Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 6: End - End of an Age  (Read 49105 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Day 2: ...and Red all over.
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2009, 08:30:33 am »

Ignoring mysteriously absent people can get you killed. It won't always work - for instance, I'm always active, as scum or town, unless I'm very busy. Org is never useful to any team as any alignment. But for others, it works better. Never assume anyone to be town.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2009, 08:40:50 am »

I couldn't tell Orgs alignment in any situation. And he's active, meaning he will do something in response (unlike the others)
Glyph -should- post soon, I assume, but if they don't resurface soon, we'll have to do lurkerlynching (which I don't like to do)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2009, 08:57:56 am »

Glyph said earlier that he had his final exam or something coming up on Monday or Tuesday and didn't want to hurt the results by spending too much time on the forums. So, he's got a reason for his absence.

CobaltKobold has apparently been offline for 2 days, surprising weekend happenings I presume. It'd be nice to hear your evaluation of the situation. Do you still think that Nirur Torir should be lynched?

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 14, 2009, 09:07:23 am »

I think Nirur is playing a courage game with us, but yeah, only if he's that kind of person.
I'll consider that.

Errol: Why Org? Because we can allow this gamble, or he deserves it?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 14, 2009, 09:45:45 am »

I stated my reason on the last page. All in all, he doesn't act thaat scummy. And lynching him would mean losing an active player, which would be... bad. He isn't off the radar but out of the crosshairs.

Org is because I can't read him. And because he's Org. And some scummy stuff in the past. And because I don't have a better proposal. Lynching the offline players would be mean, I don't know what to think of Rooster, LASD simply doesn't drop any scumtells whatsoever...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 14, 2009, 10:24:19 am »

I hate to join a bandwagon, but I'm going to have to agree with Org. His perpetual null-tells make him a liability at Lylo.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 14, 2009, 10:55:25 am »

1. As said earlier, Glyph has a stated reason for her absence and, thus, isn't being prodded so she can do what she needs to.

2. Extensions until Wednesday will be accepted with 0 requests and 0 objections (aka, if no one objects before the current deadline)

3. Whenever someone is away, either for an accepted reason, or lurking, its' best to let them return (in the former, just waiting for them.  The latter, request a Prod from the Mod).  The second they return, charge at them, HEAD ON.

Thus the goal of a lurker hunt shouldn't be to lynch a lurker, but to out them.  Keep pushing other people, but remember the lurker so you can jump on them the second they show their face (and if they never do, keep requesting prods/replaces until they do show up or are removed).

Once they DO show up, attack.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2009, 11:07:20 am »

Oh yes, and weekends are considered lax in attendance due to RL getting in the way for some (i.e. myself last weekend).  I DO expect everyone to show up on Monday unless they already said otherwise (Glyph BETTER NOT show up till Tuesday).

Btw, consider this good practice.  Sometimes you may be in a game where one day may last a long time.  Be prepared to fill it, even if you have to go back to RandomVotes with joke reasons.  Long days full of scumhunting is very pro-town BUT it can quickly lead to a worn-out, lurky town which is basically suicide.

Current Vote Count:
Rooster[2]: GlyphGryph, Org
Nirur Torir[2]: Rooster, CobaltKobold
Org[3]: LASD, Errol, Nirur Torir

Deadline: Monday, 9pm EST

Extension to Wednesday accepted if there are 0 Objections at the time of Deadline.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 14, 2009, 04:32:03 pm »

I hate to join a bandwagon, but I'm going to have to agree with Org. His perpetual null-tells make him a liability at Lylo.
Nirur for bandwagoning

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 14, 2009, 06:46:36 pm »

CobaltKobold, the weekend's over. Will you be returning?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2009, 01:49:57 am »

For a moment at least. I've been busy all day, picking up groceries from costco and a normal store, finding a professor not at his office hours for last term's paper, studying for said paper...

Quote from: Alan Gewirth
To call a principle "moral," in turn, is to indicate that it sets forth as categorically obligatory certain requirements for action that are addressed at least in part to all actual or prospective agents and that are concerned with furthering the interests, especially the most important interests, of persons or recipients other than or in addition to the agent or the speaker.

This post was written prior to reading intervening posts.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2009, 01:59:50 am »

I'm getting suspicious of LASD and Glyph, simply because they're not drawing attention to themselves in a game where most people are dropping many scumtells.
Wait, are you suggesting I should seem more scummy because others do that? You want it to be easier to blend in?

However, I don't really like the thought of lynching Nirur Torir. I'm find it hard to believe that MagmaDeath and Vector would have agreed to Nirur tunneling his scumbuddy on Day 1.

The Ajah question was a veiled and failed attempt to get people to say the Townie color they were given in the Role PM (the only information the Mafia likely doesn't have) but I'm suspecting now that Townies aren't all the same color after all. Still, do you think there'd be any benefit for claiming them? (Or is the risk of revealing a potential Doctor too great?) And if you think so, say who'd you'd like to claim first so that scum can't just copy townies. Or we could just go by votes, but personally I'd like to see CobaltKobold go first if the time comes.
If I'm reading this right, I already claimed: white.

Oi. Fine. If somebody besides Errol gives me a valid, original reason on why I should vote myself, with no objections, I will. I don't intend to spend my weekend defending myself from the spotlight while the scum gets off freely.
OK. Here's a good reason: it's in your role PM. ;)
So far, most of the scum hunting has been for "That's not a townie thing to do!" That doesn't necessarily make it a scummy thing to do, just an anti-townie thing. We've got too many townies doing anti-town things for that to be a deciding factor.
There are no third-parties in BM. OK, here's a good reason to vote yourself: You do antitown things. By your own admission e'en.
Here's another one- picking a "null/neutral" to lynch over an "antitown".

Nirur = scum.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2009, 02:03:18 am »

To call a principle "moral," in turn, is to indicate that it sets forth as categorically obligatory certain requirements for action that are addressed at least in part to all actual or prospective agents and that are concerned with furthering the interests, especially the most important interests, of persons or recipients other than or in addition to the agent or the speaker.

Philosophy major?  I have no idea how you folks can stand the run-on sentences in a lot of those books.  My eyes just blur over.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2009, 02:49:01 am »

Knew I'd get a comment from direction-man.

Philosophy major?  I have no idea how you folks can stand the run-on sentences in a lot of those books.  My eyes just blur over.
He's a little overexact, but generally he uses language to be precise and no more than that. (That's about the worst, and I find it fascinating.) At least he doesn't use the 'ornate style'. Though that can be fun too.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2009, 02:50:36 am »

(For some reason I can't find any articles on the contrast between ornate and plain styles that I learned about back in middle school.)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28