Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Building an Upper-MidRange Gaming PC  (Read 1654 times)

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building an Upper-MidRange Gaming PC
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 09:12:06 am »

If you have a CD/DVD drive you're willing to reuse, don't even buy a new one. You can also drop the 4670, and go for a 4860 if the PSU has a 6pin pci-e, and either another 6 pin, or a 6+2. 8 pin also works if you get an adapter. As for PSU, the one I linked in the wishlist is the one I'm using now, and it has been working for about a year now with no issues, and probably no load whatsoever. The air coming out of it is only slightly warmer than room temperature :P
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Building an Upper-MidRange Gaming PC
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 06:28:20 pm »

Considering I havent bought anything YET and my current setup is limping on one leg with it's guts being dragged behind it, I think its time to get serious.

Oh you wise tech geeks, help me out!

I got around $700 and I want something that can crunch some 3d modeling apps (vectorworks/etc.) and also play some of the new games for fun (not the highest priority for me).

Can anyone mock up a build on newegg or tigerdirect that KICKS ASS?
I got nothing

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:37:47 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 [2]