Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 7. Wasted Martial Trance.  (Read 6390 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 1.
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 09:12:43 pm »

Sacrifice the diamond to Limul in exchange for her favor, and possibly another spell - preferably something magma-related.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:16:47 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 1.
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 10:40:33 pm »

!xRTD in

On the replacement list, of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 2.
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 08:09:33 pm »

I’ve decided that, since I’m too lazy to draw a map, to reduce confusion I’m going to try numbering the rooms. The number is the “tier” and distance from the entrance. The letter is which room it is at that distance. Realmfighter found room 3B, but would have been in room 3A if he had gone straight ahead. It probably will not go beyond F.
To avoid boring turns of “And I move towards room 5C for a third time,” it will be a free action if nobody in the destination is in combat. Otherwise I’ll roll if you’re more then two rooms away – average is three rooms moved, which shouldn’t be a problem if you’re not all exploring separate rooms.
-----
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
-----
Endok looks at the diamond for a few moments, transfixed by its beauty. After making up his mind, he begins chanting: “Oh great Limul, sturdy as a mountain. I return this stunning diamond to you.” Stefan watches as the diamond falls to the ground. He loses track of it when it hits, as though it has vanished. Endok feels that Limul is pleased, and he “remembers” a new spell, surely a gift from Limul.
While Realmfighter walks through to another room, Stefan begins looking around the room, intent on searching for any small holes that may contain dangerous cave creatures or treasure. As he does so, a hand suddenly clamping down on his back causes him to jump and nearly fall over. He spins and draws his sword, then glares at an expressionless Halenthial Fleshleaf standing behind him as he sheathes his sword again.
Meanwhile, Fraen reaches the end of a brief tunnel. He immediately notices sunlight, streaming through a small hole big enough for a child to crawl through in the right wall, and another hole in the ceiling. The room is oddly shaped, and has another passageway big enough to walk through in the far wall. There is a pit along the right side with bones. He stands in the doorway after seeing three lizardmen cooking some sort of meat over a fire. They look at him while hissing to each other.
-----
Background: Lizardmen are a common pest, standing at one meter tall when fully grown. They are known for stealing from humans, eating domesticated animals, and ruining crops, probably for the fun of it. Although cowardly, they have been known to attack, kill, and eat humans if they feel they have a sufficient advantage. They are able to use simple weapons, armor, and tools.

Before departing on your quest, the merchant cast a Telepathic Link spell on the group, enabling them to communicate over moderate distances without actually taking.
-----
NPCs:
Lizardman 1 – He looks to the others for guidance, then gets up and approaches Fraen.
     Healthy
     Armed with stone axe
Lizardman 2 – He gives several sharp hisses, then leads the way towards Fraen.
     Healthy
     Armed with poorly-maintained copper sword
Lizardman 3 – He watches the others stand, then fumbles his spear as he stands. He approaches with them.
     Healthy
     Armed with wooden spear.
-----
Locations:
1) A natural looking entrance to the caves. Leads to the outside world, and has an artificial doorway towards 2.
2) An artificial room with three doorways. One leads to 1, the third leads to 3B. It has mushrooms along one side.
3B) – A room with a small exit to the outside world. Has two doorways, one of which leads to 2.
-----
Statuses:
Quote from: Stefan(Tehstefan)
Health: Unharmed
Traits: Swordplay, Arcane magic
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Endok(RandomNumberGenerator)
Traits: Pious, Resiliant

Quote from: Fraen(Realmfighter)
Traits: Gunmanship, Gun Care and Smithing

Quote from:  Halenthial Fleshleaf (Haika)
Traits: Assassin, Catburglar

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 08:15:28 pm »

Ah, the first fight!
I'd try to conserve pistol ammo, but that's just me. Take'em down!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 08:48:14 pm »

I shall circle around as stealthily as possible, and try to get behind the last lizardman, and attack from there with my bokken.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 08:51:48 pm »

Fling a magmaball at one of the lizardmen.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 09:10:11 pm »

Use the sword and kill some lizard men.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 10:29:36 pm »

Sword those dudes. Since I'm a healer and all.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 3.
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 10:14:50 am »

I apologize for the delay. I blame it on procrastination.
-----
-----
Fraen charges towards the second lizardman, swinging his sword at it. He stumbles while running, and the lizardman takes advantage of him being off-balance to strike. Fraen tries to parry the blow, but isn’t fast enough. His left arm cut, but not badly. The thought strikes him that he will step to the right. Now. As he does so, he sees that his companions are behind him, and that Endok has just flung a small chunk of magma at his lizardman. The creature looks scorched.
Stefan moves in to the right of them, engaging the lizardman armed with an axe. It expertly parries his first attack and steps out of the way of his second, then takes a swing at him. Stefan barely succeeds in dodging the blow. Meanwhile, Halenthial Fleshleaf notices the third lizardman watching the fight and trembling. Deciding it would be easy to kill it while it’s distracted, he speaks from the shadows. “They’re fighting, look at them go!” The lizardman begins looking around without moving. The elf runs towards it and tries to hit it in the back of the head, but misses.
-----
Background: There is a fight. You have better things to do then contemplate background information.
-----
NPCs:
Lizardman 1 {18,6} – He looks to the others for guidance, then gets up and approaches Fraen.
     Healthy
     Armed with stone axe
Lizardman 2 {18,16} – He gives several sharp hisses, then leads the way towards Fraen.
     Wounded (-1S)
Lizardman 3 {11-1=10,16} – He watches the others stand, then fumbles his spear as he stands. He approaches with them.
     Healthy
     Armed with wooden spear.
-----
Locations:
1) A natural looking entrance to the caves. Leads to the outside world, and has an artificial doorway towards 2.
2) An artificial room with three doorways. One leads to 1, the third leads to 3B. It has mushrooms along one side.
3B) – A room with a small exit to the outside world. Has two doorways, one of which leads to 2.
-----
Statuses:

Health: Light Wounds

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 10:30:59 am »

Woot, thought this was dead, happy to see it's still going.

action: Since stealth seems to have failed, might as well strike out at the nearest Lizardman, and see if I can't do better this time.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 03:24:18 pm »

Throw my rocks at the lizards.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 04:21:24 pm »

keep on using my sword, not like I need to heal anyone or anything, yet.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 09:54:39 pm »

Kill lizard 2.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 4.
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 07:48:43 pm »

I find it amusing that the players mostly post in the same order each time. But then, I’m fairly easily amused. Especially by shiny things. Like this shiny thing you’re trying to collect in this cave. It’s shiny. I think I lost where I was headed with this. I’d post a shiny thing, but sharing a collection of shiny things debases their value. Get your own shiny things. In other threads, of course. I might get distracted from updating this if there were shiny things here.

Moving right along.
-----
I noticed several mistakes. I’m giving one +1L bonus each turn for the first person to point out mistakes each round. Only the most recent round counts, as I don’t want to retcon old turns. Spectators will get luck tokens, which can be given out to players they choose, or used to deduct 1L from an enemy (Or a player, I guess). There is a cap of +/-1 each turn for this. Players cannot accumulate luck tokens.
-----
-----
Halenthial Fleshleaf continues her battle against the hapless lizardman. She tries to distract it by pointing out that its friends are all dead, but the lizardman doesn’t even glance at them. It seems to not understand Common. The elf strikes, but it lithely springs out of the way, aiming a blow at her. She parries it effortlessly and scoffs at the misguided creature.
Stefan attacks his foe, but stumbles over a bone. He gets distracted when he notices it’s a human skull, and the lizardman strikes his torso. Luckily, the axe was dull, and his wound was minor.
Fraen is starting to tire, and is fighting poorly. He is locked in an inconclusive fight with the leader, but Endok turns the tides from afar with a carefully thrown rock. It strikes the lizardman’s head, knocking it over.
-----
Background: There is still a fight. You still have better things to do then contemplate background information.
-----
NPCs:
Lizardman 1 / dodge
     Healthy
     Armed with stone axe
Lizardman 2 / dodge vs Fraen dodge vs Endok
     Severely Wounded (-2S)
Lizardman 3 / dodge
     Healthy
     Armed with wooden spear.
-----
Locations:
-----
Statuses:
Health: Lightly Wounded

Health: Light Wounds

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 4.
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 08:22:52 pm »

Stab Mr.2 in the face.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5