Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 6: End - End of an Age  (Read 49051 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Day 3 - Not a tear (Replacement found)
« Reply #345 on: December 21, 2009, 09:56:30 pm »

2 requests

Extended to Tuesday, 9pm EST.

Now get to scumhunting, before the second prods come out.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 22, 2009, 02:08:57 am »

Rooster! Lets see you convince me to shift my vote. Make a case against someone, and then explain why I should vote them instead of you. I'm actually open to convincing at this point, and if you ARE town we need to light some fires and get stuff rolling.

I'm a naturally impatient person - If this doesn't hurry up I'm totally going to request a day shortening. So Sonearage, get in here and put out some damn good answers. You got a lot of org-lurking to make up for, so git hunting and make this extension worth it. :P

Anyways, so I went through and made an argument in this post for each player. Rooster just comes out the scummiest by and far, and the argument is long so its the only one I'm going to post. If you want to see the others let me know.
Day 1:
Rooster: Lurks almost the entire day. Posts to say, essentially "Whatever." to my questions and claim theres nothing for him to comment on. Finally, at my pushing, he claims he is "using a different tactic", posts a very defensive post in which he says I'm just attacking him because he's an easy target (Seriously? when Magma was around?) and then tries to shrug off my accusation by saying I lose credibility because he voted me first. Still no scumhunting, just defensiveness.

Finally votes for Nirur, one of the people attacking Magma. Hoping to draw fire off his scumbuddy? When it becomes clear Magma is going down, he switches his vote to Magma - exactly the sort of situation that screams "bus!"

Then Magma is voted off, saying he hopes Errol gets lynched. Is it because Errol is a partner who bused him early with no need, and its just out of anger? Possible, maybe, but doubtful. Most likely, it is WIFOM - and with a bunch of random townies, why target a scum partner?

Day 2:
Rooster: Immediately jumps on Nirur Torir, the person who led the charge against magma and just cast a vote against him. Very defensive. Claims he is acting like Org, despite... not. States outright he is trying to "mindfuck" us. Why would a townie try to mindfuck the town? Accuses me of following Nirur despite the fact that I was attacking him first. STILL doesn't respond to any of my accusations. then proceeds to personal insults. Claims to be emulating several different players in rapid succession.

Proceeds to flip the fuck out, to the point where gets warned by an ICto modify his actions. Seems very much like a panicked scum trying to do anything, find any way to weasel his way out of this situation. Despite all this, his scumhunting is weak at best. His sole goal appears to be to get attention off himself any way he can.

Proceeds to "cut the crap out" and become... well, passive. Not lurky like before, not explodey, but just... laid back. Passive. The weirdest part? It works! People stop attacking, start leaving him alone - and he stops jumping. Still, all his questions are along the line of why are you voting me? Did you policy vote me? Why are you doing a policy vote? Why do you think I am scummy? Other than that he asks things like btw, don't Org and Nirur look awwwwfully scummy?

Most of his posts after that are short, usually flinging an accusation of some sort against Nirur without any real force or hunting behind it. As if he wants Nirur lynched, but doesn't want to be seen leading the charge. After everyone switches to vote Nirur... he switches to Org? Doesn't want to have his vote on someone who he knows is going to get lynched on a confirmed townie?

And while his vote is on Org, he encourages org to lurk! Trying to set up Org for a future lynch? Comments like "Shouldn't you be lurking" and "instead of trying to save himself, he should just lurk away like he always does."

The Nirur gets lynched.

Day 3:
Rooster goes on attack against Org, then claims hes got no reason for it but his gut. Org leaves... and Rooster unvotes. He doesn't scumhunt anyone else, he barely scumhunted Org, and then he unvotes? And leaves it like that? And all he does is vote to extend, without a reason or any scumhunting involved?

ROOSTER! You are a scumbag! Why did you not press against soneage if you suspected Org? Why no hunting? Why haven't you pushed me, or Errol, or LASD, or ANYONE? Why do you seem so intent on blending into the background again, and only attacking easy targets like WIFOM-spewing Nirur, lurky Org, and your soon to be killed scummate?

Is it because... you're scum?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 22, 2009, 03:35:25 am »

I would have replied if there actually was something interesting to reply to.

Anyway. No reason to change from Rooster. I'm going to trust the hard facts and my first vote in this matter.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 22, 2009, 07:49:03 am »

I played half of begginer mafia 3.
Do they sound wishy washy? Why do you think that?

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 22, 2009, 08:21:54 am »

Ok, Glyph gryph, I'll do something usefull before I'm gone. But I'll still keep my promise if you remember what it was.

I'm having a hard time deciding, but I think it's Errol, or You if you get to the final 3. (Effectively stupid thing to say, and makes no sense. Actually it's the first mafia game I don't even know what to look for.)

Errol said that the game will be lost if he dies, but now that I think about it, it doesn't make sense for scum to say that...

He attacked LASD for being somebody that acts too good. Scum would actually do that I think not.

So forget it, I don't think Errol is number 1 right now.

Then we have LASD. If he will be at final 3 and I think he will, it'd be better for him to be town, because if he's scum then scum won... again. But other than that, I don't think he's scum because scum would jump on me. Unless scum knows that. It's a WIFOM of sorts.

Sonerage, I admit. I voted Org, because he did some weird stuff, but actually he did that cause he was Org. Still I saw enough odd behavior even for Org. Like he did NOT lurk actually. He was active. So don't tell me now "oh it's just Org, or whatever". He's actually in the top posters I think? So he's busy. He's just someone to dislike (again not what I would've said). Glyph gryph, you gave him a chance to say more. Let's do that. He's in mediocre zone, on my probability list.

You, Glyph gryph stayed on me till day one. Not too suspicious. But everything that's not suspicious IS suspicious. Nirur was best scumhunter here. Now that he's gone, The end will be determined totally at random. Even if you're town and you'll predict the right guy. It'll still be random.

Rooster
you just don't know what you're doing don't you? I'm sorry everyone that I played at your cost. Very uncool of me, but I won't do it anymore. I feel a lot stronger when I'm the scum, since I only have to pretend.

Scuminess chart (wohoo)

1Rooster (You gotta try everything in your life mate!)
2Sonerage, Errol
3Glyph Gryph
4LASD

I'll just be ignored after death anyway so...

Now don't sit idle. Don't change the votes if you don't want, but use the leftover time, that was bought, and let's do something more usefull and check out the rest of the crew mkay? (Annnd there is nobody, and no suspicious action which I could explode at anyway right now)

OMG a prediction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 22, 2009, 09:05:20 am »

Rooster, that argument unfortunately was already extensively used by me. Yet I am at the quasi-head of your scumminess chart.

Mafia is quite simple in this regard. If the town gets soaked in WIFOM, the WIFOM gets dissolved by lynching the person responsible for it. The best thing you could do right now would be pushing Sonearage. We need a profile of him.

Objection at day shortening.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 22, 2009, 09:32:22 am »

I would have replied if there actually was something interesting to reply to.
Eeeeh?:
But I have to warn you that lynching me - unless I am scum - will lose you the game.
Why you would you say that's even a possibility? With that part, the sentence doesn't really mean anything. And as even you think it might be possible that you're scum, I'm pretty happy having my vote on you.

Again, I don't think the one being lynched is scum, we're on our way to lylo. So I started thinking who's driving these innocent lynches, interestingly the driving force behind Nirur's lynch was instantly killed in the night.
Glyph has spent the whole game trying to kill Rooster, a rather easy target I must say, and hopped on Nirur just as a lynch seemed possible. I must say you've done exceptional work at gathering evidence against Rooster, but I'm almost sure he's innocent and it might be possible that you know she is.

Glyph being scum would be the worst case scenario, but it's something that has to be considered.

Thank you though for reminding me of Magma's last words, even if they are a whole barrel of WIFOM. Still, spotlighting your scumbuddy just before dying is so incredibly desperate I think it was just a feeble attempt at causing a mislynch. Though practically confirming a townie is also quite foolish, so Errol, you remain suspicious.

All this brings me to unvote and a return to Org/Sonerage. Share your thoughts and suspicions and do a vote based on your own opinions instead of riding on Org's old vote. You've just read the whole thread, so you should have a good picture.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 22, 2009, 09:59:28 am »

Unvote whatever Org did (if he did anything)
and vote LASD.
My reasons.
1. I know for a fact that Mafias try to accuse other players, they choose a strong player, and then either night kill them or they lynch them,
 finding tiny faults. Though they do it in a way, that they might not know that they are scum themselves. Your'e doing just that.
2. What is it with Errol? You are just picking on him, finding timy faults.
But I have to warn you that lynching me - unless I am scum - will lose you the game.
Why you would you say that's even a possibility? With that part, the sentence doesn't really mean anything. And as even you think it might be possible that you're scum, I'm pretty happy having my vote on you.
THOSE are my reasons

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 22, 2009, 10:00:13 am »

I didn't actually request a day shortening, just said I would if things didn't pick up a bit.

I'm an impatient person, but I'm not stupid. With a new player in, we need this time.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 22, 2009, 11:28:07 am »

I feel... ignored? maybe.
You're supposed to smash my head against a wall now?
Don't tell me you did that tl;dr now?

Sonerage: I'm trying to process what you said but I'm having extremely hard time.
1 Not always. At day it's all about surving, especially for the beginner scum. I didn't really push myself forward at LCS mafia where I was indeed scum.
2Isn't it all about picking on someone? You shouldn't accuse someone because they try to scumhunt. Say it. Eighter he's pretending, or he's asking questions. You can't have middle ground.

Your words don't bear much power, so try again.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 22, 2009, 11:29:23 am »

By picking on I mean almost beating up (metaphorically speaking)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 23, 2009, 12:14:48 am »

Also, what would I have smashed you over, exactly, for that last post? I replied to the one part I thought I needed to - why I brought up the day shortening. Everything else is pretty much you digging your own grave and acting weird. If I think too much about it, I'll WIFOM. I don't think I really have much to add.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 23, 2009, 08:53:39 am »

LASD tries to make me slip up and commit a critical mistake. So far, this hasn't happened, but there are a lot of little things I did that could seem suspicious. This might start to become tunnelvision, amirite?

Of course I am town. I pointed out the damn obvious, LASD. You might think I am scum and lynch me, which is your damn good right. You just need to find good reasons. So far, I don't see a good reason that you are scum - save for the slight tunnelvision!

Sonearage, why are you defending me? Offensive defense, in fact? Remember, the first one who tried that got lynched, and I see no reason that this behavior might be less suspicious now.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 23, 2009, 02:31:15 pm »

Final Vote Count:
Rooster[3]: Errol, GlyphGryph, Rooster
Sonearage[1]: LASD
LASD[1]: Sonearage

Not Voting:

(cause of delay: no access to my notes. Meh.)

Rooster was debating with several people when suddenly, she felt ropes tighten around her as she sat.  Looking down, she saw Flows of air holding her down to the chair.  A quick check on the Source showed that she was Shielded-a small part of her felt relief that it was just a Shield.  With a glare, she turned her head, the only part that could move, to look for the one holding the Power.  Although everyone she saw was not, they were all staring behind her.  A quick count told her that she couldn't see Errol.

From behind her came Errol's voice, "This is better.  If you Shield quickly, you leave little time for anyone to sneak an attack."  How can she talk so calmly about the Black Ajah, or about what happened yesterday? 

Rooster spluttered at the idea, "So.. so you don't think I'm Blac..bla"

"Black Ajah?  Of course you are and you wouldn't Still yourself.  But why give you the chance to do anything hasty?"

It was clear that Errol thought that made sense.  To Rooster, trying to wrap her head around it just made her head ache.  A glance at the others showed that many others felt the same.

Jacquin was the first to recover, "Well, we can put her up for trial as well.  For now she can sit behind bars. 

Rooster stared at the others as they led her from the room-Errol reworking the flows so that she could not move her hands but could at least leave the chair.  She worked up enough voice to say, "But I'm Yellow!  Just a Yellow!  I swear!"

Jacquin shook her head slightly, "We'll find out in due time."

Rooster, Townie, has been Lynched.

It is now night.  Night roles, send me your choices.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Night 3 - Mistaken Logic
« Reply #359 on: December 24, 2009, 12:11:11 pm »

The following morning started off in the Dungeons.  What was found there was horrifying.

Every guard dead where they stood.  Futhermore, Rooster, LASD, and Magmadeath were found strangled to death.  All of it was done with the Power. 

The last news was the most terrifying: one of the Angreal was missing.  Angreal were tools-their making lost thousands of years ago.  With one, an Aes Sedai can use much more of the Power than she could by herself.  The White Tower kept a stock of them and took great care to protect them.  That one could be stolen could be no less than unthinkable.

The remaining women found themselves back in the meeting room again.  A Black Ajah, now more powerful than any other woman in here, just looking for the right time to finish them all off.

That she hasn't done it already means they have a chance, perhaps one more, to find her and stop her. The lives of everyone in the room, perhaps even the entire Tower, hangs in the balance.

LASD, Townie, has been killed in the night.

Survivors:
Errol
GlyphGryph
Sonearage

It is now the Last Day.  This day, special rules will apply.

1. The day CANNOT end today or tomorrow, due to the holiday. 

2. After Friday, there will be no Set Deadline.  Instead, a 'soft hammer' will be used.

After the start of Saterday, once 2 votes fall on the same person, a 1 hour Deadline will result, starting from the post containing the second vote.  If one of the votes is removed during that time the deadline will be removed.  Otherwise, if both votes stay in effect for that hour, the person is lynched, the day and game is over.  Note that this will happen regardless of me being here.  If the 2nd vote falls at 5:03pm then the game is OVER at 6:03pm and any posts made after this time will not be valid.

Note that this will not be in effect until Saturday.  Until then, you may vote as you wish. Note that No Lynch is no longer allowed as a voting option.

Good luck, and happy holidays.

I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28