Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uhhh... why aren't the champions doing anything?  (Read 1413 times)

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Uhhh... why aren't the champions doing anything?
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:45:00 pm »

I just got the baroness and everything else that came with her, and now for some reason, my Champions stopped eating, sleeping, and drinking. They've been stationary ever since the Baroness arrived. I thought Champions were exempt from the whole tax thing?
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Uhhh... why aren't the champions doing anything?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:40 pm »

Stationary?  Did you, uh, station them somewhere?  Or put them on a patrol route with only one waypoint?

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:42:32 pm »

no. They were in the barracks, standing down, possibly wrestling, and they were standing on top of one another. They weren't injured either.
Quest Complete! 41/31

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:45:45 pm »

Almost definitely a coincidence.  And it would not have anything to do with the economy.  Dwarves will still eat, they just buy cheaper foods and drinks - failing that they'd search for vermin and drink water.

No, what is most likely is that you've encountered a bug.  If they are getting hungry, they would have left if the case had been you stationing them - nothing holds a dwarf away from his booze.

Check your announcements screen, and use the 'o'rders screen to set all announcements to viewable.  See if there's anything causing your champions to cancel a task (it doesn't matter what task, though if this is the case the task will likely be related to why they are stuck).  Also, sometimes champions will become stuck in eternal sparring matches - this can be solved by caused a small cave in near by, but not directly over them (just close enough to get caught in the dust).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:46:31 pm »

What does it have as their current job?  Just "Soldier"?  Does anything happen if you station them somewhere else?  Are you sure they aren't gathered around their squad leader?  How long have they been there?

e: wait, are there only two of them?  And they're sparring with each other?

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 10:33:24 pm »

Yes, there were only two Champions, and they were sparring, judging by the pink flashing on their icons. I'm guessing they were there for about half a season. I tried to tell them to patrol a site, but they still stood there in an eternal man-orgy. And yeah, their current jobs were merely "Soldier", as all champions are, I'm guessing. After all, a champion can't work! Who do you think you are, ordering a champion to pull his weight around here during not-wartime?!
Quest Complete! 41/31

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:46:12 pm »

Ha, if you'd said they were stuck WRESTLING, this would have been much easier (that's what the pinkish purple flashing means).  Yeah, it's a bug.  Possibly this one, so you could try working through the solutions mentioned in that thread.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 10:43:25 am »

Yes, there were only two Champions, and they were sparring, judging by the pink flashing on their icons. I'm guessing they were there for about half a season. I tried to tell them to patrol a site, but they still stood there in an eternal man-orgy. And yeah, their current jobs were merely "Soldier", as all champions are, I'm guessing. After all, a champion can't work! Who do you think you are, ordering a champion to pull his weight around here during not-wartime?!
but they still stood there in an eternal man-orgy.

man-orgy.

:-\
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 06:18:45 am »

but they still stood there in an eternal man-orgy.

man-orgy.

:-\
Don't worry Armok! I will correct it:
Dwarf-orgy