Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 6: End - End of an Age  (Read 49119 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Day 2: ...and Red all over.
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2009, 09:15:43 am »

Actually LASD was absent for 2 pages or so?

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2009, 09:37:28 am »

I'm getting suspicious of LASD and Glyph, simply because they're not drawing attention to themselves in a game where most people are dropping many scumtells.
Wait, are you suggesting I should seem more scummy because others do that? You want it to be easier to blend in?

However, I don't really like the thought of lynching Nirur Torir. I'm find it hard to believe that MagmaDeath and Vector would have agreed to Nirur tunneling his scumbuddy on Day 1.

The Ajah question was a veiled and failed attempt to get people to say the Townie color they were given in the Role PM (the only information the Mafia likely doesn't have) but I'm suspecting now that Townies aren't all the same color after all. Still, do you think there'd be any benefit for claiming them? (Or is the risk of revealing a potential Doctor too great?) And if you think so, say who'd you'd like to claim first so that scum can't just copy townies. Or we could just go by votes, but personally I'd like to see CobaltKobold go first if the time comes.

No. I wont. I want to play, but thats asking for too much.
No Org, talking is playing. Voting is just a part of it.

Actually LASD was absent for 2 pages or so?
Yeah,  I apologize. Team Fortress 2 occupied my time.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2009, 10:19:16 am »

As I said, I voted end because I felt the discussion was over. This revived the discussion, so I voted for an extension.

Stating the obvious here, but Nirur is plotting something, vote-flopping and oodles upon oodles of stuff. No. This is past my tolerance of WIFOM and all that stuff. If you are town, you will agree that lynching you is the best way of knowing the truth. Or are you, coincidentially, the doctor, scumbag?

Vote Nirur.

Still keeping an eye on [color]Rooster[/color].
Vote flopping?

Rooster > Well, he deserved it.
CobaltKobold > What can I say, I prefer to switch my vote while questioning people.
Rooster > Anybody want to complain about me switching my vote away from a tie when I thought the day might have ended in half an hour?
Unvote until after I've had more time to analyze something.

I might be inclined to help lynch myself, but I fail to see how it would benefit the town if I flip town. I am quite suspicious of your wording there. If I am town ... lynching myself is the best way? Please elaborate.

You are doing too much convoluted and unnecessary stuff. You are leading the assault on... well, everyone so far. I've seen a game that was pretty much like that, and the leader turned out to be scum. If you just died and therefore flipped town, I would believe your actions and all that stuff so far, the town would be able to separate Right and Wrong. You are the one the most entangled in this mess. Your death will be crucial in resolving affairs.

BTW, if you were all that intent in lynching Rooster, you would have stuck with it. You wouldn't have made this unnecessarily complex by surprise-lunging at Cobalt, and then suddenly switching back. Your explanation for the latest flop is fishy, as the majority was decided at that point.

Town does not play like that. Town prefers clarity, not complexity. Therefore, I propose cutting the knot by lynching you, so that town is able to see clearly again.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2009, 10:45:41 am »

Interesting. You attempt to convince me to lynch myself with logic?

Alright, Errol. Logically speaking, If I was scum, why would I risk my neck by raising suspicions on myself even higher with an end request? Rooster was to be lynched in a few hours and I was at very little risk.

And you think I'm scum because I'm attacking everybody? Isn't that kinda the point of the game? Attacking everyone suspicious to try to figure out who is scum? Well, everyone's suspicious.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2009, 11:03:16 am »

I was at very little risk.

hmm.

(Although it would be weird if Nirur was scum twice in a row)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2009, 11:53:51 am »

Interesting. You attempt to convince me to lynch myself with logic?

Alright, Errol. Logically speaking, If I was scum, why would I risk my neck by raising suspicions on myself even higher with an end request? Rooster was to be lynched in a few hours and I was at very little risk.

And you think I'm scum because I'm attacking everybody? Isn't that kinda the point of the game? Attacking everyone suspicious to try to figure out who is scum? Well, everyone's suspicious.

Oooh, this is where the WIFOM comes in. You could easily explain your whole list of gripes with it. But a man would be a fool to rely on WIFOM.

The end request was reaction fishing or trying to hammer the point home. Ultimately, I am led to believe it is the former. Finding out who would go along with this - and who wouldn't. But last minute shit - something scummy in itself - definitely goes past my horizon of 'tolerable', even if it is meant as a pro-town action.

"Well, everyone's suspicious." This sums up perfectly why I want you to get lynched, to eliminate all suspicion. You are town? Prove it! I'm sick of you zigzagging around.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2009, 02:07:21 pm »

Oi. Fine. If somebody besides Errol gives me a valid, original reason on why I should vote myself, with no objections, I will. I don't intend to spend my weekend defending myself from the spotlight while the scum gets off freely.

On one condition: The scumhunting continues on other people until day 2 ends.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2009, 06:28:02 pm »

Oi. Fine. If somebody besides Errol gives me a valid, original reason on why I should vote myself, with no objections, I will. I don't intend to spend my weekend defending myself from the spotlight while the scum gets off freely.

Dude. Duuude. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

wtf?

Who said scumhunting on other people will stop? I was about to get lynched and now you're.
I don't think we will last in stagnation till monday.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2009, 06:43:14 pm »

Dude. Duuude. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

wtf?

Who said scumhunting on other people will stop? I was about to get lynched and now you're.
I don't think we will last in stagnation till monday.
I already said why Im voting you. You are not helping.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2009, 08:11:07 pm »

Did you read last 2 pages?
I stopped doing that shit madness

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2009, 09:46:02 pm »

Not the point

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2009, 08:40:35 am »

So far, most of the scum hunting has been for "That's not a townie thing to do!" That doesn't necessarily make it a scummy thing to do, just an anti-townie thing. We've got too many townies doing anti-town things for that to be a deciding factor.

Unvote. LASD. You haven't been accused yet.

Why aren't you voting anyone?

Why aren't you scumhunting? That Ajah question doesn't count.

Explain what you did day 1, please. It seems you attacked Errol for a while, then spent the remainder of the day attacking a lurker.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2009, 10:04:51 am »

Unvote. LASD. You haven't been accused yet.

Why aren't you voting anyone?

Why aren't you scumhunting? That Ajah question doesn't count.

Explain what you did day 1, please. It seems you attacked Errol for a while, then spent the remainder of the day attacking a lurker.
1. I can't decide on who is scum of the people here and I doubt you or Rooster are. Also, I was going to vote on The Ajah information but that didn't really work out.

2. Things in 1 apply here. Scumhunting normally is probably a better idea than coming up with "clever" schemes to uncover scum. I'll try to shape up.

3. Day 1, I answered people, threw questions and votes at others trying to find someone who was off to me, got Errol acting scummy and as other people started pursuing him, I turned my attention to Org, got frustrated with him and finally ended up rather foolishly tunnelvisioning SirBayer, who seemed the most off at the time.

The case of Nirur Torir is interesting as no matter how many scumtells he throws around, it all comes down to the Day 1 play. How many really believe the scumteam (especially with the advice of the IC) would do something so foolhardy as tunneling the other half of the scumteam right at the start?

Org makes me nervous, especially this bit:
Hey, Org, drop an extend request please.
Extend plox.
If he can be that easily commanded, I really don't want to see lylo. Also:
Not the point
The thought behind this particular post is probably not too important, but you're still being too vague to help anyone, we can't read your thoughts.

Org's nulltelliness is making me less and less comfortable all the time. As everyone seem so townish to me, be it because of newtells, scumhunting or the voting surrounding Magma, I'd be happiest to see Org go as there's no possibility he'll flip before the end of the game unless lynched.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2009, 10:35:21 am »

Responding easily to an extend request isn't a bad thing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2009, 11:35:50 am »

yeah. Srsly? Was I supposed to put a paragraph on why I should extend? To scummy?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28