Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 6: End - End of an Age  (Read 49088 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Day 1 - In the White Tower
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 09:08:58 pm »

What the heck is a toony tunnel? Please remember this is a newbie game! (I've only just figured out what OMGUS actually was recently, despite it being bandied about a bunch before, and I'm still not one hundred percent sure, so explanations for terms like this would be appreciated for those of us not in the know).

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2009, 09:14:52 pm »

The Toony Tunnel is named for a game where ToonyMan sank Chaoticjosh in an epic and dramatic manner; it's Dakarian's scumhunting guide, taken to 11. You focus on one person until they crack, pretty much.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2009, 11:43:41 pm »

The Toony Tunnel is named for a game where ToonyMan sank Chaoticjosh in an epic and dramatic manner; it's Dakarian's scumhunting guide, taken to 11. You focus on one person until they crack, pretty much.

It has a success rate of 1%.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2009, 01:09:55 am »

ToonyTunnel:  Use my guide, start at step 1, once done step 1, go to step 4 and stay there until everyone, including the HOST, cries for mercy. 

It's a...umm...odd action indeed.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2009, 01:22:19 am »

So Nirur, First you OMGUS onto me, and now you're trying a toony tunnel.
Lets see:

It has a success rate of 1%.
What are you doing trying a "Toony tunnel" just to cover up your scumminess by explaining it away as part of this tactic most people wouldn't have heard of, and barely ever works?
Lets see what else:
Well, never shifting your focus from one person is really kinda strange, and could be mistaken for scummy by newer players.
You seem to be trying to prevent the Toony Tunnel subtly. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't focus on you. My aggressiveness being mistaken as a scumtell by new players does not concern me.
Prevent the subtlety?
How would it be subtle when you've announced what you are doing?

As for the agressiveness, It should, scum. Its what is going to get you lynched, along with your BS reasoning.

So,
You're doing this to "Pretend" to scum hunt,
while all you're really doing is being a lazy scum who only feels like bothering about one person.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2009, 02:17:34 am »

The problem with the Toony Tunnel is it only works if you land on scum from the start, mostly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2009, 06:50:25 am »

Hmm. You are currently going for the "think of what the newbies will think of you" route... Are there any other reasons to not lynch you? At the moment your position is kind of weak.
He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones. If you are expecting to be lynched, wouldn't it be better to attack people who are not the target of a Toony Tunnel? Or are you trying to get rid of your own suspicion by joining a bandwagon?

I already explained that I voted for MagmaDeath due to RNG. MagmaDeath is not very suspicious, but he's still at the top of my list until he provides satisfying answers. I really can't tell who here actually is scum, and who isn't of you two, Nirur and Magma. So I'm gonna update my FoS list.

Nirur Torir, please make clear that you aren't jumping on a bandwagon, rather than starting one.
Org, seriously, WTF?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2009, 09:40:29 am »

Seems I misunderstood the Toony Tunnel. That's not exactly what I'm doing here - I'm focusing on pushing one person for scumtells. Let's see ...

Nirur Torir, please make clear that you aren't jumping on a bandwagon, rather than starting one.
Because I'm not trying to get Magma lynched day 1. I'll explain in a bit.

What are you doing trying a "Toony tunnel" just to cover up your scumminess by explaining it away as part of this tactic most people wouldn't have heard of, and barely ever works?

Technically, from a townie's point of view, you have a 25% chance of being scum. If you are scum, and I live, I will push you until you make a mistake that makes your scumminess obvious. I'm not completely ignoring the rest of the game, of course.

Well, never shifting your focus from one person is really kinda strange, and could be mistaken for scummy by newer players.
You seem to be trying to prevent the Toony Tunnel subtly. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't focus on you. My aggressiveness being mistaken as a scumtell by new players does not concern me.
Prevent the subtlety?
How would it be subtle when you've announced what you are doing?

Please re-read my sentence. I never said I was trying to be subtle about it. Answer what I asked.

As for the agressiveness, It should, scum. Its what is going to get you lynched, along with your BS reasoning.

So,
You're doing this to "Pretend" to scum hunt,
while all you're really doing is being a lazy scum who only feels like bothering about one person.

Scum go for lynches with vague, lousy reasons. I am focusing most of my scumhunting efforts on one person, not pushing for a day 1 lynch on him her. However, I do expect scum to try to jump on board and push for a lynch on one of us.
Better to scumhunt on one person rather then allow myself to be manipulated by the scum.

Logically speaking, if everybody tunneled on one different person who didn't have votes on them, we should have a fairly good chance of finding who the scum is.

You seem to be trying to convince me to stop by appealing to my sense of survival, and saying that I'll surely get lynched for aggressiveness if I continue this. Explain, please.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2009, 10:18:21 am »

Hmm. You are currently going for the "think of what the newbies will think of you" route... Are there any other reasons to not lynch you? At the moment your position is kind of weak.
He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones. If you are expecting to be lynched, wouldn't it be better to attack people who are not the target of a Toony Tunnel? Or are you trying to get rid of your own suspicion by joining a bandwagon?

I already explained that I voted for MagmaDeath due to RNG. MagmaDeath is not very suspicious, but he's still at the top of my list until he provides satisfying answers. I really can't tell who here actually is scum, and who isn't of you two, Nirur and Magma. So I'm gonna update my FoS list.

Org, seriously, WTF?
??!?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2009, 11:03:52 am »

Seems I misunderstood the Toony Tunnel. That's not exactly what I'm doing here - I'm focusing on pushing one person for scumtells.

Picking a person and pushing them is normal Scumhunting, which is what everyone should be doing.  ;)
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2009, 11:52:27 am »

I was trying to do more EXTREME scumhunting. Or something. Because everything's better when it's EXTREME.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2009, 11:59:44 am »

Org, seriously, WTF?
??!?

You did something so obviously scum that we can assume you are pouring the wine. So I FoS'd you. Simple as that.
B'sides, I have other fish to fry, right now.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2009, 12:13:14 pm »

Nobody seems to have placed it, but the Toony Tunnel  is so named because it's tunnelvision. (Empirically I think Toony's rate with it is two hits of three shots, or it would not have been so...interesting that it be named).

So Nirur Torir is an EXTREMist.  scum!
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2009, 12:18:44 pm »

Org, do you have any intention of answering my questions, properly?

Also, can we get a vote count?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2009, 12:34:57 pm »

UNVOTE org. I want answers, but it seems like I'm not going to get them, and that I'm wasting my time when I could be hunting. Consider yourself blue for the forseeable future.

Rooster, you contribution has been a bit... trivial. We haven't seen you for, what, three days now? And I think your last post was the response to Jim, who isn't even playing.

You ask me one question early on, like day 1. You were friendly and everything... but then you go into lurker mode? You reek of scum that's trying to avoid drawing attention to yourself, with the plausible deniability of "I participated! (...once)". Where have you been? What's your opinion on the situation?

Your profile says you were here earlier, and yet you've added NOTHING to the conversation. What are you up to?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28