Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 6: End - End of an Age  (Read 49089 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Day 2: ...and Red all over.
« Reply #300 on: December 16, 2009, 05:50:27 pm »

First of all, Nirur, I don't think you're scum. It just doesn't make sense if you are. I'm not condoning self-voting, but I refuse to believe anyone using that ballsy tactics in Beginner's Mafia. I want to fight the town to lynch someone else, but I lack a crystal-clear target.

The two most suspicious at this point? Org (not necessarily most suspicious, but riskiest) and Errol (Little by little, I've been getting a stronger scum-vibe from her. There's just something off. I have to investigate further.) Bonus choice: CobaltKobold, she pokes her head up at only the most crucial times to make sure of kills. She is also the main driving force behind Nirur's lynch, though that would be a rather bold thing of scum to do.

Spot two goes for LASD. He simply has too clean a sheet. It's really odd how he drops no scumtell whatsoever.
Nirur made this argument earlier and it's still a bad one. First of all, no one plays that good scum, especially in Beginner's Mafia. Second, lynching people for not seeming like scum sounds really anti-town. Third, the more people throw scumtells, the easier it is for scum to hide. Fourth, with nothing to hide, it's quite possible to avoid looking like scum.

Actually...I was going to die. Not you. So Im only trying to save mahself
Why are you trying to save yourself, except because you're scum? If you don't think she's scum you should die willingly, letting the more active scumhunter live. Or find real scum to lynch. Now you're just hurting the town.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2009, 06:51:07 pm »

Glyph, get back here and answer my question. You were on earlier, and I know you aren't completely sure that I'm scum. Which two people besides me do you think is scum, and why?

Well, Rooster, obviously. He spent Day 1 laying low, when I started to push him he went flying off the handle, and the host of reasons I've repeated more than once. He's been pretty good since you started acting up, but that doesn't absolve him of all the suspicious behaviour I saw before then. The fact that he's gotten away with what he's done so far amazes me.

Other than that, Errol and Org have both seemed sort of scummy to me at various points, but moreso Errol if I had to choose. I just don't know what to do about Org.

But something that caught my eye just now, LASD
no one plays that good scum, especially in Beginner's Mafia
I don't know how many games you've played before or how much experience you have, but you haven't exactly been doing a lot of scumhunting either. I also think "lack of scumtells = scum" is a terrible argument, but I find it suspicious how you get from there to "so there's no way I could possibly be scum because I'm not that good".

Quote from: Errol
And, since we already hit mafia, we can spare a townie or two. No reason to go all out until lylo.
I have to be honest, I really don't like this sentiment. Technically, yeah, we can lose a townie and keep going at this point, and your overall argument might stand - IF there was any evidence that it would actually lead us to mafia instead of just losing us two townies (counting the ensuing nightkill), but the idea that just because we're not at lylo we don't have to "go all out"... we're a lot better off if we never GET to lylo.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 16, 2009, 07:46:06 pm »

I find that I do better alive. Ya know, specially if I have a power role.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 16, 2009, 08:01:16 pm »

Org, did you just claim doctor?
The game's only about you being alive if you're scum, considering there is no survivalist.

CobaltKobold still needs to answer me. Stop hiding and answer me, the day ends in 1-4 hours.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 16, 2009, 08:48:53 pm »

No, I would never claim. Ever. MAybe.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 16, 2009, 08:53:52 pm »

four page of paper done, tkaing a pre-dinner break...it's not hiding.
Actually...I was going to die. Not you. So Im only trying to save mahself
...goddamnit org is being org.

Nirur, if you're asking me a question, point it out- I see no statements addressed to me with question marks.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2009, 08:57:36 pm »

Day will probably end very soon.

Final words:

I find it ironic how I'm a better player when I'm scum. I suppose I got overconfident and didn't screen my own posts much after successfully getting Magma lynched on day one, assuming that I wouldn't really get lynched after that. The WIFOM was completely accidental, I'll have to watch myself carefully in the future so the scum cannot take advantage of me.

Oh, and CobaltKobold logged in again without posting. Ignoring me is a serious scum-tell, I hope you get lynched for that. My dying request: Make it so. Do not let her off lightly for her crimes against me! Hey, stop ninja-ing me.

Quote from: Not a real quote
I want you to identify two people who you think are the most likely scum, not including me. I'm getting lynched anyway.

I wonder if I'll get better flavor text if I help to lynch myself.
For honor!
Unvote. Vote Nirur Torir.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2009, 09:25:51 pm »

Not including you? well, I don't have a scan, but gut says Org and Errol. Org's been acting town-like for the most part, which is generally indicative of him being scum (yes, the opposite holds as well. It's fucked up.) and Errol's been doing some bullshit.

Back to paper.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 16, 2009, 09:26:15 pm »

YES

I MUST SUICIDE FOR HONORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 16, 2009, 09:41:02 pm »

Nirur Torir, lept out of her seat, "Stop calling me that!" she roared, her emotional tone warring against the displayed outward calm of her face.

CobaltKobold, own voice stood in direct contrast, "but the manorisms, the tone, the reactions.  There's no other solution, you are.."

"Stop it!  I'm not, I swear it!"

Errol had a thoughtful expression during the exchange.  She finished CobaltKobold's statement for her, "..you are Black Ajah."

A glow surrounded Errol and CobaltKobold-the sign that they are using the One Power-and quickly, two flows of spirit formed a Shield, sending it at Nirur Torir as soon as it was complete.  The other woman, however, started glowing as well, and whips of the Power were sent out, breaking up the Shields: the rebound of the breaks struck back at Errol and CobaltKobold, sending the two staggering back to the wall.  Others had noticed and quickly joined against Nirur Torir.  Air to bind and Spirit to Shield were stopped before they could strike home while the defender stepped back telling everyone that she will not be taken.

Suddenly, a flow of Spirit, much more powerful than the others struck Nirur Torir.  The flow was similar to the Shield but...sharper, like the difference between a block of metal and a knife edge.  Nirur Torir struck at the flow, but was repelled.  Before she could try again, the flow reached her, sliding between her and the Power like a knife in truth.

Nirur Torir stared past the other women.  Her face lost the calm exterior-a calmness that took decades to fully master, to be there no matter what she truly felt.  Instead, shock gave way to panic and was soon replaced by sheer terror.  Soon, she was screaming, the entire world forgotten, even after the others reached her.  It would be a long time before she would stop.

It took no time for the others to realize what had happened: the knife-like flow of spirit was not to Shield but to Still... to cut a woman-permanently-from the One Power.  Nirur Torir would never be able to use the Power again, no matter what was tried for her or what she did for herself.  To Aes Sedai, it was like a death sentence.  It is not just losing a power you grew to rely on.  Every woman that was Stilled simply gave up the desire to live afterwards: none survived more than a few depressing years. 

It was unclear who actually Stilled Nirur Torir.  However, it was clear that whoever did was one of the Black Ajah who decided to strike when she knew she had the chance.  That makes Nirur Torir another death of this madness. 

Death in all but truth.  Afterwards, she left to her room.  She would not come out again until she died, not long afterwards.

Nirur Torir, Townie, has been lynched.

(sidenote: meh, there's no Gray coloring)

It is now Night.  Night Roles, send me your choices.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Night 2: ..Stilled..
« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2009, 06:23:19 pm »

The meeting began with the sunrise with everyone entering the same room as yesterday.  No one went to see if Nirur Torir wanted to join them-it will be days yet before she would end her own life-and only partially because they knew she would not want to return: no sane woman would want to be near a woman that was Stilled.  It was similar to the desire to avoid a graveyard.

Errol was one of the last to enter the room.  Casually, she walked to her seat, coughed softly to gather everyone's attention and said, "My sister is dead. The servants are already taking care of her final rites."  This was said calmly.  She had a good day today.  The servants have finished with the laundry.  That was her tone.  After her announcement, she sit down and started her discussion about the Black Ajah.

While all Aes Sedai called each other 'sister', some were actual sisters in truth, such as Errol and CobaltKobold. 

Jacquin stared at the other woman, then blinked and shut her mouth with a click.  After a swallow, she sputtered, "J..just like that?  T.that's all you want to say?  Not even a question why?!"

Errol turned to Jacquin and said, cooly, "She was killed with the Power, just like the others.  I am doing the very best thing I can do: find her killer.   Anything else would be a waste."  With that, she turned back to debate with others, who were still too busy staring to hear her.

CobaltKobold, Townie, has bee killed in the night.

It is now day,

Deadline: Monday, 9pm EST.

Survivors:
Errol
Org
GlyphGryph
LASD
Rooster
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:07:29 pm by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Night 2: ..Stilled..
« Reply #311 on: December 17, 2009, 07:01:56 pm »

Flavor delayed till later.  Cause: host not feeling well.

CobaltKobold, Townie, has been killed in the night.

It is now day,

Deadline: Monday, 9pm EST.
I seem to be cursed to not get dead chat links unless I prod the host.
Tilesets

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Day 3 - (placemarker)
« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2009, 07:32:33 pm »

He DID say he wasn't feeling well. Get well soon dakarian!

Now let's see...
Bad night.
Rooster, I'm still suspicious of you. I really don't how easily you seem to have slipped in the background, and I want to know why you seem so intent on Org staying in lurky mode.
Quote from: Rooster
I don't know what is he doing, but instead of trying to save himself, he should just lurk away like he always does.
Quote from: Rooster
Org aren't you supposed to lurk till the end?
Combined with you voting him, it just paints an odd picture - It's not really a scumtell, as far as I can see, but you've already sent out dozens of those and its just one more thing to make you look suspicious.

But, for now my vote goes to LASD.
Get in here and respond to my accusation.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2009, 08:04:33 pm »

He DID say he wasn't feeling well. Get well soon dakarian!
Clearly my curse has reached out and afflicted the mod!

Get well.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2009, 08:56:43 pm »

thanks.  I always say that I'm allowed to Fasttrack the game without flavor if the flavor causes a slowdown.  Although I KNOW what I want to write, I need to wait till later to write it.

As for dead chat... :P  ok, I can't blame the sickness there: I DID plain old forgot.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28