Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Discworld the RTD Chapter:3-Hiatus is been stomped to death.  (Read 6061 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Discworld the RTD Chapter:3-Hiatus is been stomped to death.
« on: December 03, 2009, 07:23:25 pm »

Welcome to DiscWorld

A place where science has no rule, magic is as common as sand is in a desert, and Heroes are abundant.  Where gods have an all too real sway, and atheists lives are extremely short.  A place where even it's inhabitants are surprised daily of the imagination their creator had when he made the world.  Oh, and the world is supported by 4 elephants on the back of a giant turtle flying through space.

Rules, the nasty things that tend to take up time and get in the way of fun:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Before your lost soul is a deep glowing pit, the wind wishpers in your ear, telling you the last words of millions "Are you sure those mushrooms were edible I feel a bit....."  "Naw it's fine to wear plate mail in a lightning storm" "It's just a scratch...." and the most popular "I don't believe in gods!  Bzzt"  You decide to risk it and jump, it would be hard to say that you fell through different dimensions on the way there, that there was a loud pop or that it was scary... in all truthfulness the fall was short and kinda fun.  From behind you, you can hear " OH DAMN THERE GOES ANOTHER ONE."

Your soul lands in some poor chap's head, it seems as though you are looking through two windows when you are in fact inside his head.... what are you:

At the moment only five souls can escape Death's grip

1.Name: RAGE
Class: RAGING TROLL
Race: TROLL
Wearing:Nothing at all, you are a troll.
Inventory:Rocks, rocks and a few more rocks... oh and one of your teeth fell out so a diamond.

2.Name: Frederick VIII
Class: Assassin
Race: Morporkian
Wearing:Black assassin's outfit, consisting of a bit of leather, and a nice jet black hood.
Inventory:Iron Dagger,lock picks, rapier, gold pouch (for holding gold, not made of gold.)"empty", assassin's guild signet ring

3.Name:Bartfast
Class:wizard
Race:Gnome
Wearing:Very small wizards robe pointed hat and all
Inventory:Cigar bag,
Special items:
Spellbook

4.Name:Flint
Class:Hero
Race:Morporkean
Wearing:Survival gear, you know sturdy boots, leather jacket, tough pants, hood.
Items:Enchanted swo... er wait enchanted dagger named Doug, looting sack, cook set, some horse jerky
Special items:Doug the dagger, generally cheerful, lacks blood lust and likes tea, intense magical aura
Stats:Strength III
+1 to attacking and defending thanks to Doug

5.Name: Ford
Class: Thief
Race: Morporkean Human
Wearing:highway man's wear <-description:light chain, under stained leather, spiked boots, dark hood and pants, very baggy
Inventory:Grappling hook, thieves lock picks (more effective then normal lock picks, but outlawed) 2 iron daggers, throwing knives 10 gold
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 10:18:52 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Discworld the RTD Chapter:not yet started
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:55:06 pm »

Name: RAGE
Class: RAGING TROLL
Race: TROLL

I HURT THING, ALSO SPEAK IN FULL CAPS.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 08:03:49 pm »

Ooo, a DiscWorld RTD. I'd quite like to join, but I've only read about half of the books. Lousy local library, not valuing the most important books. [/fistshake]

Name: Frederick VIII
Class: Assassin
Race: Morporkian (Any human living there for long enough suffers a race change, right? If not, general human.)

A fresh graduate of the Morporkian Assassin's Guild. He was the crown prince of some small nation. It was annexed by Klatch shortly after he was sent to Ankh-Morpork as a small child, and now he lacks a homeland to return to.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:06:53 pm by Nirur Torir »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:13:04 pm »

YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED YOUR LAST RTD
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 08:17:41 pm »

YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED YOUR LAST RTD

YOU USE AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF CAPTIVATION.

I WANT TO HURT YOU.

RAGE.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 08:37:02 pm »

Hmmm, I really need to learn how to resist these things.

Bartfast
wizard
Gnome
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 06:46:29 am »

I probably shouldn't join another RTD but this one is irresistible

Flint
Hero
Morporkian human

Always wanted to be an assasin but due to a coincidental series of villainous targets was mislabeled a hero and became attached to the glory and popularity that came with it.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 06:55:31 am »

Name: Ford
Class: Thief
Race: Morporkean Human
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 05:48:57 pm »

Turn 1, unexpected circumstances
Ford, Fredrick and Flint hide in the bushes, waiting for the gnome to get close enough to spring.  The area just outside Ankh-Morpork, with rolling hills, caves, the odd temple, and plenty of thieves.  Just as the theives tense to spring, a loud popping sound is heard, and a rather angry troll falls out of a shaft of light onto the road ahead.  Being rudely woken from his philosophy, he decides to let his anger out of the rather small squishy cowering on the road.  Just as the thieves spring, the gnome pisses himself and the troll gets ready to bite, five blueish colored balls fall from the sky and land inside their heads.  After the twitching subsides, the former enemies look about themselves, pleased at the escape from death and the readily available bodies.  Introductions get underway, and the people learn to walk and most impotently breath once more.

So, everyone's been added and the game can start, nearby are a number of small caves, probably with some creatures or bandits inside.  There is an odd looking path leading off into the forest, and the city of Ankh-Morpork is just over the hill.  Movement will be group based, decided upon the number of people wanting to go that way.  As of now you must stick together, for fear of death picking you off if you split up.  Unknown to you, death is making some popcorn and settling in to watch his favorite play, with his daughter.

Gods, currently involved:None, except a single small god whose name is not known to the world.

Oh and just as a note, magic is damn hard in this RTD.  There is raw magic, used by druids, and supernatural creatures, which is very unpredictable and tends to scar the landscape.  There is Wizard magic, which consists of sacrifices for a long term benefit, small feats of telekinesis, spell books, whose spells can only be used once, and spell writing which involves creating new spells through the use of parchment and ink, can be compiled into a spell book. Then there is enchanting, which involves gems, runes and an object, to create something of a desired effect, goes from magic fire shooting wands to chests that follow you around on hundreds of legs.  The final and probably most effective magic is god-magic, generally asking the gods for help, though it requires sacrifices, gods who like you, and following their orders if they ask you to do something in return.

Have FUN!!!
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discworld the RTD Chapter:1-Getting to know how to live again.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 06:00:50 pm »

You forgot to mention the most potent of a wizard's tools: Bopping things about the head with a sturdy staff.

Gods, currently involved:None, except a single small god whose name is not known to the world.

You may regret that line. I pray to thank Jreengus for our escape from Death. I know not of a Jreengus, but it just popped into my head. Or maybe I just have an overactive imagination.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 06:06:44 pm »

Bop Nirur on the head hard enough for him to forget his OOC transgression.

You'll thank me later.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 06:12:58 pm »

Caves have bandits, bandits have loot, loot is good, ego caves are good. Don't know why were were going to rob a gnome though, gnomes never have good stuff.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 06:56:39 pm »

I will suggest heading towards the cave. And do some push ups or something
If we head into Ankh with nothing to be stolen then the thieves will be more inclined to hurt us instead.   
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 07:17:56 pm by Flintus10 »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 06:58:44 pm »

You were gonna steal from him because he's a wizard, and wizards are generally easy prey.  Oh and feel free to pray to random gods, but be careful if it's not a real god then the others may become angered at you.  You have no staff, staves are for powerful wizards, which you are not.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 07:06:19 pm »

I'm prepared to take that risk. Being the founding member of a religion can be mildly advantageous.
Pages: [1] 2 3