Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: A Line of Dwarves  (Read 16985 times)

deinol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Line of Dwarves
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2010, 05:27:18 pm »

crap, uh....

some family issues have come up, so i'm not going to be able to take my turn. sorry

Ok, come back when you can!

Who wants to go next?

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2010, 07:34:52 pm »

me  ;D

deinol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2010, 08:26:43 pm »

me  ;D

I was hoping we'd get a little more space between people's repeat turns... Of course if nobody else speaks up soon it is better to keep the game going.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2010, 07:55:54 pm »

I HAVE INTERNET WOO!

If there are no objections I will gladly take a turn and keep things moving.

deinol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2010, 08:01:00 pm »

I HAVE INTERNET WOO!

If there are no objections I will gladly take a turn and keep things moving.

Go ahead! You are next in line! Then we might let Banana back at it.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2010, 08:10:47 pm »

Downloading now.  Lets see what I can inflict upon my subjects.

n00bs4uce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2010, 05:46:57 am »

i'll take a go at this, btw though, I am partial to using mayday tileset and graphics.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

YOU MUST ADD THE ABOVE QUOTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE, RIGHT NOW.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2010, 12:02:11 am »

3rd Moonstone 308

That philosopher bastard… He has taken my quarters!  Never has he contributed to society, he’s been nothing but a lazy sober sot.  I’ll show him who is in charge, no one does this to me.  Misastis calls to me.  He does not deserve the hazy dunes…  What was that?  Magma?  Yes, yes that sounds brilliant.  He shall be purged by fire.

Under the guise of building a monument to our greatness I have recruited all the unemployed dwarves for my revenge.  Made a series of work orders for blocks and signed them with Banana's stamp.

6th Moonstone 308

Setup a series of temporary mason shops to help with the sudden load of blocks.  Reclaimed my quarters with the promise of grander quarters in the new monument.  That smug bastard of a dwarf simply stared off into space contemplating something… I hate him

A large scale melt down of stray bolts has started.  I explained these work orders as demands from on high for improving our plumbing systems.  This should give me plenty of iron and steel bars for my plans.

11th Moonstone 308

Deinol ambushed during a mining op. He wrecked two of the invaders himself, the others ran into trabs to get away from him.

13th Moonstone 308

Ambush at the “monument” site.  Posted guards proceeded to wreck the goblins.

1st Granite 309

My term starts proper now.  My mega-structure that we have been working on since early winter is well on its way to complete.  Apparently the rat bastard philosopher has been feeling chatty and told several people about his new “quarters” that we are constructing.  The commons have taken to calling it the “Philosopher’s Keep”.  At this rate it should be done well before my term ends.

One massive central drum tower, carved and constructed out of basalt blocks.  Four smaller cylinders, made of polished alunite blocks so they gleam white in the sunlight, rest on the cardinal directions.  The center tower will be capped, likely in olivine, and the cardinal towers capped in cinnabar.  If time permits, the sigils of my god will be engraved on the top of three towers, with my own personal sigil on the southern tower.  Mayhaps even sculptures.  Time will tell.

The philosopher’s treat, however, will remain a secret until its unveiling.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2010, 11:46:39 am »

13th Granite

Ambush again.  A peasant working on the Keep, Datan Ringedtributes was caught without guards nearby.  He will not be down for breakfast.

Two proceeded to charge a Mason, Rovod Oakenlens.  The champions arrived shortly thereafter.

Either by guards, dogs, or traps, they are all dead.  Some of them were wearing iron armor.  It looks as though we may have a steady supply of metal soon.

15th Granite

Elves.  And an ambush at an exploratory mining site.  Zaneg Wildnessknives, a peasant, and Alrth Lancecity, a miner, were caught.  Both perished.  Sibrek Spellgilds was their next target.  Being a miner of legendary renown, he was a better challenge and survived until the guards arrived to assist.

Mestthos Humorstakes has apparently made an artifact statues. Eralosor The Luxurious Kingdom.  43800 dwarfbucks.  I think I’ll make a statue garden with it around a magma pool or something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also a human crossbowman running around shooting animals.  I think he came in with the goblins.  He’s proving hard to catch.

17th Granite

Animal hunting bastard is dead.  Judging by the massive amount of trophies he had he was quite an accomplished hunter.  Lots of macaque bone and leather trinkets.

10th Slate

Begun digging the mechanics shafts for the pumping operation.  Much of the pump materials have been completed.

27th Slate

Migrants… Could use more peon labor.

9th Felsite:

Sigun Fastenbridged finished an artifact today.  Gubellemis The Bulbous Vines.  49200 dwarfbucks

Humans have also sent a diplomat today.  Not quite sure how to respond to him.  Although I hear tell he skipped the proper overseer of the mines and went straight to the Goddamn Count.  There are mutterings of peace.

12th Hematite

First cave in of the Philosopher’s Keep.  Deinol was caught in the accident, and it does not look good.  Poor bastard is going to be laid up for a while.  And damnit, this delays the mining operations I needed done.

deinol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2010, 12:31:36 pm »

My spleen!

Hopefully my Super-dwarven constitution lets me pull through. Assuming you bastards remember to bring me water!

deinol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2010, 12:32:45 pm »

i'll take a go at this, btw though, I am partial to using mayday tileset and graphics.

Ok, after Xieg we will go:

n00bs4uce (that name doesn't fill me with confidence)
Bananas
Deinol

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2010, 03:27:44 pm »

NO RETREAT! NO SURRENDER! DECLARE WAR ON THE PUNY HUMANS!
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2010, 11:13:34 pm »

NO RETREAT! NO SURRENDER! DECLARE WAR ON THE PUNY HUMANS!
We already ARE at war with the humans. I don't think we can declare war twice. Then we'd just look dumb.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2010, 11:21:15 pm »

Or awesome.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2010, 11:27:02 pm »

Or awesome.
No, not really.

"Humans! I declare war with y-URK"
Urist McIdiotface has been struck down.
Human Crossbowman is more experienced.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19