulers Xieg and n00bs4uce have caused Him great distress, in their flooding of His temple with the earth's blood. If the aforementioned rulers had not already met death by whatever cause, they would have been sentenced to the spike-pit. But, being that they have already departed, Edim instead commanded that I should create Him a bigger temple. The magma makes a nice back drop...

Around the tenth of granite, the elves arrived to trade. I'm an angry spirit on the warpath, so I decided to activate my merchant-madness trap. That should show 'em. By the 14th, a band of goblins sprang from ambush. Mostly wrestlers, with a speargoblin and a marksgoblin mixed in. As soon as I had ordered the champions into action, many peasants who were strangely milling outside drew crossbows and began firing upon the goblins! So many bolts filled the air! The goblins were quite easily crushed, but a mechanic was hit by a goblin bolt. She dropped her dear baby, but the mechanic (and babe) were both fine.

On the 17th of granite, another band of goblins pounced from their hiding place. The same thing as before happened; another peasant shoot out. I was heavily amused. Two goblins got away, obviously afraid of this show of gang warfare. A snatcher who had made the mistake of trying to walk past was the last to die, his throat torn out by a +goblin bone bolt+. I thought that was highly entertaining.

19th of granite was kind of boring. So, I threw a captured goblin into the trade depot with the elves. The elves panicked, and a champion marksdwarf who was standing a mile away took a single shot and killed it. I will never doubt why they call him legendary. A kid got snatched around the 23rd. I thought it was pretty funny. Serves him right for defying Edim. A fishery worker became possessed by the spirit of Edim and claimed a magma forge on the 25th.

By the sixth of slate, the possessed worker had started his construction. As if on cue, the queen herself arrived, along with the duke, duchess, philosopher (whom I have dubbed the Philosoraptor) and the hammerer. No one else even considered making the journey to this cursed death-trap. No worshipper of Edim would want to come to such a desecrated temple, most likely.

The fishery worker, possessed by Edim's holy spirit finished his work, a billon animal trap emblazoned with an image of a full moon. I put it into the main hall, to display that Edim watches them in all things. Edim is the charitable moon, watching all from his place up high.

Nothing happens for a while, until a leatherworker has a baby girl on the 9th of felsite. She isn't a worshipper of Edim's radiant lunar glow. A shame. The elves finally go mad, tearing one another apart after two long months. A marksdwarf is sent to dispatch the mad elves. He enjoyed slaughtering them. About ten days after the last birth, another peasant has a baby girl. Still not a worshipper of Edim. I am disappointed, and so is He.

Summer begins.
---
The queen is WEIRD. She has so many random skills. Miller, dyer, milker, brewer, speardwarf... She also worships four different gods ( BUT NOT EDIM ;O; ) and an 'object of worship'. Not to mention, it seems she left behind her four children.

The temple is coming along nicely.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2010, 09:51:49 am »

Who needs a military when you have 50+ hunters. Srsly though, I look forward to defacing admiring what you make next.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2010, 09:30:03 pm »

Who needs a military when you have 50+ hunters. Srsly though, I look forward to defacing admiring what you make next.
Oh, good, because I already started trapping the entire fortress to prevent players from messing with my temple.

Enjoy!

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 28, 2010, 11:44:08 pm »

Oh, good, because I already started trapping the entire fortress to prevent delay players from messing with my temple.

Enjoy!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2010, 01:10:03 am »

The kill count will be fabulous, my friend. Retracted spikes for EVERYONE!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2010, 01:41:08 am »

(my apologies for the double post, but...)

THIS JUST IN
CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD IS HARDCORE.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2010, 11:55:52 am »

I don't remember the cap being awesome. What's your reason.

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2010, 04:14:16 pm »

i want the next turn

this sounds like it is alot more interesting than the last time i took a turn
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19