Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Simple Healing Utility  (Read 2216 times)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Simple Healing Utility
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:45:45 pm »

Anyone know a simple utility that lets me heal my dwarfs. A recent siege left several wounded that jus sit there and no1 is going over to help them. All of them are thirsty, but no1 is bringing water despite my buckets and well.

I just need something that heals them without all the fancy modules that come with Companion (tried it and it didn't work on my comp for some reason) and other such things.

Im running 40d#.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Healing Utility
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:06:36 pm »

1. Get a dwarf injuries location ( Let say its the left arm. )
2. Save
3. Go in raw/object and open both body_Default.txt and Creature_Standard.txt
4. In the line [BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH]
5. Find out what may include the left arm ( Ill help you here its in the HUMANOID 1st after body.
---To find out what body part are include in each *Entry* simply search the right entry in the body_default.txt
6. Remove the left arm tag in the Humanoid Entry
7. Save file
8. Fire game/Load game/Save game
9. Rinse/Repeat

Its tedious, long, boring, but sometime its simply better and easier to only heal non-healable injury and the worst one, ( Brown, Red and dark grey wounds ) Myself i simply let them die or heal naturaly, if they get wounds, they earned it!!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Kraegan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 07:10:13 pm »

Yeah I usually just let them die.  I give them a time limit to get better, if they aren't up and moving around when the time is up they get locked in their room till they die.  There are plenty of migrants out there to replace them.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 07:15:47 pm »

Yeah I usually just let them die.  I give them a time limit to get better, if they aren't up and moving around when the time is up they get locked in their room till they die.  There are plenty of migrants out there to replace them.

What if its the case of my two legendary miners. (one being my mayor/broker/manager) Also, they are both from my original 7, and have 5+ friends apiece, death doesn't seem like a possibility for them.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 07:25:51 pm »

Then play up with my steps for the injury and make sure to add back the tag you remove.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Kraegan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 07:39:03 pm »

What if its the case of my two legendary miners. (one being my mayor/broker/manager) Also, they are both from my original 7, and have 5+ friends apiece, death doesn't seem like a possibility for them.

That's what makes the game "fun" :)

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 07:44:08 pm »

One broke his upper left arm and the other a mangled left foot (I realize that he cant walk b/c of that).

I only found a left arm tag, so deleting the whole arm is safe?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 07:51:37 pm »

(deleted)
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 07:52:51 pm »

try to remove only the wounded part instead of the whole arm get in game load save replace the tag you removed then go for the other injury rinse repeat.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 12:42:21 am »

try to remove only the wounded part instead of the whole arm get in game load save replace the tag you removed then go for the other injury rinse repeat.
AFAIK, it doesn't matter what you remove; I delete the NOSE from the dwarven BODY tag, and it heals all wounds, spines, hearts, eyes, what have you. My procedure, to be perfectly clear:
1. Open and edit raw file, in this case creatures_standard.txt. Find the [BODY:PARTS] section. Remove any part you like.
2. Open DF and load game. Immediately on loading, save and quit.
3. Return raw file to previous condition. Save file, return to business.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 01:01:33 am »

Never tried it like that but thats awesome to know, anything weird like dwarf loosing all items? or anything like that or was it bug-less?

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 06:16:28 pm »

Never tried it like that but thats awesome to know, anything weird like dwarf loosing all items? or anything like that or was it bug-less?
I have not seen any bugs, but there could be some that I did not see.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 10:52:24 pm »

If some ppl feel like it, we could use some other input and various game version t further test it and find out if there is hidden bug by healing using the *nose ablation* trick

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 02:43:04 pm »

AFAIK, it doesn't matter what you remove; I delete the NOSE from the dwarven BODY tag, and it heals all wounds, spines, hearts, eyes, what have you. My procedure, to be perfectly clear:
1. Open and edit raw file, in this case creatures_standard.txt. Find the [BODY:PARTS] section. Remove any part you like.
2. Open DF and load game. Immediately on loading, save and quit.
3. Return raw file to previous condition. Save file, return to business.

Wow that really worked

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 03:00:01 pm »

The way i see it ( would be great if toady could confirm or infirm it ) is that body part in the entity file is an array store with the *character information* for each *entity* present. So if you remove an entry in the array it reset the whole array to default value ( Wich is undamaged/no-wound whatever ).

Game load read the *character information* apply the information your set. But what if the game while loading get information about nose from savefile, but the raw file doesnt have nose the game dont know what to do with null-reference but instead of crashing a safe-guard exist and apply the new raw-file bodypart array (just like when it create a new *character* with default)  instead of the corrupted information wich ould lead to crash.
Pages: [1] 2