Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Invisible Menace! Death Stalks StirredBanners!  (Read 1840 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible Menace! Death Stalks StirredBanners!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 02:15:41 am »

I could have sworn masks exist.

I don't think Dorfs get them, though.
You occasionally see humans with Iron Masks. It's pretty cool, to see an entire human town decked out in solid iron masks. A bit freaky too.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

killaconcarnage

• Bay Watcher
  • ROBOFISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 05:47:13 am »

Either that, or goblins started a ninja-training program. Or you have a spy. Or they are all emo and cut themselves.

New creature idea...
Invisible creatures that can lock pick and are trap immune.
*coughKoboldscough*
THAT CAN KILL YOUR DWARVES IN ONE HIT.
And actively seek to do so.
A bit of a recharge time for their attack if i can make it like that.

And he should have Knife arms and should be able to wipe out and entire army even when detected

on topic from what  I have seen on the forms they could be to cold 

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 10:15:43 am »

I love it.  You accidentally turned a random Dwarf into Batman.  Get that Dwarf a Batman Leather Cape, Tunic, Cap, Pants, and Boots pronto!  Pity there's no Mask clothing, though I suppose that could get... disturbing.  Especially if the Dungeon Master had a preference for those as well as cloaks.

Corrected
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 11:23:49 am »

So, let me get this straight.

1. Ignore/restrict hammerer's power to deal out punishments.
2. Let fortress run several years.
3. Crimes accumulate.
4. Assign dwarf to fortress guard.
5. Dwarf runs around stabbing and maiming everyone
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 12:14:01 pm »

So, let me get this straight.

1. Ignore/restrict hammerer's power to deal out punishments.
2. Let fortress run several years.
3. Crimes accumulate.
4. Assign dwarf to fortress guard.
5. Dwarf runs around stabbing and maiming everyone

To make it more fun, do all those steps, except in step 4 you assign a recruit wielding a masterful adamantine battle-axe to the fortress guard. Sit back and watch the chaos.

Urist McGeneric has been struck down x100
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

loser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 02:03:43 pm »

My forts are Social Strong.  That is, there is a single-tile meeting zone and plenty of dwarves get plenty of time to spend idle.  This means they have mad stats.

Pros:

1.  My dwarves outrun goblins with ease.  They only die when ambushes materialize on at least three sides of them.  And even then they tend to kill three or four before they go down, as long as I recruit them.

2.  My dwarves carry heavy things with ease.  This really helps out when clearing sub-masterful green glass statues from one side of the map, where the sand is, to the other, where the chasm is.

3.  My dwarves don't pass out from pain.  On a previous fort, one of my founders lost a lung somehow in the first couple of years.  This did not slow him down and around year 17, when FPS took a dark gray hit to the brain, he was still running around doing what he did.

4.  My dwarves make each other happy.  If a dwarf is unhappy and not bedridden, I just have to take their jobs away from a bit and they go find someone to talk to.  Then they get happy again.

Cons:

1.  My dwarves mourn with their fists.  If one dwarf dies, many dwarves mourn.  If many dwarves mourn, some of those mourners will make poor decisions.  You all know where that can go.

2.  My dwarves hurt each other when they hit each other.  That's how the countess died.  I missed the death of a child and didn't unforbid the corpse.  It rotted, which was enough to send momma over the edge.  Momma found the Countess Consort and showed the Countess Consort's brain what the Countess Consort's beard felt like.

3.  The God Damned Batman.  I'm pretty sure what happened is that I meant to hit b->C to bring up the construction menu.  Instead I hit v->C and put the nearest dwarf on the Fortress Guard.  Dude then did what dude does: he solved some problems.

There have been a number of production mandates missed due to shortages of the makings for lead and sterling silver.  Part of the reason for this is that the Mountainhome Liaison found a group of troglodytes in Autumn 201.  Later I found lead and silver producing ores, so that's okay now.

There have been a few crimes committed during a few brief tantrums. 

Then there was the Countess Consort who had a thing for crowns that I didn't notice for a little while.  So one day she asks for crowns and I'm like "Oh that's eas -- waitaminute."  I saw that she had a mandate against exporting them.  So I checked Justice and, sure enough, there was a long list of export mandate violations in addition to all the other local color.

So, yeah, Brutal Batman.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:06:04 pm by loser »
ΘπÆ┼
What are you doing in my home?
It's a difficult question to answer.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 02:20:41 pm »

You could make a story out of that.  A fortress burgeoning with corruption, where crime is a way of life and everybody is in on it.  Only one Dwarf had the courage to stand up and say, "Enough is enough."  Thrown unwillingly into to the role of vigilante (for the Fortress Guard are clearly vigilantes when the entire city contributes to crime), Batdwarf stalks the halls of Stirredbanners and deals out swift justice to the worst offenders.  Criminals beware, your time is short now that Batdwarf is here!
Sanity is for the weak.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 02:54:48 pm »

You could make a story out of that.  A fortress burgeoning with corruption, where crime is a way of life and everybody is in on it.  Only one Dwarf had the courage to stand up and say, "Enough is enough. I'be had it with this motherf***ing corruption in this motherf***ing fortress!"  Thrown unwillingly into to the role of vigilante (for the Fortress Guard are clearly vigilantes when the entire city contributes to crime), Batdwarf stalks the halls of Stirredbanners and deals out swift justice to the worst offenders.  Criminals beware, your time is short now that Batdwarf is here!

I just couldn't resist. We were all thinking it somehow, weren't we?

Weren't we?
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.
Pages: 1 [2]