Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 6: End - End of an Age  (Read 49044 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: End - End of an Age
« Reply #405 on: January 06, 2010, 06:46:11 am »

It's pretty funny and sad that I was thought suspicious of accusing Glyph (or was that just Glyph herself?). Did anyone even vote for her after Day 1?

After reading the scumchat, I'm doubly sorry, SirBayer and the town. We would've had use for a cop.

Lastly, I need to avoid Org in the rest of Mafia games. I couldn't think straight with her around. Though in the end lynching her would've been good. Sadly she saved herself in the last moments by getting replaced with apparently her twin. I really don't know how to react to replacements, especially that late in the game.

Well played, Glyph, but you can be sure that you won't escape suspicion so fully ever again.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 06, 2010, 07:15:36 am »

Well Done, guys.  :D

I told you that GluphGryph was Scum  :P

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 06, 2010, 09:56:32 am »

Rooster, where did I slip and how? I'm really interested in seeing exactly what I can do to improve,.

Actually for anyone who had suspicions of me, why?

And CK, why were you so convinced I was town? :P

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 06, 2010, 10:12:58 am »

You said things that would point on the fact that you wanted to lynch me at all cost. Not that I was scum really.

And I knew from the time I set my hidden word traps for you in that long post you made me write.
Not that I cared about living. Because like I said, I wanted to explore the alternative.
And I really don't know how Org does the thing he does. It's incredibly hard.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 06, 2010, 10:36:50 am »

Oh yes.. about Org.

Org is..well.... UG.  He's achieved the ability to be Unreadable.  If you've noticed, he doesn't really LURK but he's not heavily active.  He tends to go random, and he seems rather unfocused on just what he wants to do. 

The result is that he probably triggered a good many scumtells for you guys BUT when you tried to put them together to form a picture of Scum-Org it didn't work out quite right... sort of like a "He's too scummy for town, but isn't acting like a mafia" sort of picture.

That, combined with the fact that he does this MORE often as town makes Org Unreadable.  You can't push him for information like other players.  You can't ignore him without shutting off that alarm in your head going "OMG SCUMTELLS!" You KNOW he's not pro-town, but, for probably quite a few of you, lynching him would be more of trying to scratch an itch than trying to catch a killer. 

I'll be blunt, I wish that NONE of you follow that path on a regular basis. 

The reason why I say that is simple: it kills towns dead.  Although you can't truly mark a person as confirmed TOWN, you CAN get a handle on who you think is probably town and who seems suspicious.  With that, you can put the 'townish' folks on the back burner (with an eye on them just in case, of course) and focus on the suspicious ones.  Even if the 'townish' ones turn out scum, they'll slip sometime and, thus, you can go after them.

Unreadables, though, end up causing the town to focus on them, trying to put a town or scum label, but never being able to do so.  Some people will want them removed just to get them out of the way.  Others will want to push to try, TRY, *TRY* to figure them out.  In the end, the town is stuck and has to just leave him alone.  It wears a town down and, worse, in order to actually stop going after an Unreadable, you have to stop being so paranoid.  A town that isn't paranoid is a dead town.

Meanwhile, in order to be truly unreadable, you CAN'T actually help the town.  It's in trying to BE like the town that your truth is shown.  Yes, you can do one or two attacks, but you can't really focus heavy on actually being aggressive, questioning, paranoid, and wiling to die and kill for your cause, because you'll eventually become readable.  Even 'hard to read' players, like Webadict, can be read in due time. 

So you sit there, drawing the town's eye away from the scum, not helping the town focus on the scum, and frustrating and wearing down everyone. 

Yes, you'll probably live (at least, once Bay 12 stops quicklynching you), but you won't see many town wins.  I take note that Org prides himself well on his victories as scum, but I've seen a few towns die horribly trying to deal with him when he's town (though to my joy in one game, since I WAS scum :P). 

So no, try not to be Unreadable.  Instead, try to become Pro-town.  Then, when you're scum, try to mimic that Pro-Townness.  A player that can always look Town isn't unreadable (some will claim it, but honestly, that's because "You always look town) but is very dangerous.  What's more, you can't policy lynch them: if they are town, they are a vital asset for you.  I point to Pandarsenic as an example: we always worry about him being scum, but he's very useful as town-thus we try to figure him out and hope, HOPE we are right, since if we are wrong, nothing will save us.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 06, 2010, 12:31:33 pm »

Well played, Glyph. You were pretty low on my probably-scum list.

To answer the questions on why I voted myself: Purely because I said I would. I was certain that if I didn't, somebody would point to me saying I would as a massive scum-tell. I will never make the mistake of voting myself again. Unless I do. Which I won't. Perhaps.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 06, 2010, 01:05:32 pm »

Just avoid saying you will vote for yourself.  ;)

Once you did say it then, yes, you were trapped.

Truth is, anyone can be made to look scummy if you're willing to stretch things out a bit.  Thus the statement saying that you'll vote for yourself if good accusations were brought was doomed, since scum can easily find SOMETHING to pin on you.

Before the "well if everyone looks scummy how can you find scum" question: while you CAN find something scummy about anyone, if you are a townie properly scumhunting then anyone trying to make you look like scum will find themselves reaching very VERY hard to the point of tunnelvisioning.  A person, for example, flip flopping their vote (a scumtell) doesn't look scummy when you can see the reason for each attack and pull back. 

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:10:16 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 06, 2010, 03:26:10 pm »

Hah, good job! Wanted to congratulate you preventively just in case when casting my vote, due to masterful play.

I guess in the end I just wanted it to be over. Sonearage lurking didn't help...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 06, 2010, 04:30:50 pm »

It's pretty funny and sad that I was thought suspicious of accusing Glyph (or was that just Glyph herself?). Did anyone even vote for her after Day 1?

After reading the scumchat, I'm doubly sorry, SirBayer and the town. We would've had use for a cop.

Lastly, I need to avoid Org in the rest of Mafia games. I couldn't think straight with her around. Though in the end lynching her would've been good. Sadly she saved herself in the last moments by getting replaced with apparently her twin. I really don't know how to react to replacements, especially that late in the game.

Well played, Glyph, but you can be sure that you won't escape suspicion so fully ever again.
Org=/=girl.

You keep saying her. HE. He is a guy. I am a guy. Male.

Duh

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 06, 2010, 04:34:52 pm »

Not uh.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 06, 2010, 04:36:28 pm »

Ya huh

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 06, 2010, 04:43:32 pm »

Not in this thread.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 06, 2010, 06:16:13 pm »

And CK, why were you so convinced I was town? :P
You seemed to be backing up your reasoning in all cases. Should've pursued the voteflipping more.
Oh yes.. about Org.
[snip]
That, combined with the fact that he does this MORE often as town makes Org Unreadable.
It is rather difficult that Org appears more townie-like when he's not. IT gives you  bad feeling in the gut when you're trying to lynch him for being pro-town.

Nirur: Yeah, try not to do that as town.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 06, 2010, 06:44:55 pm »

Hehehe.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]