Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 7. Wasted Martial Trance.  (Read 6393 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Pre-game: Finalizing roles.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 11:55:18 am »

Eh, I guess I'll stick with my paladin. Diversity is always a good thing, and we need a tank.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 01:19:24 pm »

I'm good with mine.

We need a gun toting badass.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 04:33:49 pm »

So real question is using earth water or arcane...Hrrm..

And yeah. He's kinda like a slightly more healing centric paladin. We'll see how he turns out.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 05:21:24 pm »

Decide soonish!

I'll post a turn in a few hours. Probably.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 05:27:54 pm »

Just roll a die, 1-3 is earth/water and 4-6 is arcane.

Then post a intro turn.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 07:22:18 pm »

So real question is using earth water or arcane...Hrrm..

And yeah. He's kinda like a slightly more healing centric paladin. We'll see how he turns out.

Well, if Nirur goes by my god's spheres, I'll probably get several earth and fire abilities. So water or arcane, I'd way.

Question: Do earth spells cause earth damage or blunt damage?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 0
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 08:08:06 pm »

Earth spells cause Earth damage.
Haika, your character is assumed to be trying to sneak into every encounter, unless preforming a non-sneaking action, such as carrying a noisy treasure chest full of golden coins.
Trying to create or learn a new spell takes an action, and may not give exactly the desired results.
Stefan knows a few spells that can preform very minor tasks, used to train apprentices. Such spells are not listed.
-----
Four adventurers entered a cave. Stefan the human entered first, lighting a candle with a simple magic word and placing it into a lamp. Endok the dwarf came next. “Ah, good ta be back un’ergroun’ again.”
Fraen the half-elf followed suit and shivered, lighting her own lantern. “It’s cold down here, but we must press on. We cannot fail here.” Finally, Halenthial Fleshleaf the elf. His reluctance at entering the cave was barely visible.
And so began their quest. They were brought together by a shady human to find the secrets to bringing down the insane elven ruler of the neighboring kingdom. He claimed to have spent years of searching to finally have the answer to destroying the elf before the world itself was destroyed. The adventurers each had their own reasons for this quest.
-----
Background: The party finds themselves in a small, one-chamber cave. It looks natural, but Endok locates an artificial doorway dug into the far wall, hidden behind a rock outcropping.
-----
Locations:
Cave Entrance - A natural looking entrance to the caves. Leads to the outside world, and has an artificial doorway.
-----
Statuses:
Quote from: Stefan(Tehstefan)
Health: Unharmed
Traits: Swordplay, Arcane magic
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Endok(RandomNumberGenerator)
Traits: Pious, Resiliant
Quote from: Fraen(Realmfighter)
Traits: Gunmanship, Gun Care and Smithing
Quote from:  Halenthial Fleshleaf (Haika)
Traits: Assassin, Catburglar

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 0.
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 09:09:21 pm »

First aciton. Search the immediate area for any hidden item stashes. Torches for people arriving, supplies for people leaving. Maybe a weapon stash. That sort of thing.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 10:16:47 pm »

Gather some rocks lying around.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 10:40:24 pm »

Check door.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 11:10:04 pm »

Check around for any signs of hostility, or our objective.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTDX: The Insane Elf. Turn 1.
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 08:48:34 pm »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
-----
Halenthial Fleshleaf begins searching the cave immediately upon their arrival. The elf finds a hole in the ground and trips to the ground. His pride was hurt more then his body, and he stands with only a few bruises. “Lousy caves, not even a proper floor. I shudder to think of anyone actually living here.”
Ignoring the elf, Endok searches the floor. He stuffs a few small rocks in a pouch, then his eyes gleam as he sees a small, flawlessly cut diamond. Unsure how it got behind that rock in the first place, he pockets it and searches for more. He fails to find anything else of interest.
While the elf and dwarf search for treasure, Stefan and Fraen approach the doorway to the next room. Remembering the old merchant’s warning about the ancient broach’s affinity for attracting giant spiders, Stefan cautiously approaches. He presses his ear to the stone wall next to the opening, but he only hears Fraen running through it. “It’s safe! There’s only a bunch of mushrooms.” Stefan groans, but follows her. The room they find themselves in was clearly artificially dug, but not recently. It is roughly circular, and there are two entrances in the rock wall: One is straight ahead, and one is ahead and to the right. The walls are coated in lichen, and there are indeed mushrooms covering the right side of the room. The left side is bare rock.
Not wanting to be left in the dark, they are rapidly joined by a scowling elf and the joyous looking dwarf.
-----
Background: Endok identifies the lichen that coat the walls as faintly bioluminescent.
-----
Locations:
Cave Entrance - A natural looking entrance to the caves. Leads to the outside world, and has an artificial doorway towards Mushroom Room.
Mushroom Room – An artificial room with three doorways. One leads to Cave Entrance.
-----
Statuses:
Quote from: Stefan(Tehstefan)
Traits: Swordplay, Arcane magic
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Endok(RandomNumberGenerator)
Traits: Pious, Resiliant

Quote from: Fraen(Realmfighter)
Traits: Gunmanship, Gun Care and Smithing

Quote from:  Halenthial Fleshleaf (Haika)
Traits: Assassin, Catburglar

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 09:00:00 pm »

Well, since that failed, I'm gonna try my hand at practicing my moving while silent ability. Sneaking up to people, and tapping them on the shoulder type thing. :D
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 09:03:28 pm »

Check out the room to the forward-right, use the sword if there are 1-2 enemys.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 09:09:51 pm »

Nice get.

I look around, on my guard. I'm not exactly excited about this place, it seems spooky.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5