Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 6: End - End of an Age  (Read 49092 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 6: Day 2: ...and Red all over.
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2009, 07:39:45 pm »

Thanks Org. I never thought you would save me from suicide. And now that finals are over, I can concentrate properly on scumhunting.

So that's why you decided to to answer my (if trivial) question!

Makes sense... not.

Seriously don't make me unvote org and vote you
Long answer: No, I'm not quite sure what you meant by your question about ToonyMan. He amuses me, and I've seen him get (fake?)-offended at people for not capitalizing the 'M.'

Unvote. Vote Errol. Why is it that, not only did you try to convince me to vote myself, you used it as a method for pushing me towards lynch when I fulfilled my conditions and voted for myself? Seems you forced me into a Catch-22.
Had I refused to agree to ever vote myself, I've little doubt that you would have pushed for a lynch on the grounds of "Only scum are so caught up on surviving."
Had I refused to vote myself after agreeing, it would have been "Lynch All Liars"
As it stands, you misinterpreted what I said, even after I re-quoted it again. Town has little reason to exaggerate scumtells, while scum are served very well by blowing things out of proportion to get others lynched.
So tell me, what was the point of even asking in the first place? Or are you going to tell me that you weren't really trying to get me to vote for myself?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2009, 08:16:48 pm »

Read. Nothing seems particularly commentworthy, and Nirur still looks like scum to me.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2009, 10:03:46 pm »

Great. Nirur kills me.
ROOSTER IS SCUM JEEZ HE TRIES TO ACT LIKE ME AND ITS NOT HELPING TOWN

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 16, 2009, 01:59:31 am »

Org aren't you supposed to lurk till the end?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 16, 2009, 07:12:59 am »

CobaltKobold, your reasons for voting me are bad. Either state more reasons why you think I'm scummy enough to lynch, or get scumhunting.

I'm getting suspicious of LASD and Glyph, simply because they're not drawing attention to themselves in a game where most people are dropping many scumtells.
Wait, are you suggesting I should seem more scummy because others do that? You want it to be easier to blend in?

However, I don't really like the thought of lynching Nirur Torir. I'm find it hard to believe that MagmaDeath and Vector would have agreed to Nirur tunneling his scumbuddy on Day 1.

The Ajah question was a veiled and failed attempt to get people to say the Townie color they were given in the Role PM (the only information the Mafia likely doesn't have) but I'm suspecting now that Townies aren't all the same color after all. Still, do you think there'd be any benefit for claiming them? (Or is the risk of revealing a potential Doctor too great?) And if you think so, say who'd you'd like to claim first so that scum can't just copy townies. Or we could just go by votes, but personally I'd like to see CobaltKobold go first if the time comes.
If I'm reading this right, I already claimed: white.

Oi. Fine. If somebody besides Errol gives me a valid, original reason on why I should vote myself, with no objections, I will. I don't intend to spend my weekend defending myself from the spotlight while the scum gets off freely.
OK. Here's a good reason: it's in your role PM. ;)
So far, most of the scum hunting has been for "That's not a townie thing to do!" That doesn't necessarily make it a scummy thing to do, just an anti-townie thing. We've got too many townies doing anti-town things for that to be a deciding factor.
There are no third-parties in BM. OK, here's a good reason to vote yourself: You do antitown things. By your own admission e'en.
I hate to join a bandwagon, but I'm going to have to agree with Org. His perpetual null-tells make him a liability at Lylo.
Here's another one- picking a "null/neutral" to lynch over an "antitown".

Nirur = scum.

Basically, your stated reasons come down to: "You voted Org! Die, scum!"

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 16, 2009, 07:21:01 am »

Org aren't you supposed to lurk till the end?
I know rite?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 16, 2009, 07:29:29 am »

Thanks Org. I never thought you would save me from suicide. And now that finals are over, I can concentrate properly on scumhunting.

So that's why you decided to to answer my (if trivial) question!

Makes sense... not.

Seriously don't make me unvote org and vote you
Long answer: No, I'm not quite sure what you meant by your question about ToonyMan. He amuses me, and I've seen him get (fake?)-offended at people for not capitalizing the 'M.'

Unvote. Vote Errol. Why is it that, not only did you try to convince me to vote myself, you used it as a method for pushing me towards lynch when I fulfilled my conditions and voted for myself? Seems you forced me into a Catch-22.
Had I refused to agree to ever vote myself, I've little doubt that you would have pushed for a lynch on the grounds of "Only scum are so caught up on surviving."
Had I refused to vote myself after agreeing, it would have been "Lynch All Liars"
As it stands, you misinterpreted what I said, even after I re-quoted it again. Town has little reason to exaggerate scumtells, while scum are served very well by blowing things out of proportion to get others lynched.
So tell me, what was the point of even asking in the first place? Or are you going to tell me that you weren't really trying to get me to vote for myself?

It was supposed to be a distraction so that I can find the real scum, only that you are the real scum. Funny, right? And now, I am in phase four. I am convinced that you are scum, and so I intend to see you hang.
Looking back, I should have clarified my point after you accused me of mis-reading, only that I didn't bother to do so because I thought it was irrelevant. I'm not just lynching you for this bureaucratic mistake. I'm lynching you for all the reasons I mentioned in my first vote, too. And if this turns out to be a huge slugfest between two townies, the survivors will have so much intel they'll not even have enough time to process it.
You voted Org to distract people from you. Scum!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2009, 07:53:54 am »

[....]
BTW, if you were all that intent in lynching Rooster, you would have stuck with it. You wouldn't have made this unnecessarily complex by surprise-lunging at Cobalt, and then suddenly switching back. Your explanation for the latest flop is fishy, as the majority was decided at that point.

Town does not play like that. Town prefers clarity, not complexity. Therefore, I propose cutting the knot by lynching you, so that town is able to see clearly again.

So, you tried to get me to vote myself to distract the "real scum" long enough for you to find them? Sounds overly complex. By your own words, you are scummy. I also fail to see how two townies trying to rip each other's throats out gives massive amounts of intel, aside from who sided with who.

I'm see no reason to continue attempts to justify my earlier Org vote.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 16, 2009, 10:19:45 am »

Which is exactly what we just might need. Intel's valueable. And, since we already hit mafia, we can spare a townie or two. No reason to go all out until lylo.

Nope, your vote-for-yourself thing was an attempt to lure scum out, and because I, at that point, was rather fed up with you. I'm rather swayable by my own emotions. Scum that would vote for you for fishy reasons, scum that would vote for me for fishy reasons, scum that would suspiciously abstain... or the scum in plain sight, your species. Trying to distract scum with that action of mine would be a stupid plan.

But still, the reasoning stands - you weasel around, you die. If the town wants to apply the same thing to me later, sure, go ahead. But you are first.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 16, 2009, 11:00:21 am »

I hate your logic. It makes perfect sense, but I hate it because it means I don't get to play anymore.
Alright, let's just assume I'm town but am getting lynched anyway. Why? It let's me focus on scumhunting, and removes the tunnel vision everybody else has me. I'd rather be able to contribute to the conversation, and my logic won't be construed as WIFOM after I flip town. I realize I've made too many mistakes that make me look scummy, so I'm done defending myself for this game. I still intend to question attacks made against me.
Unvote.
I want everybody to state two people besides myself that they are suspicious of, and why.
I'm quite suspicious of CobaltKobold, followed by Gryph.

CobaltKobold was just too quick to jump on me, after a mostly quiet day 1. He's too fixated on me. As I said earlier, I expected to be .... (Confusing argument that I tried earlier.)
Simplification, using Joe in place of historical me, and me as Magma's partner. Joe voted Magma, who flipped scum. I want revenge, but expect Joe to be protected by a doctor. I NK some random person, then try to get Joe lynched.
This is what I feel CobaltKobold is doing, after re-reading all his day 2 posts. Could just be me trying to go for more WIFOM, so I don't expect anyone to take it seriously until after my lynch.

I still need to re-read day 2 a few more times for other people, but Glyph is doing a very good job of flying under the radar.

Errol, you run a very close third, mostly because of your general demeanor.

Org ... I don't really think he's scum this time around. I'm probably just biased because he tried to save me from a lynch though.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 16, 2009, 01:05:40 pm »

Spot one Nirur. This is pretty clear.
Spot two goes for LASD. He simply has too clean a sheet. It's really odd how he drops no scumtell whatsoever.
But I've got no leads other than Nirur, so I can't really suspect people.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2009, 01:25:34 pm »

Nirur: You shouldn't give up! (just sayin)

If you're going to suspect Glyph, then because he picks too easy targets, I'm obvious target, and it would be just fine if people just sticked to me, which I tried to provoke. But no! when you get kicked he votes you? Weird, but not scummy. Although you have the right to send me hate PM's if he would turn up scum that killed us all.

But you Nirur are suspicious, but not as Org right now. I don't know what is he doing, but instead of trying to save himself, he should just lurk away like he always does.

So... in case of LASD no scumtell is a scumtell?

Cobalt Kobold is acting funny, but I can't point to specifics.

Errol has some confuzing posts, but I don't think that it's him/her, that goes around killing people.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2009, 02:42:46 pm »

I hate your logic. It makes perfect sense, but I hate it because it means I don't get to play anymore.
Alright, let's just assume I'm town but am getting lynched anyway. Why? It let's me focus on scumhunting, and removes the tunnel vision everybody else has me. I'd rather be able to contribute to the conversation, and my logic won't be construed as WIFOM after I flip town. I realize I've made too many mistakes that make me look scummy, so I'm done defending myself for this game. I still intend to question attacks made against me.
Unvote.
I want everybody to state two people besides myself that they are suspicious of, and why.
I'm quite suspicious of CobaltKobold, followed by Gryph.

CobaltKobold was just too quick to jump on me, after a mostly quiet day 1. He's too fixated on me. As I said earlier, I expected to be .... (Confusing argument that I tried earlier.)
Simplification, using Joe in place of historical me, and me as Magma's partner. Joe voted Magma, who flipped scum. I want revenge, but expect Joe to be protected by a doctor. I NK some random person, then try to get Joe lynched.
This is what I feel CobaltKobold is doing, after re-reading all his day 2 posts. Could just be me trying to go for more WIFOM, so I don't expect anyone to take it seriously until after my lynch.

I still need to re-read day 2 a few more times for other people, but Glyph is doing a very good job of flying under the radar.

Errol, you run a very close third, mostly because of your general demeanor.

Org ... I don't really think he's scum this time around. I'm probably just biased because he tried to save me from a lynch though.
Actually...I was going to die. Not you. So Im only trying to save mahself

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2009, 04:21:44 pm »

Current Vote Count:
Nirur Torir[4]: CobaltKobold, Errol, GlyphGryph, Org
Org[2]: LASD, Rooster

Not Voting: Nirur Torir,

Deadline: Wednesday, 9pm EST
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 16, 2009, 04:53:12 pm »

Oops. Wishful thinking lead me to believe that Org was simply unvoting me.
Org is a greater threat to the town's sanity then I am.

Glyph, get back here and answer my question. You were on earlier, and I know you aren't completely sure that I'm scum. Which two people besides me do you think is scum, and why?
CobaltKobold, LASD, you also have yet to respond.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28